[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - SoD weapon graphics?

SoD weapon graphics?

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

SoD weapon graphics?

Postby Findlay-The-Faithful » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:59 pm

I was wondering if anyone has links to images of any of the new SoD Paladin weapon graphics, do any have particle effects or anything like that? Soulcleave? The Assistant Librarian Krekn's Ebonlight?
Findlay-The-Faithful

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Re: SoD weapon graphics?

Postby shiftie » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:03 pm

The kurns tower blade has a very boring graphic :( The only blade I have seen that has a decent graphic is the group weapon from ocean green village - pestilence or something like that. It has a purple particle effect.

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Uhaen » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:13 am

KT weapon and the Citadel of the Worldslayer weapon are pretty similar in their boring graphics. The only one worth looking at (with a Rune proc) is Mindtaker; looks exactly like Blackblade of the Rain from BoT tower!

There is however one paladin weapon that stands fast against all, and ravages everything in its path with its superior ravaging-of-corpses skill; I speak of course of the Staff of Hamahiru. Thing looks like sex on a stick; or that could be the stick, being attached to me. Either way!
Uhaen

Server: Bristlebane

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby frocus » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:52 am

Ebonlight from Kaesora library looks like a butter knife on crack. Looks nice in Item link but graphic on worn weap is silly.
frocus

Postby ZsaZsa Vavoom » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:19 pm

Sort of unrelated, but this made me remember something...

When the level cap went up, I was trying to keep my weapon skills maxed. When doing so, I said, "Yeesh. I really haven't kept up to date on my 1hb. My best 1hb is still the one from Qvic!" I ended up getting my 1hb skillups largely with snare hammer and DA hammer in odd situations.

So just now I went and searched Magelo, and noticed something wacky. To this date, there are only 4 1hb in the entire game that are paladin usable and have a better ratio than my stupid Qvic hammer. 1 is the Flanged Prayer Mace, which I never managed to get my hands on. The other 3 are not knight specific. 2 of them are fabled, the third is from pretty deep into SoD. All 3 of those would be silly choices for a knight compared to 1hs weapons from comparable content. So my question is: did I miss a memo? Should we expect that we are done seeing knight-specific 1hb weapons?
ZsaZsa Vavoom of Drinal
85th Level Paladin of The Kindred and Keeper of the Funk
ZsaZsa Vavoom

Server: Drinal

Paladin Main

Postby Genadinee » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:53 pm

Nope think Paladins have been forgotten for a long time with regard to 1hb. Reason being so little content requires more than 1 type of weapon and where it does matter just use your 2hander, so it became an easy out for Merloc and he dropped making it.

As for the 1hb in SoD that is a beast of a weapon, looks fugly glowing branch but HoV as a proc on a mod rate 500% is a nice aggro weapon. Think it was Freezahx in channel mentioned SK laughed at his choice until he took aggro FROM said SK, that is good aggro.

If it drops again for us I will certainly look it over as the 1hs from the Tower isnt pretty to look at either.

Genadine, RF, AB
Genadinee

Server: Atonius

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Uhaen » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:48 am

The agro from HoHV is ass; they nerfed the massive agro advantage it had a LONG time ago, back when clerics could hold it from warriors because the heal wasn't a recourse (I *heard*! At the time that HoHV came out on, coincidently, the HoHV from Vallon, I was still pulling singles in Dreadlands). And that story is mine! He said the agro sucked, so I held it off of him just to prove that rune5 on your weapon doesn't mean anything in terms of skill.

I went in on the weapon for two reasons; first, I've always wanted an HoHV weapon. Ever since I saw a cleric gleaming with constant group heals, I've thought 'damn; nothing can be sexier than Hopebringer on crack.' and not even rune5 steps up to it for me. Secondly, it's exactly what ZsaZsa said; We haven't had 1hb in forever, and even though it's a fairly crappy reason (and weapon for that matter, ratiowise!) the graphic did it for me. Greatstaff of Power with a shield in offhand? Yes please.

However, I do think we should form a collective petition to change at least one of our raid weapons into a 1hb. The last two expansions, we've had three; five of the six have a rune proc, and in all ways they're linear upgrades to each other. Since most of us are going to hold at least two of the three of each expac, I think it's only fair that we keep at least one of them so we can hit blunt-resistant mobs without giving up a shield. We have piercing covered with knight-specific lances though, and I'm not too much worried about that as much as bringing back a Flanged Prayer Mace; that weapon was sweet!
Uhaen

Server: Bristlebane

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Return to Equipment & Loot