[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Alex Hutchison

Alex Hutchison

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Alex Hutchison

Postby frocus » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:48 am

Is there any particular camp where it's easier to get Alex Hutchison to pop or one where there aren't 500 roamers in the area? Tryed a bit over tuesday/wednesday 0 spawns 9 aa but had heard he spawns only from static mobs not roamers and everywhere I tryed had to kill 2-3 roamers per static kill.

Edit btw camp I was at I am assuming was ballroom since was loaded with dancers. Also did the sweep from ZI to Bat Keeper i think it was a couple times. :cry: Always seems AC augs hate me took me Approx 200 mini named kills in TBS for the Rum recipe to complete my hand aug tho thats finally done. I'm also about 1/3 done with Bayle's Heraldic Crest.
frocus

Re: Alex Hutchison

Postby Arny » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:57 am

We always camped one of the oblong halls either side of the ballroom, but whichever you always have two roaming servants to deal with. One trick we did use was to set up a hail bot at the furthest point away from us, then wait till they are together then hail, if you set up a hotkey macro you only had to press it once every 5 minutes to keep them from moving.

Be warned though he wasn't a common spawn and it took us something like 4 months of near constant camping to get five full sets!
Arny

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:01 pm

If I might inquire regarding this, is static DSK an open zone now?
Ride free brother.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby frocus » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:10 pm

Yes it is. Pally was my alt shammy was dsk flagged in por a little late but I'm not much for raiding so wasn't really concerned with flagging.

Want to say it level 70 but may be 72 like demi.
frocus

Postby Khauruk » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:11 pm

Yes, it is open once you're of appropriate level. Can't recall what that lvl is, but you should have achieved it by the time you have reason to go there (other than to loot rots)
Khauruk

Server: Luclin

Postby frocus » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:13 am

Thinking maybe I should start my aug farming with Shadowy Student in dsk. I noticed everything seemed to assist the aids and got wiped by Keleborne. Allah's said wolves won't bring adds or is it the Wolves just won't bring keleborne and the aids?
frocus

Postby Brohg » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:41 am

Werewolf placeholders for the Shadowy Student aren't assisted by Keleborn or his Aids. If you wait for Keleborn to path away, you can clear all the adds before killing him, making the encounter much easier. Keleborn stays dead for 2h, letting you pull four rounds of placeholders with impunity.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby frocus » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:17 am

Cool thanks Brohg wasn't really to active during DoD and only played Shammy and Chanter a bit then so AC augs weren't a priority.
frocus

Postby Kakimor » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:33 pm

Fro I have to ask bro ... Why bother .... at least with Alex ... SoD and SoF have pretty much complete sets of augs that are as good or better. Both EvilGamer.net and SteelWarrior have aug threads if you need more info than what is available here. Admittedly some involve long assed quests but most everything up to SoF I have managed with my 3 box team below. Am going to soon try Crystalos with 2 healer mercs just in case :)
Kakimor

Berserker Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby Abazzagorath » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:50 pm

There is no point camping alex now. The aug is an ultra rare drop (he has 3 drops, a common, an uncommon, and rare) and there are so many ac augs out that are easier to camp and take less time, just no point.

As an up and coming tank, I WOULD camp shadowy student for its 5 augs, but don't bother with alex.
Abazzagorath

Server: Drinal

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:47 am

I agree with the consensus. Two nights camping Shadowy Student is well invested time. A month camping Alex is not.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby frocus » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:01 am

Yeah I gonna go head with the Student and will do what quests etc I can for rest of augs. All though if I see him up I'll kill and hope for the best. Just wasn't sure I'd be able to do duo with merc a lot of the tss augs I'd need to fill the slots alex would.
frocus

Postby Jinoyn » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:50 am

I was running down to basement to camp Student last week and low and behold Alex was up. He was right across from the doorway to the lower area. Dropped evolving sword and hotzone aug for me, sadly not his rare aug. I slapped the sword on and it's leveling pretty fast for my pally.
Jinoyn

Bard Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby Joejo » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:31 pm

was up last night, outside dining room, thought about it but he had a sword in hand and what ive read, that means no aug, so wasnt worth the time, without looking would think hes prob still up, doesnt seem to be many go there on druzzil even though its a hotzone.
Joejo

Paladin Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Return to Equipment & Loot