[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - New Shield Ornamentation

New Shield Ornamentation

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

New Shield Ornamentation

Postby Sir Lucan D`Lere » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:15 pm

Here's a new one from LoN, Storm Break Scenario 7
Sir Lucan D`Lere

Paladin Main

Re: New Shield Ornamentation

Postby Joejo » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:24 pm

very nice looking but hell im still trying to figure out how to get the first lon 1hs graphic off so I can put on the new one ;(
Joejo

Paladin Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Huurgh » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:40 pm

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert A. Heinlein
Huurgh

Server: Antonius Bayle

Magician Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:22 pm

you don't have to take an ornament off to put a new one on.

just simply combine the already ornamented item in the new box and viola!

oh and your bucket head is lulz in the pic haha

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Joejo » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:29 am

Joejo

Paladin Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:40 am

remove the aug first.

then place the weapon in the ornament box
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby kolor » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:49 am

i never have used the ornamentations because i assumed that they take up the aug slot
are you saying that once it's transformed, the aug slot is available?
Kolor Kolossus
Holy Defender of Firiona Vie
(Level 85 Paladin of short stature)
kolor

Server: FV

Paladin Main

Postby Coupdvil » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:55 am

Correct
Coupdvil

Postby Arslayn » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:43 pm

There are/were 2 types of ornaments, a combine box that changed the weapons look and then an Aug that went into an aug slot gave an aug effect AND changed the look of the weapon. I think I read at one point there was a person in the bazaar? that would change the augs to boxes for those not wishing to lose an aug slot for the look. Mind you someone else would have to confirm that as Im going off my memory about the Exchange person and where they are.
and
"Not all that wander are lost, and not all that glitters is gold"
Defenders Of
Arslayn

Server: Povar

Berserker Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby kolor » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:06 pm

i just found this in regard to converting ornament to ornamentation:

http://www.massively.com/2008/07/03/eve ... -upgrades/

that may have been assuming the planned patch took place though, does anyone know if this is in game yet?
kolor

Paladin Main

Postby shiftie » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:38 pm

That is live. The magus in lobby sells a box that converts the aug into a one time use ornamation box.
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby kolor » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:32 pm

great, thank you
kolor

Paladin Main

Postby Thebobo » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:23 pm

I can't belive Paladins would purchase loot for cash, have you no honor? :?

These things should be available in game by quest missions etc not by playing a card game or spending cash in SC.

But by all means keep contributing to the problem. Helps so they have zero incentive to make nice looking weapons and Sheilds in game like they used to do each expansion. Oh wait thats a selling feature of the next expansion forgetting we got recyled GOD weapon and sheild graphics in SOD /lame.

fire away
Thebobo

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:08 pm

the shield in question was won through a scenario which cost 0 $ - stop being such a debbie downer. People have real jobs that pay real $ let them spend it as they see fit.
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:08 pm

Totally dishonorable for Sony to provide services for payment. They should construct and maintain this entirely fictitious universe for people to beat up fake bad things (that never actually do anything bad, they mostly just stand there, even in game) with their fake swords and fake virtue... FOR FREE!
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Sir Lucan D`Lere » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:09 pm

Sir Lucan D`Lere

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:20 am

was it delivered to you on a 1 gig flash drive like the Sword of a Thousand Truth's?
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Arethro » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:08 am

Sweet looking shield graphic
Arethro Blackbishop
Arethro

Paladin Main

Postby Thebobo » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:31 pm

Thebobo

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:23 pm

I guess the only thing I've minded so far was when they went to DX10 so I couldn't manually patch back in stickman EQ from Apr 1. Screw graphics, I'll wield Fine Steel Stick if it's +30 to uberness. Any sort of nonfunctional bells, whistles, sparkles, or shiny bs they want to put in is absolutely fair game as a paid addon to me. EQ is still egalitarian as long as you don't have to pay for things that actually matter.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Peaky » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:24 pm

I was looking forward to the combine shield graphic as one of the rewards from scenarios, since i scoped out the new things as I usually do on patch day (by starting up a posted trade to see what "they" have available). Alas, it is not available there yet, so I'm hoping it will be a tourney reward soon. I agree though, it stinks that the scenario rewards by and large are a one-time only thing; I have so many rewards that I've not used for fear I'd upgrade the item shortly after.
Peaky

Server: The Tribunal

Paladin Main

Return to Equipment & Loot