[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - 75 Pally Weapon

75 Pally Weapon

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

75 Pally Weapon

Postby Bigc » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:50 am

I have just started a paladin and im currently lvl 71. Im going to get to 75 and stop to finish out the useful AA. Its going to be awhile till i decide to lvl again so im lookin for a good weapon choice for lvl 75. I coupld use the Epic i suppose but i figured their might be a Fabled 2hander i could get or an easy 6man raid i could do. Any ideas??
Bigc

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Paladin - Alt/Box

Re: 75 Pally Weapon

Postby Lucidan » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:18 am

You aren't going to be able to get a fabled weapon until next year march/april unless you are on fv, 2.0 is better than anything up to ashengate/frostcrypt level in terms of dam/del and slightly better than that if you can get a decent set of damage augs. Frostcrypt should be groupable at 85-90 in group gear and you should be able to get people together for the augs, I think ashengate is still broken. Getting the 2.0 done is probably easier to do then those raid instances though, its just kind of grindy compared to some other 2.0s and getting peeps together for the raid instance is a pita.
Lucidan

Paladin Main

Postby Huurgh » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:30 pm

The whip weapon from Bloody Kithocor. 1HS.

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert A. Heinlein
Huurgh

Server: Antonius Bayle

Magician Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Silverboltt » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:37 pm

If you're looking for a two-hander, your primary concern is ratio. Off the top of my head I can think of a few you should check out, I might miss some but it's a starting point:

At 102/40, paladin 2.0 is going to be slightly better than most other non-raid weapons available at 75. If you don't want to go through the grind though:

Try to get your hands on an Unrest Battle Blade or a Lost Thulian Crusaders Greatsword. These are seasonal in that they're only available certain times of the year, but they are sell-able in the bazaar so you might find on that's not outrageously priced. There's also Darkened Mithril Two-Handed Sword and Blackburrow Claymore, which I BELIEVE have worse ratios than the other two.

It's doubtful that you'll still be 75 during the next Fabled season, but Fabled Spear of Fire I think has a higher ratio than 2.0 and the proc is decent addition to DPS.

If you've got some friends, there's a few raid weapons that might be one groupable these days:

Sundering Sword of The Fallen Hero (I know this is one groupable)
Valik's Partisan of Pain
Erilynne, The Master's Mistress (I haven't heard of anyone one grouping MM, doesn't mean it hasn't been or can't be done, I just haven't heard of it.)
I don't think anything from Solteris or FC/AG is one groupable, could be wrong though.

That should get you started.
Silverboltt

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:45 pm

Even if MM is groupable at this point, the zone is a pain in the arse and requires alot of clearing. Combine that with having to do 7 events before getting to MM, one of them being Performer (emote heavy, annoying event), I would much much rather grind out the 2.0 over a raid in Demi. If you are going that far, you might as well get the 2.0 and get the 2.5 aug for it.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Bigc » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:44 pm

ok it looks like the 2.0 is the way to go for a while. i am currently using the 2hs from Anguish which isnt that bad. im just now getting into the whole Pally thing so im full of questions lol. I just read a post about swarm killing in The Hole which i tried today. Works pretty well as long as i dont pull too many. Im wearing Elab Defiant gear and a few Anguish drops so i can still get eaten. I dont have the 200k to buy me a set of the Lost Rubicite gear =( So around lvl 75-80....where is the next undead pally honey hole? Im finding it kinda hard to find some good undead places.
Bigc

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby varutia » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:06 pm

It is pretty much Hole, then RoI, the latter is a little hard at 75 and more suited for 80 to 85 crowd in my view for most efficient swarming.

There are a couple of other places like Veksar probably ok from 70 to 75 as well, then you have Nest, I spend significant time there. It is however probably better off move directly into RoI rather doing Nest. The options just narrows down a lot as you level, there really isn't that many place for Paladins to go and burn solo lessons.
varutia

Server: Bertoxxulous

Paladin Main

Postby Lucidan » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:48 pm

Arcstone undead should be good xp for a 72-80ish pally I think (its a hotzone too :D ), cod will be good up to 77 or so and undead murks in wos are decent too though they aren't very plentiful, all 3 of those zones are alot easier than roi at that level, I'd stick to them and try roi at 80 or at least post 78.
Lucidan

Paladin Main

Postby Bigc » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:53 pm

Hmm i will have to check some of those zones out. appreciate it guys. i have never done anything in The Nest that i can remember....should be fun to try =D
Bigc

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:37 pm

WIKI!!!

1H weapons (updated through Underfoot) http://samanna.net/wiki/index.php/One_H ... in_Weapons

2H weapons (not completely updated) http://samanna.net/wiki/index.php/Two_H ... in_Weapons
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Return to Equipment & Loot