[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Gearing up, some advice

Gearing up, some advice

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Gearing up, some advice

Postby Khael » Mon May 17, 2010 7:17 am

Me and a friend just recently reactivated after a rather long hiatus (beginning of SoF for me, even longer for my friend). We were sorta discussing where to go for some fun (boxed) group content. I'll be playing level 80s // and my friend will be playing 76RNG/72ENC and a newly leveled WIZ.

We're obviously aiming to level up his chars first of all, but it would be nice to get a chance at some basic gear or augs while doing so. Any hints or help would be appreciated! We were going to start with DoD missions for the mask clicky (and some gear obviously) as soon as the WIZ catches up in levels. I think it's 65 or 70 to be able to join the missions right?
"Hike. Hikeba inochi wa tasukeru... hikaneba."
Khael

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Re: Gearing up, some advice

Postby Peaky » Mon May 17, 2010 8:27 am

You can do some/all of the DoD missions in the mid to high 50s, at the latest; the missions are dynamic in that the average level of your group determines the difficulty of the task. That said, I can't recall if DoD is a 15 or 10 level range expansion; that is to say the highest and lowest characters in the group can't exceed either 15 or 10 levels apart.

Beyond DoD, and not knowing what your gear level is for the pally/ranger, I'd recommend looking at working on themed/arc rewards from TBS/SoF/SoD.

Here are some of the items I'm talking about, listed from what I expect would be easiest on up to the toughest to complete:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/ques ... quest=4188

http://home.comcast.net/~mathadon/Guide ... Crest.html

http://home.comcast.net/~mathadon/Guide ... Blood.html

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=72286

http://home.comcast.net/~mathadon/Guides/SoF/Triad.html

There are other themed quests in the expansions, but those are the ones that will benefit everyone in your group I suspect.

Alternatively, there hasn't been formal mention of it, so it may not happen, but: temporary zone revamps are expected by many this summer (as they have appeared in the past) - good gear for just about every slot and some nice augs, so keep an eye out for that announcement (Blackburrow, Lower Guk, Unrest and Cazic Thule were the previous submissions).
Peaky

Server: The Tribunal

Paladin Main

Postby Khael » Mon May 17, 2010 11:10 am

Yeah, I was of course talking about his low-level wizard being grouped with my lvl 80s when doing those DoD tasks/missions. I seem to recall we did it with 65s in the group in the past, but it was a long time ago so I can't be sure. Might've been 70s. And I did provide magelo links to my 3box crew, they should be relatively up-to-date (not sure on the cleric) :)

Thanks for the hints on the mission arcs though! Already considered doing dagmire and oculus, but I didn't know about the others as they're new. Will have to look into those.
Khael

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Peaky » Mon May 17, 2010 4:34 pm

Two avenues I completely forgot to mention are the Old Man McKenzie monster missions and the Boomerang Brawl. I don't know if you've run across those, or if they are content you'd even enjoy, but they can help flesh out an awful lot of your gear. I don't do the monster missions, and I haven't done the boomerang event since I got the requisite number of gold tokens to buy the Rune4 augment. I do find the boomerang event to be quite entertaining (and much of the gear you can purchase is bought with tradeable silver tokens), but it requires UF and you didn't mention whether or not your reactivation included the upgrade to Underfoot.
Peaky

Server: The Tribunal

Paladin Main

Postby Khael » Tue May 18, 2010 4:12 am

Ran across the Old Man MM's in some other place, heard it was a nice way to boost exp daily (complete all 3, pop your LotD and accept exp. rewards, then grind away your LotD in some decent exp spot).

Don't have SoD nor UF on any of the accounts yet, but I reckon it's just a matter of time until we upgrade. I'll check out that Boomerang thing, sounds like fun!
Khael

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Return to Equipment & Loot