[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - 2h augs for DPS

2h augs for DPS

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

2h augs for DPS

Postby Nightops » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:07 pm

I just wanted to ask around to see which 2hd augs people have been using for dps.

+13 Damage - Unbreakable Sandstone from Redmur the Dreamlancer in Morell’s Castle

or

+6 Damage +360dd proc - Plaugebone's Sigil from Plaguebone Overlord in Al'Kabor’s Nightmare
****I didnt see an an aug with a proc from T4 HoT, please list if you know of one.

Basically, its +7damage vs 360dd proc.

If anyone has ran, or could run a parse for this, could you please post it. It could be just a simple parse of one vs two over a short duration (5-10mins). I'm not picky with figuring out DPS values when using pureforge, VR, 2nd spire, or any other abilities. I've been using the T4 HoT group 2h from MC (Ianthine Holy Sword) but don't care if the parse has been done using a raid weapon. Again, I realize all of the things I have just listed are going to lessen the accuracy of the parse, but remember, I'm just looking for a simple parse and not asking someone to spend hours on this.
Nightops

Server: Luclin

Re: 2h augs for DPS

Postby Ughbash » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:15 pm

Not a paladin.... but from a monk standpoint not even close, take the extra damage every time, ignore the procs.
Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Nightops » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:49 pm

It might be closer then one might think when comparing damage vs proc on a knight 2h, esp since it would mean swinging a 204 damage weap or a 211 damage weapon. That damage amount is relatively close while proc rates are better on 2h when compared to 1h. Even with 211 damage, I consistantly see hits below 1k damage even with 5.3kaa while 360dd can add up to a lot of damage rather quickly when factoring AAs.
Nightops

Server: Luclin

Postby Wyvernwill » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:17 pm

Prior to new additions like Valorous Rage and Pureforge, which boost our base melee, I 'might' have considered it. When you factor in the addition of RI becoming proc based, and a lower swing rate (generally) on two handers... chances are that you will lose dps in the long run with the +1 proc. To be honest, if they offered a generic 1/2handers without procs, I would probably pick them up, even if they were only +1 dmg, just to make things like IJ/RI more effective in burn situations.

Yes, the dd proc can twin proc (low rate though), and it can crit, however it's my belief that the additional proc competition, mobs that are resistant to magic, and so forth, pure damage is better overall.
Wyvernwill

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:25 pm

IMHO the only classes that should ever use a proc over pure damage is SK with lifetap procs and warriors for AGGRO.

That however is just opinion and not parsed fact.
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Shillingworth » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:21 am

I tend to stay away from proc augs because we already have some really powerful ones I'd rather avoid hindering in any way. Lifetaps are nice since our healing abilities work just as well on them as they do a healing spell, but really only useful in a 1H weapon since that's what we'll be using when damage intake is enough to worry. Outside of RI and IJ we also have Blessing of Life, Healing Light, and our defensive heal procs which yield a considerable amount of healing for us, for damage we have Earnest Fury and an AA that makes it more powerful than the best pal usable damage proc augs I've seen so far.
Even in darkness, there is light.
Shillingworth

Server: Bertoxxulous

Paladin Main

Postby varutia » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:40 am

Pretty sure plus 7 damage will easily outdo a 360 proc, at least double, possibly triple the dps not even taken into consideration of the resist. Under a burn situation, it favors the plus damage aug even more.
varutia

Server: Bertoxxulous

Paladin Main

Postby Brohg » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:09 pm

For a long time, years in fact, classes with generally lagging melee abilities and no discs but full ranks of Spell Casting Fury were better off with procs. Specifically I mean paladins & shadowknights & bards & beastlords were all better off with high procs. That's changed a lot as those classes' melee basics have been evened up a ton with attackers via AA and skill caps, such that it's not the case any more. If augs like these two had existed back in, say, Depths of Darkhollow times, there'd definitely be something to investigate. Now, not so much. Take the +dmg aug.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:20 am

+ dmg all the way

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main