[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Ultimate Twink Gear

Ultimate Twink Gear

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Ultimate Twink Gear

Postby Praxxis » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:11 pm

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if I could get some ideas on "No Level Restricted" gear for a Paladin to use. So far this is what I've come up with, but could definitely use any other ideas you all can come up with :)

Chest: Breastplate of Vindication
1HS: Ghoulbane
2HS: Soulfire
Head: Cowl of Mortality
Wrists: ???
Waist: ???
Arms: ???
Legs: ???
Feet: ???
Fingers: Velium Fire Opal Rings (x2)
Earrings: ???
Hands: ???
Neck: ???
Back: ???
Charm: ???
Range: ???

Its been so long that I can't remember what were some of the best NO DROP - non-level restricted gear for a Paladin. Basically I'll be using my 85 Beastlord (27khp/3kac buffed) and tier II healer merc to aquire these items.

I thank you for all your suggestions :)
Kreavan - 85 Beastlord
Archoneus - 81 Wizard
Proud Member of, "Claw of Nagafen" ~ Bristlebane Server
Praxxis

Server: Bristlebane

Beastlord Main
Wizard - Alt/Box
Paladin - Alt/Box

Re: Ultimate Twink Gear

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:28 pm

wrist - silver chitin wristband
back - Cloak of flames, or the cloak from Seb... the 75 hp one. Damn if I can remember the name.
waist - random drop haste belt from Seb.. again can't recall the name.
All jewelry slots I would use the player crafted for level, and just trade up as you max it out.
Ride free brother.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:07 pm

droppables

Palladium Fire rings, not Velium

Fungus Covered Scaled Tunic best bp till, like 55

Orb of the Infinite Void.

Boots of the Storm

Velium Encrusted Gauntlets

Blooddrinker's Vial (full stats at level 1, no kiddin)

Scalecracker

Jeldorin

Reaver

Imbued Granite Spaulders

Hardened Grey Flesh Sleeves

Deepwater Greaves

Bracelet of Sense/Fortitude/Quickness (pick two)

Cloak of Flames

Cowl of Mortality both mentioned above

Spiked Seahorse Hide Belt / Walrus Fang Belt / Runebranded Girdle

Goranga Idol
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:59 pm

Now that's how you make a list. I have been trying to compile a twink suit list for a while, and that is a hella good list Brohg.

One part I don't get though is why you wouldn't reccomend

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=2747 - silver chitin wristband

over all 3 of those wrists you listed

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=7938

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=7941

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=7942

Is it due to them being all/all? I listed the best one I could think of for Paladin.

Unless I am missing something? I typically target HPs over all for twinking though.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:07 pm

also,l would use

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=27151 or any of the other dragonwing mantles, this being the best of them.

and assuming you have haste in another slot, would definetely use

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=1622

over cloak of flames

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=11621
Bigcat Daddy-o

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Praxxis » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:14 pm

Some great stuff guys, thank you.

What about some Non-Level restricted NO DROP items?
Praxxis

Beastlord Main
Wizard - Alt/Box
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:51 pm

Nodrops? bunch of Seru/Ssra stuff, Vulak if you're talking 46

Yeah, the stuff I listed is all/all or close to. That's a better plate wrist
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:19 am

I'm not sure 100% what you are looking for, such that - I don't know if you really want to grind those lower levels or not. Recently for the hell of it a friend and I started 2 lower level toons it took us an evening of goofing in the hotzones to make it to level 45 or so. With the merc system it was a really simple task. The only reason I mention any of this is to highlight the ease with which it was done. If you don't desire to enjoy the lower levels...actually it would take an extra effort for an experienced player to stay sub 50 for any extended period of time. Anyhow... because of this - it doesn't make much sense to gear a toon with the uber twink items anymore. Just use the merc, invest in a good weapon, snag temp and go grind for 2 hours. You will bypass any required gear levels and then you can equip the defiant gear. All of this is based on the premise that you aren't going to deliberately level slowly. As I said earlier, an experienced player would have to make an actual effort to try and not level at a quicker rate. Good luck with whatever path you choose but consider how much money you can save if you just skip those items that seem engraved into all of our minds as twink. It is likely once you equip your lower level toon that you'll only get to enjoy the uber twink gear for 20 minutes before you feel the need to upgrade it again.

just my 2 cp
cheers,
shiftie

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Daladran » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:49 am

Droppable

Waist - Runed Bolster Belt -
Shoulders - Barbed Dragonscale Pauldrons - (To difficult? Possible to get a nice talisman for the neck item if you run your twink into position)
Neck - Zlandicar's Talisman - (Too difficult?)
Ear - Pearly Sarnak Bangle -
Ear 2 - Vah Shir Claw Earring - (There's probably better available) OR Grimling Earbone -
Hands - Gauntlets of Fiery Might - OR Shissar Scaled Gauntlets - (Depends if you're low on Wis or not, probably going to go with Fiery Might if it's available)
Hands (Diificult option) - Mithril Gauntlets -
Feet - Mithril Boots -
Face - Grimling Skin Mask -
Head - Crown of Narandi - (Might have to buy this option. Or you could go for the Dain ring yourself, I've read some posts about people soloing the Ring War. I don't know if that's too difficult or not, but you can have the Lance sitting in your bank as well when you hit 55)
Back - Cloak of Lesser Pernicity - (Still obtainable?) OR Siblisian Berserker Cloak -
Range - Fetish of the Agile - (Can be annoyingly rare)
2HS - Doljonijiarnimorinar - (Too difficult?)
1HB - Stave of Shielding - )
1HS - Swiftblade of Zek - (Too difficult?)
1HS - Blade of Carnage - (Too difficult?)

No Drop

Any slot you need to fill in I'd suggest MultiQuesting some Thurgadin armor (Runed Protector's). Easy faction to get, don't need excessive amounts, and the drops aren't insanely rare. My other suggestion would be to look at gear that drops in Umbral Plains. Running a low character to a place like ToV/Skyshrine/Ssra/etc for some gear can prove difficult at times (But possible) and it's sometimes difficult to bring the mobs to a place where the character can reach the gear. Umbral Plains (While not a cake walk to get to) isn't extremely difficult to zone into and most of the ideal mobs can be pulled to the zoneline.

Mobs in Umbral to look for:

Bile Spew -
Dark Master - - All 4 Required for => Doomshade (Obviously tons of great equipment, but of distinct note is that he has the easiest to attain 250 range bow usable by a PAL)
Fallen Sergeant - (Decent 1HS if you haven't gotten the above options)
Festersore - (30AC Earring and a decent Bracer)
Fleshrot - (90% WR bag and a decent Shoulder slot if you haven't gotten the above options)
Gantru Dralkenr -
Radir Fireshower - - Required for => Spirit of Radir
Rumblecrush -
Shak Dathor Warlord - (Drops one absurd hammer very rarely)
Tawro Icequake - - Required for => Spirit of Tawro
Zelnithak -

You can deck out just about any class in a full set of Umbral gear. I don't know how camped these places have become, but back when I used to group them most of the mobs used to sit up for days (With the exception of Doomshade and Rumblecrush who were killed on a regular basis). That being said, if you're capable of getting your twink into ToV and if you're main is capable of clearing the place, some of your best gear will come from there.

I don't really know how viable any of these targets are, whether some of these items still drop, or how camped the spawns are. I semi-retired from live after doing the open beta for OoW and I don't really know what's gone down since then. I have read some threads about some absurd trophy solos, so I do know that most of these mobs can be soloed and I doubt they'd remove most of these mobs.

*EDIT* Forgot to include Queen's Carapace for the chest slot ().
Ex-Paladin retired to the Mac Server
Daladran

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Praxxis » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:33 am

Thanks guys! That is some awesome information :)

Yeah, I know I could grind out 50 levels in no time, but this toon won't be for me. Somehow I have done the unthinkable and actually got my GF to want to try EQ for the first time. I don't want to power level her because I want her to learn the class she chose. But I would like her to have some nice gear to play with :)
Praxxis

Beastlord Main
Wizard - Alt/Box
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby Jace » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:10 pm

I'd go after killing cursed in ssra and seru, cursed has some level 1 stuff and also some level restricted stuff but at least you can get breastplate of the void bagged until you hit 51. Will be an item click thats good even at 85 for self focus.
Jace

Server: Maelin Starpyre

Paladin Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Return to Equipment & Loot