[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Fabled Spear of Fire & Fabled Coral Hilted Tulwar

Fabled Spear of Fire & Fabled Coral Hilted Tulwar

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Fabled Spear of Fire & Fabled Coral Hilted Tulwar

Postby Dore » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:02 pm

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=42903

Fabled Spear of Fire
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE
Slot: PRIMARY
Skill: 2H Piercing Atk Delay: 35
DMG: 98 Dmg Bonus: 54 AC: 37
DEX: +28 STA: +28 WIS: +30 AGI: +20 HP: +820 MANA: +820
SV COLD: +40 SV MAGIC: +40
Recommended level of 62.
Effect: Fabled Call of Faith (Combat, Casting Time: Instant)
WT: 1.2 Size: SMALL
Class: PAL
Race: ALL
Slot 1, Type 4 (Weapon: General)

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=42911

Fabled Coral Hilted Tulwar
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE
Slot: PRIMARY
Skill: 2H Slashing Atk Delay: 35
DMG: 97 Dmg Bonus: 67 AC: 38
DEX: +25 STA: +15 WIS: +22 INT: +22 HP: +545 MANA: +545 ENDUR: +545
SV FIRE: +40 SV MAGIC: +40
Recommended level of 62.
Effect: Wave of Cold (Combat, Casting Time: Instant)
WT: 7.5 Size: LARGE
Class: PAL RNG SHD BER
Race: ALL
Slot 1, Type 4 (Weapon: General)
Dore

Re: Fabled Spear of Fire & Fabled Coral Hilted Tulwar

Postby boukk » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:46 pm

Fabled spear is best a grper can attain cause the proc got a quite decent boost.
However the tulwar is worthless (yay for not fabling the proc!).
boukk

Postby Normy » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:47 pm

That is very interesting, because thats the first weapon that I've seen so far with an upgraded proc on it. Normally all the fabled things I've seen so far are upgraded nicely on the stats but have the same proc or effect.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:15 pm

i wouldnt call the Tulwar worthless. Good ratio and the AE proc makes it one of the best farming and factioning weapons.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:59 am

odd, there is a spell entry for Fabled Wave of Cold. I wonder if they forgot to add it to the item

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?i ... ource=Live
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby ebob9 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:30 pm

ebob9

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:41 pm

/sigh
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Kneesmasher1 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:46 pm

Why the big difference in damage bonus on those two weapons? 98Dam/35Dly versus 97Dam/35Dly but a 13 point damage bonus difference. Am I missing something?
Kneesmasher1

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:01 pm

That's based on who was holding it when they updated Lucy
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Sylvia Sunhair » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:15 pm

I find it a bit disapoiting really its not like the proc in it self dosnt come with a huge disadvantage, a 250 range AoE you cant just use anywhere so the weapon will always only come with limited use even if the AoE is 3500 DD.
Sylvia Sunhair

Server: Luclin

Postby Peaky » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:53 am

Peaky

Server: The Tribunal

Paladin Main

Postby Sylvia Sunhair » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:11 pm

Sylvia Sunhair

Server: Luclin

Postby Normy » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:56 am

I did some parsing with the fabled pally weap, and posted my results here:

What I basically found was that the pet proc added as much as 20% of the total weapon damage. I got a total boost of 170DPS from the pets out of the fabled weapon. That was over a fairly long parse time. So what you might be looking at is what exactly is 3 damage more, 3 delay less really doing for you.

I don't know for sure without parsing, but I would suspect that the fabled weapon would still be a little better. As for undead DPS, the slightly faster delay on the other weapon might be enough to increase your total slay chances, so you could make a case for the other weapon but I doubt the difference would be dramatic.
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby kargren » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:06 pm

Sorry to bump this old thread but I just wanted to set something strait about the fabled coral hilted. It is one of the best AE weapons you can get. I proc for more then the 350 it says in the decription more like 500 and crit for 1010. The way I use this weapon is to pull about 20-30 mobs in plane of fire and start procing. So per proc it is doing a minimum of 10k damage. I was in a group with 2 other sk's(2 of us using the fabled one using the non fabled) pulling said 30 mobs at a time and by the time we were getting to the 30th mob it was down to just 2-3% health. This is at a kill rate of 1mob per 30 seconds or less. I would love to see the tulwar get a 3500dd proc but this would be so amazingly overpowering that it wouldnt be fun for more then 5 min because in that 5 min you would clear an entire zone. (granted an older zone that you could tank that many mobs) You would be doing 135k damage from one proc!!!!!
kargren

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:24 pm

weapons like this one is why we are curious to see how the proposed beta AA: Twinproc is gonna work out (after ALL its changes and modifications...)
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Zanador » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:32 pm

Uh it's prob spell damage mod 2 increasing it.
Zanador

Server: rathe

Postby kargren » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:16 am

I doubt its the mod 2's that are increaseing it that much and I was under the impression that md 2's are not critable?
kargren

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:14 pm

Wave of Cold has "Recast Time: 12" in the spdat, so +spelldamage will affect it. That much? I don't know. Just for kicks, do you know how much +spell you have?
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Peaky » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:26 pm

Destructive Fury is going to play the largest part in increasing the crit potency.
Peaky

Server: The Tribunal

Paladin Main

Postby kargren » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:53 pm

I am at 57 spell damage.

Ok I checked the info on heroics posted on evilgamer.com and they say to use a formula of ((cast+recast)/7)*amount = damage bonus. so 0 casting time + 12 /7 x 57 = 97.

After further research I found I do have destructive fury rank 3 which is said to add 25% to the crit damage but with my math it seems to be more like 25.9%

So 0+12/7 x 57 =97 + 350 = 447 x 2.259 on crits = 1010damage AE. It could be fun to make a set of gear just for this sword with as much spell damage as I can get. you would be getting 700damage reg procs and roughly 1680 damage on crit procs thats with rank 6 of destructive furry. That would mean with a train of 20 mobs on you you would be getting about 1600dps just from the procs alone so for me I could clear through a train of 20 C2 fire mobs in 4.5 min.(averaging 45k hp each) but you would need to get 205 points of spell damage on your gear soo hmmm :) with the roughly 100 mobs in the C2 camp that would put me at a 22.5min clear + 4-5 min for pulling so a 27min clear of all of C2 solo for 2aa per clear or 4 aa per hour hmm not to bad.
kargren

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Cellan » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:34 pm

Cellan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:45 pm

shouldn't it be ((0+0)/7*57=bonus for you?

0+ 0 = 0 / 7 = umm.....does this not look right?
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Brohg » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:14 pm

Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby kargren » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:26 am

kargren

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:39 am

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby kargren » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:55 am

For lvl 85 yes there are some better spots for xp. But under lvl 83 I have not found a better spot. Really this is were I go to pl alts or guildies. I can clear all of c2 tower and tables on my sk about as fast as my ranger headshoting can. So even at 85 its at least 2aa/hour.
kargren

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:03 pm

2 aa an hour is slow as hell. esp for a ranger or sk. hell even slow for a pally. was getting more than that at 80, 75, and 70
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Cellan » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:50 pm

Cellan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby kargren » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:55 am

kargren

Shadowknight Main