[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Staff of the Hamahiru question

Staff of the Hamahiru question

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Staff of the Hamahiru question

Postby Zanador » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:45 am

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=106761
You do not generate aoe hate off the proc no matter what the ppm is on it because it's a recourse heal not a direct heal correct? There is a small dd that then procs the recourse that is the group heal part of it thus preventing it from generating mass loads of ae aggro just like the procs on Hopebringer and BoFS are recourses not direct heals. I am asking this because I had an app tonight cuss me out saying it was sick aoe aggro when to my knowledge and the general consensus is it isn't.
Zanador

Server: rathe

Re: Staff of the Hamahiru question

Postby Normy » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:45 am

I can't see the link from where I am at work, however if the spell procs anything that decreases hp by 1 or 2, that is all the agro he is getting from it since recourse heal is basically no agro. That's one of the reasons why the cleric line promised renewal can be nice, because no matter what it heals for, the cleric won't pull agro with it.

So while I'm not quite positive because I can't see the link, I'm going to take an educated guess and tell you your app is full of it. I don't remember BoFF being massive AE agro, it was a recourse heal there too I think.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby penodor » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:56 pm

I have a Ham staff and after some extensive testing of it trying to keep aggro off of healer mercs i can say it does generate prettygood ae aggro compared to say a rune procer .................... However i would also like to add that there is not a massive difference as far as i could see but the aggro is there for sure. also it doesnt heal for 1 or 2 points iver got the procs on it upto 500 or so.
penodor

Postby Normy » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:59 pm

I didn't suggest it would heal for 1 or 2, sorry if it came off like that. On most recourse heals, they put a proc that does 1 point of damage to your target, then that spell procs a recourse heal. Thats why recourse heals provide so little agro, the heal itself might be assigned to nothingness like DS damage is.

I don't know enough about it to say for sure if you are getting 0 agro for the heal, but I just can't believe we would get full heal agro off a weapon proc like that.

Could test it with this: Have a paladin use a known agro ability, like force of disruption, on any target in a low level zone and turn away from it to avoid doing damage to it. Have the second paladin pull mobs next to him and kill them with the weapon, and count the number of procs before the first mob finally turns on the second paladin.
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Return to Equipment & Loot