[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Underfoot BP ideas for proposal

Underfoot BP ideas for proposal

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Underfoot BP ideas for proposal

Postby knytul » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:22 am

So far from around the grapevine, the rumor is we gettin some crap ass clicky that shoots out a pet and does some dps until it dies to rampage :P So, some ideas to prep for beta?:
knytul

Paladin Main

Re: Underfoot BP ideas for proposal

Postby knytul » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:25 am

A clicky Pet that shoots out to target, tanks the mob for 12 seconds, then AE explosion, and sending all generated agro to us.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Huurgh » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:12 am

I hope it looks like an angel. :roll:

Well lets hope we get pet extension aa too then. Were the only hybrid class without some kind of aa pet.
Yes I am saying that with an eye on the fabled weapon. Even as the raid paladins have moved beyond it, I think there is still a solid amout of the class who use it.

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert A. Heinlein
Huurgh

Server: Antonius Bayle

Magician Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:47 am

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:09 am

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:47 am

why?

"Knytul shoots out a pet from his bp." The pet goes up to mob. Mob rampages. Whoops, pets dead....There goes that click...
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Opfor » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:56 pm

The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry
Opfor

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:59 pm

Pet thing for slightly extra DPS is overdone, and for some reason I see it being linked to every other BP in the game, reducing the effect even further.

Give us a clicky riposte effect, like deflection only we riposte everything for 12-18 seconds. Can use the same timer as everything else, wouldn't care if I have that ability.

I know, i'm reaching, I see that as highly unlikely, but hey I can dream.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:01 pm

rumor around the grapevine is the BP idea that I posted up above isnt exactly what is being put out, that there is ALOT more to the concept. So me, personally, im gonna sit back and wait for Beta and see what happens...
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Wyvernwill » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:12 am

Wyvernwill

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:15 pm

i would say the fact we already know, given that when we pull lots of mobs for xp purposes, most of our dps comes not from regular attacks or even nukes, but from Ripostes. I know during this past weekend i was in groups like: Sham, bard, at least 3 pallies, and a fluff person moochin xp. I was pulling mobs to the other 2 and they were just tearin em up in Riposte slays. Keeping constantly no less than 5 mobs in the area until pulls were too far way, then wed move and pull as far as 3 rooms away. RoI is the same thing. People pull a bunch of mobs and Riposte em down.

A clicky idea like that, would def be OP, and would be a Goldmine.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby shiftie » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:23 pm

it would be equal to shakerpagin'

All it would take is to round up as many undead as humanly possible and then click the disc hell you could use the fabled 2her with the proc also for increased retardedness.
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:29 pm

Well, 1, don't warriors already have this? And 2, yup, damn overpowered. And I'm fully aware of it. But if figure the worst that can come of it is being told no. :lol: Its the jokester in me coming out, like when I see on applications "desired salary" and my instinct is to put down $500,000 a year and 6 months paid vacation.

Alright, so when that idea gets shot down by the devs, what about a click that would change the body-type of the mob temporarily to undead for like 2 minutes, make raid mobs either immune or restrict it like they did manaburn long ago so it can't affect raid targets often/back to back.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Wyvernwill » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:30 am

Wyvernwill

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:10 pm

Shakerpaging was removed, but the disc wasn't as far as I know. And as far as total power, I think it's Druids that can make a mob a plant type and it really really boosts their dps. The rational was stated that since they have all these great abilities, but only works on such a small amount of the total mobs, this would give them greater chances at better dps. Sound familiar to anything we go through?

Except of course they can do it to every mob in the game. Putting it on a end-game reward if a bp would probably keep it quite a bit weaker for years to come. And to make sure it doesn't become the ultate twink item in three years when nearly all guilds could handle it, they could level cap the effect.

Meh. Just ranting ideas. Would like something I could find more useful if I have to fight to the end of eq for it.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby kargren » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:32 pm

One that would be very interesting is a MGB DA 50'AE for 1 second duration that hits everyone except those who block the spell. Its not long enough to really be used to train entire raids through area's or to make content trivial. but it does open some very fun things you could do if you got creative.
kargren

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Daldaen » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:32 pm

Daldaen

Server: Xegony

Druid Main
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:15 am

Or AE clicky stun, I could find a good use for that.
Normy

Paladin Main

Return to Equipment & Loot