[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Chalandria's Fang

Chalandria's Fang

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Chalandria's Fang

Postby knytul » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

No question about it, its WORTH IT. Do the LoN Scenario before it expires, win the fang. It gives you 1 Spiders Bite XV poison (appx 3k base, 6k+ crit) dd poison every 20 hours. Free Dps!
knytul

Paladin Main

Re: Chalandria's Fang

Postby Joejo » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:55 pm

Wife got this the other night, now she's trying to get mine for me, shes a nightowl, me? lol im out like a light when the little ones go to sleep.
Joejo

Paladin Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Peaky » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:52 am

Better use up any you might have saved, like me. I've summoned the poison once a day since the scenario went live; the next patch intends to make all previously summoned poisons (from this item) start to decay (sounds like a Temporary tag, but the message isn't exactly clear on the EQ Test forums). I was hoping to save a bunch to help me explore new content with a bit more ease after the expansion release, and I still will (just for less time).
Peaky

Server: The Tribunal

Paladin Main

Postby Edivor » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:31 pm

decaying = boooo
Edivor

Paladin Main

Postby Arslayn » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:12 pm

If they change it to decay they better be changing the reset timer to something much lower than 20 hours.
Arslayn

Server: Povar

Berserker Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:51 pm

regardless if they do or not, its still a nice tool to get a free 6k+ dd proc'er every raid nite.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:59 pm

So for someone that hasn't played since it first came out, how hard is the scenario? I mean, do I have to become an expert in the game to stand a chance at this, or can a relative Novice eventually make my way through after a few tries?
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Peaky » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:09 pm

Peaky

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:40 pm

Kk, thanks, that makes some sense to me. I'm decent at card games, played magic the gathering quite a bit when I was younger, and its similar enough for me to get the basics.

But that gives me a good idea of which deck to use too, thanks.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby shiftie » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:01 am

beat it with cloudskipper deck.

I forgot what cards did what, and how the overall mechanics of LoN worked. I wouldn't call it difficult by any stretch but it took me a few tries. If you play LoN at all it should be a cake walk for you.

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:56 am

Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:31 am

Did they ever come out with a stand alone LON? Does my account have to be active to play my LON cards is why I am asking. I suspended waiting for the new expac, but would like to have this for my boys when I come back.
Ride free brother.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby kolor » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:48 am

Kolor Kolossus
Holy Defender of Firiona Vie
(Level 85 Paladin of short stature)
kolor

Server: FV

Paladin Main

Postby Peaky » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:31 am

Peaky

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:41 am

I was able to finally beat this last night just using the Cloudskippyer starter deck as was suggested. It did take me a few tries, and I got lucky near the end when it didn't seem like he could find an ability to play at all, but all in all it wasn't that hard.

Then for the hell of it, I went through and did some very short parses with this poison and my procs, just because I was curious to what the results would be. I wouldn't call them perfect parses by any stretch of the imagination due to the short amount of time on each one, but part of that is just due to the 60 proc limit on poisons. I'll post my results in the parse forum for people to comment away on.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby ZsaZsa Vavoom » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:10 pm

ZsaZsa Vavoom of Drinal
85th Level Paladin of The Kindred and Keeper of the Funk
ZsaZsa Vavoom

Server: Drinal

Paladin Main

Postby Peaky » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:15 pm

Peaky

Paladin Main

Postby Abazzagorath » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:29 pm

Abazzagorath

Server: Drinal

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Thebobo » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:32 pm

Great more pillaging of EQ.

they more you spend the more they will sell.

and yes I know its "free."
Last edited by Thebobo on Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thebobo

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Arslayn » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:35 am

HAHAHA We get it bro you dont like the store or the card game they arnt pure EQ, but then again Ive been playing EQ since the beginning, and the game we play now.... it hasnt been pure EQ for a long time.
So write it down we take note that you dont like it and never will, and now you can stop posting how you dont like it and then stop clicking on the threads that have anything to do with it, then youll feel better and be happier :)

As to the topic if that's the case I wont be as mad if its just gonna be changed slightly and those that abused it will be taking a hit I guess.So I shall get on using up the ones I already have and be ready for the new one in the near future.
Arslayn

Server: Povar

Berserker Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Joejo » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:35 am

Tried to use mine this morning, did nothing at all, worked fine yesterday.
NM the countdown fade was no on it but I guess its recast hadnt been met, just tried it and worked fine
Joejo

Paladin Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:55 pm

I wish items with cooldown timers would change color when they're ready. That last sliver of shading is so hard to see.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby WaringMcMarrin » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:40 pm

WaringMcMarrin

Veteran -

Server: The Tribunal(Ayonae Ro)

Shaman Main