[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - spell dmg on new weapon

spell dmg on new weapon

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

spell dmg on new weapon

Postby Delfino » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:20 pm

Hey all. I'm a long time reader, first time posting haha. I recently got Chaxyl's Voulge to drop and replaced my epic 2.0. I had a 5dmg 1 chromatic dmg aug and a 7 dmg aug on the epic 2.0 so it was 114 base dmg, 1 chromatic and 1 magic to 40 delay. The Voulge is 106 base dmg 3 corruption dmg and 34 delay. I put the 7dmg on the Voulge so now it's up to 113, 3 corrupt/34 delay. My main question is how is corruption dmg calculated on each attempt at hitting a mob? It's a nice upgrade in stats all around, and I want to know what the potential difference in max dmg can come from the two different weapons. The base damage of the weapons is only 1 point different when auged. Therefore the spell dmg for each weapon creates the variance in potential maximum damage for each weapon. Thanks!

Delfino Spiegel ~ 85 Paladin on Quellious
Delfino

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Re: spell dmg on new weapon

Postby shiftie » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:59 pm

So far as I understand it...feel free to correct me.

Elemental/corruption/prismatic/chromatic damage is based on resists. If the mob has a high fire resist than it is likely to resist a +3 fire dmg aug such as the one from ashengate. As with all resists corruption, prismatic and chromatic would be the hardest for a player to resist and I would assume that the same would hold true for mobs. Everytime you land a successful hit the actual damage +3 corruption has a chance to be resisted, if it is resisted then you would only hit for the base damage of the weapon + whatever aug you have. If the +3 corruption isn't resisted then that is calculated toward the total damage of the weapon on a successful hit prior to any other checks that the mob might have for mitigation. So in the case of the new weapon you have if the corruption isn't resisted you would essentially be swinging a 116/34 dly weapon, I can't say if there is a chance at partial resists but I suppose it is a possibility.

Also, a lower delay weapon is likely to have a lower damage bonus which is calculated at the end.

cheers,
shiftie

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby StPauli » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:36 pm

I think generally elemental damage is counted as 1/4 of a normal damage point. So a 5 damage 1 corruption damage aug would be considered a 5.25 damage aug. I can't back that up with a parse, thats just what I read somewhere but when i calculate damage ratio of weapons thats how I count them. /shrug Like Shiftie said, its dependent on the resists of the mobs, but i think on the whole 1/4 a damage point is given for each elemental damage point.

StPauli

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Delfino » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:11 pm

Thanks. Yeah, I'm familiar with the elemental resist dmg on the augs/weapons. I was mostly curious if corruption was handled differently. I'm assuming corruption is just one of the harder to resist types of bonus dmg. Appreciate the replies. If anyone has anything else to add please feel free :)
Delfino

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:49 pm

Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Delfino » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:14 am

Just did the korrafax instance to get a shot at the tier 5 range and got chainrender to spawn. Ended up dropping the 113/36 2hb. So looks like I might be switching to it for my dps haha. Jeeze the devs didn't do much creatively in terms of graphics with these group weapons. They just look retarded.
Delfino

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:46 am

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Nodden » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:37 pm

Nodden

Server: Antonius Bayle

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:02 pm

it is all planned.

They put horrid looking weapons into the game... then offer ornamations via marketplace and LoN so that people will pay for what used to be free. They are true bastards... but clever.
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Return to Equipment & Loot