[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - 2.0 questions

2.0 questions

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

2.0 questions

Postby Lourre » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:28 pm

Killed Muridae this weekend, so I'm up to doing Rite of Chivalry.

-Anyone know the time between waves of orcs?
-What level are the orcs?
-I'm lvl 73 with, oh, about 170AA, can I take them out with raid buffs?
-Also, has anyone tried it with a merc? Will the merc get kicked for helping? Or, Steadfast Servant?

Thanks!
Lourre Nytblytr
High Elf Paladin of Tunare
Lourre

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Re: 2.0 questions

Postby Uhaen » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:26 pm

I *believe* the timer was one minute between waves, but I could be off slightly. The orcs conned blue to me when I did them, but I can't remember if I did them at 70 or 75. At 170 AA, though, I would get full raid buffs; I was strugging with my 1.5 to bring them all down on my own buffs, but with raid and more than 25% haste at my disposal, I was able to tear through them. As well, you have access to burst of sunlight, so you won't need to spend as much time casting heals as I did.

I wouldn't know if a merc would get kicked, but when one considers that they are actually another player I would assume they would get banished; however, it'd probably keep trying to run back to you. I never tried Steadfast, either; that may have helped in the long run, but I failed a good 3 times practicing before figuring out how to do it myself.

Basically, if you're going to get this done you will need a raid with you anyway; go ahead and get fully buffed, and just tear 'em up. And be sure to agro all 4 per wave, as their assist radius is rather lame! Worst case scenario, you can practice this over and over, and it'll probably be pretty decent xp, too!
Uhaen

Server: Bristlebane

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:43 pm

to make it trivial.

Get a high end mage DS
Get the highest level DS potions available in baz.

Run circles around the ruins until you have all 4 orcs. Once you have them rounded up let them all attack, drink the HoT potions to supplement your health and use burst. Wash and repeat. That should make it extremely easy. Just make sure to round them up.

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby ZsaZsa Vavoom » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:51 pm

No idea on the merc, as they didn't exist when I did it, but I wouldn't assume it is a problem because they "are a player". There is at least some precedent for "sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't". For example, I was recently trying to get the Valdoon raid to try to solo it for augs. You need 6 people to get those expeditions. However, mercs don't count. This is somewhat consistent with the fact that, like most raid instances, you can't bring your merc *into* the expedition, so sort of fair, but a real pain. I would also guess that mechanic wouldn't factor into the answer to your question. Not a lot of harm in trying, in any case.

And very annoying that an 85 paladin with FBoW and a level 76 ranger bot still couldn't kill the splitting mobs fast enough to stop them from splitting. :x Picked up a weapon upgrade last weekend, along with an upgrade from Fero V to Fero VII, so I may try again, but not optimistic.
ZsaZsa Vavoom of Drinal
85th Level Paladin of The Kindred and Keeper of the Funk
ZsaZsa Vavoom

Server: Drinal

Paladin Main

Postby Bonzz » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:54 pm

Walk thru on my site, btw.

Mercs are a big no no imo, as you are not allowed to have ANY help with this at all.

Buff up, HoT up, DS up and run around the center pilalr to aggro the Orcs, kill them. They arent that tuff, really.

Also, always stand on TOP of the FD Monk.. she is a wimp and dies easy. This is why most people loose. You want to be on top of her so they aggro you nd not her.
The truth is out there! The truth hurts! But the truth will set you free! All hail the Freeport Knights of Truth, servants of Mithaniel Marr the Truthbringer!

Bonzz of Bertoxx

http://www.bonzz.com/bonzz.htm
Bonzz

Server: Bertoxx

Paladin Main

Postby Lourre » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:28 pm

Thanks. Yeah, I checked your site (almost exclusively heh) Bonzz. Only thing is I didn't see what level you were when completing. An "easy fight" is only easy at appropriate levels...
Lourre

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby varutia » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:10 am

I think I did at level 70 which should be what majority of old timer did the 2.0 at. Memory is hazzy now, but it was pretty trivial using 1.5 from what I remember.

I am pretty sure I had time to spare between waves, like previous posters said, maximized the damage shield on yourself and grab all the mobs on wave start to make the full use of your damage shield.
varutia

Server: Bertoxxulous

Paladin Main

Postby Brickand Morter » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:57 pm

Just make sure you damage every one...iirc people lose if one of them dies solely due to DS.
Brickand Morter

Paladin Main

Postby Lourre » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:43 pm

Finished the ring several times in the last few days and brought down Remal yesterday.

Thanks to everyone for all the info.

some additional information regarding the ring event for those looking for more details:

Mercs DO get booted. Servant did not iirc.
Orcs are LB/Green to me at 74.
Fight was trivial with self/merc buffs and clicky DS (fire arms and shield of eighth) needed a couple of Sacred Touches throughout fight and quick heals between waves. had generally about 20 seconds or so between waves at my dps rate.

Valdoon and Diad left to take down...
Lourre

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:29 am

Valdoon is more boring than hard. If it weren't for the mobs in the way that split if not killed fast enough, you could probably do this with 2 people and your merc bot.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby ZsaZsa Vavoom » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:44 pm

For adding annoyance, you can't use your merc bot on Valdoon. It is a raid instance, hence no mercs. That was another treat when I tried to solo it heh
ZsaZsa Vavoom

Server: Drinal

Paladin Main

Postby Lourre » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:52 pm

Most walkthroughs say 10 person min on Valdoon raid. Is that still in effect? Thought I read one that said could be one grouped to get instance. Or is it just the 3 person min expedition type?
Lourre

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Return to Equipment & Loot