[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Looking for Gear on new server

Looking for Gear on new server

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Looking for Gear on new server

Postby Slaashz » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:04 pm

Once the new server pops up im going to playing a paladin with a guild that has decided to level to 65 and then stop and raid Velious content up to PoP content. I was wondering if anyone could help me get a list of good gear to try for during this time. I have hurd from ppl that you start off with all Flawed Defiant gear so not sure if there is much out there that is considered an upgrade from that stuff.

Slaashz

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Re: Looking for Gear on new server

Postby Lucidan » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:39 am

Dain shield and the malgrinnor captain ss that drops from the shadowmane invasion MM would be good to start. Doing the hz tasks for ssra or cod will net a you intricate combatant's/adept's belt, shoulder or back. Velium trio with peridot/opal/taaf augs would be much better than the flawed combatant ears/rings you start with, though you'll be hard pressed to find them because no one has any skill in ts's to start. If you are going to stick around 65ish then elaborate defiant will be your best bet gear wise.
Lucidan

Paladin Main

Postby Huurgh » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:24 am

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert A. Heinlein
Huurgh

Server: Antonius Bayle

Magician Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Wyvernwill » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:46 am

From what I saw through alts... there really is nothing available at those level ranges than defiant and it will carry you all the way to 80 easily. Would say that it's cheap to buy, but on a new server, it will remain a big ticket item for a while until there is a glut of surplus farmed.
Wyvernwill

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Huurgh » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:52 am

Don't forget that you can get defiant waist, back and shoulder items by doing the HZ tasks. And the best: they're tradeable/sellable too. :roll:
Huurgh

Magician Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:42 pm

Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:22 pm

going out on a limb, think he means Hot Zone tasks.

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Huurgh » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:01 pm

Huurgh

Magician Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Slaashz » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:54 pm

Alright thanks alot for the info guys.
Slaashz

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Kruzar » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:09 pm

The guy for the Hot Zone tasks stands really close to the Guild Lobby in PoK. The gear is tradeable, and there are a total of 6 options to choose from. Be sure to check his rewards because the same reward is given for a variety of different tasks. Also, these tasks change every day... and are basically kill 5 of X mob. The one that I have really enjoyed has been the Crypt of Decay task, which so far the kill X mobs have been very easy to get to, and I have been xping there anyway.
Kruzar- Kitty Rogue of 85 Seasons
Kyleanea- Barbarian Shaman of 75 Seasons
Kruzar

Rogue Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Hondo » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:17 pm

Hey all, I am also planning on starting a pally (and boxing a shaman) once the new server goes live. I played a pally about 6 years ago (my first EQ toon). I am curious as to if anyone has any must have items that I should be aware of and may have forgotten/never known about. I'm thinking along the lines of....8% dodge aug, DA Hammer and then I draw a blank...any help/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
Hondo
Hondo

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Joejo » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:59 pm

Joejo

Paladin Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Bloxr Fatso » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:25 am

When (if I haven't missed it already) does the new server go live? Anything special about it?

"Killing for Peace is like Screwing for Virginity"
Bloxr Fatso

Server: The Nameless

Postby Slaashz » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:52 pm

Hey all been looking into aug for my weapons as a tank and sence my guild has been running alot of Nro LDON's for RGC spell i was wondering if getting Sparkling Emerald of Protection aug is worth getting for my 1hander?
Slaashz

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:03 pm

Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Return to Equipment & Loot