[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Symbol of the Planesmaster rarity

Symbol of the Planesmaster rarity

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Symbol of the Planesmaster rarity

Postby Normy » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:18 pm

Ok, I'm curious to know if anyone else has been looking for a Symbol of the Planesmaster clicky from PoTime lately. I've been looking for it for the last year, and while I do go long stretches of time between runs sometimes, I've put down Saryn about 35 times and I've not gotten a single one to drop for me. Did they change the mob or something stupid that I should know about? This is getting quite annoying because I can't even solo it, I run out of time on phase 1 by myself, so I have to drag my brother with me each time and I know he's getting tired of the zone.

So I know most of the paladins probably have had this forever already, but has anyone else noticed a similar lacking that I have? My biggest fear is that it was stealth removed and I've been wasting my time. Was it changed to a different target or anything? I've generally only killed Saryn and Terris while I'm there, but once past the first few phases I would gladly wipe out the whole zone if it increases my odds here.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Re: Symbol of the Planesmaster rarity

Postby Brohg » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:21 pm

Still on Saryrn's loot table, you're just unlucky. You could try camping Diabo Xi Xin as well, if Vex Thal isn't cleared by others. The proc isn't as high damage, but it has the crucial stun for triggering your AA. DPS is hardly the point of Symbol of the Planemasters anyhow.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Xanderax » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:17 pm

I went the orb of sky route from vex thall. The only bummer is the cast time and the duration of the buff. I am not sure if the symbol of the planesmaster has a longer buff duration. That would make it worth it in my book.

Xanderax
Xanderax

Server: Drinal

Postby Brohg » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:39 pm

it does not
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:30 pm

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to check it out. And yea, DPS does not matter on the proc. It would be a laughable amount of DPS, small enough that I doubt it would show up at all on any parses shorter than a few hours.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Tuathadendannan » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:37 pm

it's a tradeoff you cant have a proc spell up and symbol up at the same time, which leads me to ask is it worth keeping up nowaday when mobs hit for 10k and just go for the added dps?
Tuathadendannan

Postby shiftie » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:49 pm

both are minimal dps like 71 vs 30 IF that so the extra group heals make it less craptastic...

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby riou » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:17 pm

riou

Server: The Rathe

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby riou » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:15 am

riou

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:36 am

My parses have averaged my devout fury line rk 3 as being in the range of 55DPS. I don't have the twin proc lines or the increased damage lines, but based on what has been posted here that really doesn't increase it by much at all. So in the end, am I willing to lose 55 DPS for group heal procs occasionally? Usually yes, although on the most extreme end of DPS (such as ours is), I would still use Devout Fury if I need to max my DPS.

On a side note, does the heal proc have normal heal agro on it? I know it has some agro on it because that was an issue with pullers after we first got the ability, we could train the group if we accidentally healed the puller by stunning a mob at the camp we were at. Or does it act like other abilities, where it's like 1 hate or something really small no matter what?
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby riou » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:42 am

riou

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:34 pm

Yea, I didn't think it was normal heal agro, although that would be a really neat trick if it were!
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Torriadore » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:01 am

Dropped on my first Saryrn kill in a long time the other week, was only there helping a shaman try for a TA however.
Torriadore

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:27 pm

Yea, its just my luck or something. And its funny you mention the TA, I've seen 8 of them rott now. I'm only keeping track because I had a shammy buddy back before the AA of it came out that spent months trying to get a TA, before it was so easy to solo. He never did get one, but with the AA he didn't care. I link him each one I get now, lol. Got number 8 two days ago when I cleared it again.

Would be nice if they would put the old instanced raid content on a shorter timer, its not like anyone is going in for gear anymore with what falls off easy trash in the game being vastly superior.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Burkx » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:54 pm

Does it also have a nasty knockback? Makes it kinda worthless on raids if it does.....
Burkx

Paladin Main
Wizard - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:01 pm

it has no kb
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby riou » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:16 pm

riou

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:10 am

1 unit you could barely observe based on the proc rate
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:55 am

38 clears and counting.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Bonzz » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:05 pm

I am not sure why this clicky is attractive, as it looses effectiveness for spells over Level 67?
The truth is out there! The truth hurts! But the truth will set you free! All hail the Freeport Knights of Truth, servants of Mithaniel Marr the Truthbringer!

Bonzz of Bertoxx

http://www.bonzz.com/bonzz.htm
Bonzz

Server: Bertoxx

Paladin Main

Postby riou » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:50 pm

The Proc on it also Procs AA Healing Light, the focus that goes to 67 is meaningless :P. The other thing is it's not that much of a dps loss over the self buff proc, the gains in procing Healing Light are much greater then the loss in dps, especially since we gain even more ranks of Healing Light in HoT and so far 0 ranks in the dmg boost on self buff proc.
riou

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:29 pm

Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:31 pm

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:54 pm

Clear number 40, finally got it. Damn this was annoying. But after putting so much time into it, I just couldn't walk away, lol.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:11 am

wu grats Normy
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:45 pm

Now its time to go slay the dragon!
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:46 am

Yea, one more clicky down, now I need to figure out how I'm going to solo Jelvan in CoA to get my BP from there. /sigh.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Silverboltt » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:10 pm

Grats on the Planemaster Normy. Sadly, Jelvan can't drop the item for the CoA BP. It only comes off AMV or OMM
Silverboltt

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:39 pm

I know, but I'm fairly sure I can solo the other mobs. I've put down keldvan before, Ture was a breeze, warden hanvar will be an exercise in patience, but I expect no troubles. AMV should be beatable, although I'm not sure if the adds will overwhelm me. So Jelvan is the only real blocker, and the only event I can't imagine doing with just one group.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Brohg » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:51 am

I 1 group through AMV np; every couple weeks someone comes up with a bullshit reason to do it. Usually have two groups for OMM, just for dps' sake.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby joks » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:06 am

With modern resists and hp/ac, you can easily tank all 3 Jelvan mobs, as long as you have some half-way decent rampage tank. We usually just burn them one at a time. (Assuming it's one group and not a solo mission)
- Power Paladin
- Singing Sidekick
- an Everquest guild on Antonius Bayle
joks

Server: Antonius Bayle

Postby Luthair » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:55 pm

Luthair

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:33 pm

you don't have to click at all if you dispell him
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:56 am

dispelling him will stop him from going high DPS spikes? Do you have to dispel him in place of clicking, or once and good for the event? I'm curious because I'm going in tomorrow night and would prefer to not have to worry about clicks on the OMM fight if I don't have to.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby riou » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:08 pm

riou

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby boukk » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:52 am

Even with his powerup he s not that much of a threat anymore.
boukk

Postby shiftie » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:34 am

reference this for pics

OMM has been done solo by a SK
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby boukk » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:05 pm

MC s op'd ;p
boukk

Postby Normy » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:21 am

Ok, did CoA last night, my magelo is linked under where my avatar would be, so feel free to check out the gear I'm using to gauge my overall strength.

Keldvan was a joke of course. I've soloed this event before, it just takes a long time. We ignored the pit mobs, we had like 10 people in the zone for it so way overkill. I tanked, the mob maintained about 800 dps on me. I had a cleric bot that I occasionally cast CH with. Not chain, it wasn't worth it.

Ture was a bigger joke. I occasionally cured myself out of boredom, but this remains the most easily soloed mob in this zone. His DPS on me was a pathetic 600. I ignored my cleric bot, it was more hassle to tab over to him.

Hanvar was another joke, easily soloable. I wasn't tanking him, but I know his DPS is even worse than Ture's, and his adds don't hit either. They seemed easier than zone trash. 20 minute fight out of necessity.

Jelvan wasn't that bad, but I know I would have struggled to do it solo. The mobs hit for gimp amounts, and sure as people indicated here, very few AE's actually hit. The few that did were easily cured. And they had alot more HP than I figured they would. I think the length of a solo fight might be what does me in on this event. With a few this is a breeze though. We ended up with 4 paladins with us, so three of us just snagged one each, tanked all in the same small room.

AMV was easily soloable. His adds are super gimp and helpfully run to you. Solo they would only extend the fight a little, not much of a threat.

Now OMM, that part I have a little trouble with, but being solo the SK in that thread did mention that he didn't have many DPS spikes to worry about. We didn't click, just ignored. I attempted to dispel him. It worked about half the time, but that's because I was bouncing between two characters and wasn't paying close attention. I died a few times, but it's because I ate a death touch once, and on a DPS spike when I was windowed out on the other. It was annoyingly long, and we had to deal with the stupid big adds the whole time. I thought I remembered them being able to be killed and be gone for 5 minutes, but they definitely insta-respawn now.

I still struggle to understand how it was beat solo. This mob still has a surprisingly decent amount of HP for the expansion it's in. And the silence effect was still able to hit me with some regularity, which I imagine would prevent some clicks as well. Those are the times where death was a real possibility (silenced and about to DPS spike.) On top of that, OMM started regenning rather quickly after we got ported out, like we ran straight back up there and by the time I got there, he was at 40, up from the 20 we had him at when he ported us.

Either way, I'm a proud owner of the raid piece I needed, camping the candles now.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby shiftie » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:01 pm

warden poses a problem to paladins in the form of hp regen I haven't tried in a while but during SoD his regen > our dps output

amv if the adds don't run to you (like they didn't the one time i tried to solo him) they power up and destroy and i've never been tempted to go back.

I'm tempted to try OMM the sk clicked mask and from what i remember OMM hp /hp regen would make this fight last forever as a paladin

I'm working on something else right now in the solo front so I'll get back to that sometime soon.

grats on your bp
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Next

Return to Equipment & Loot