[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Rune Augs

Rune Augs

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Rune Augs

Postby furum » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:58 pm

Question for the Vets--

How do Rune augs contribute to aggro? I don't see any aggro points in the spell data.

Are Rune augs still the way to go for tanking?

Thanks!
furum

Paladin Main

Re: Rune Augs

Postby Dole » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:09 pm

Rune augs are suppose to have and AE agro component to them, but I believe Dmg augs are the way to go on all weapons.
Dole

Postby Wyvernwill » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:44 am

Runes generate agro equal to their absorbtion total, hate mods I believe, will adjust that hate as well.

The "AE hate" component of rune procs is caused by the fact that it's a self buff.

As for "DMG augs are the way to go on all weapons"... No. You are a tank class primarily, survival and mitigation are your primary concerns. Pure damage augs, above all things, are about one of the stupidest things a Knight can put in their sword and board combo. If you're geared to the point fights are trivial... you should be using a two hander (set with dmg augs) instead of sword and board to increase your dps.
Wyvernwill

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby boukk » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:51 pm

Question of playstyle and choices.

None of the option will make a huge difference.

Personally i just got for AC/hp, but i can understand people using dmg aug to fit their play style.
boukk

Postby shiftie » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:24 pm

Two birds 1 stone :)

personally I use an ac/hp aug parsing the diff in mitigation in a rune proc vs ac aug is virtually impossible, but the raw ac is useful in all situations so that's what I go with.

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby varutia » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:40 pm

Each point of rune gives two points of aggro, so a 450 rune equal to a 900 point ae aggro. Rune is pretty nifty for tanking, particularly if you have trouble holding aggro, the double rune proc will help.

Damage aug is ok in solo swarming situation, that being said, switching aug in and out just for swarming isn't my cup of tea, that pretty much get ignored.
varutia

Server: Bertoxxulous

Paladin Main

Postby Hammerdahl » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:17 pm

Shiftie, what AC aug do you use in primary? BiC?
Hammerdahl

Paladin Main

Postby shiftie » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:10 pm

shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Aragir Lancot » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:30 am

For non-raid paladins, do you recommend Rune Augments or lifetap augments? The lifetaps seem easier to acquire, but the rune augments... they have a longer useful lifespan?

I don't think I have any rune augments at all. I know I have a couple of lifetap augments. They seem to work fine against group content, where resists aren't usually that much of an issue. I don't think I'll be raid tanking anytime soon, so the DPS factor isn't any issue. Do lifetaps still heal if they're resisted (I assume not...)?
Aragir Lancot

Postby Brohg » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:03 pm

Lifetap augs have roughly the same value vis-a-vis keeping you alive, but aren't nearly as good as runes for tanking due to agro. Runing is 2*rune agro, and it adds to every mob who knows about you. Lifetapping adds only the nuke value at 1*, and only to the mob it hits. And you're correct that lifetaps don't heal if resisted.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Aragir Lancot » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:01 am

The only rune augment I was able to find was the Jade of the Aether from Sverag. Are there others?

EDIT: I should say, the only rune augment I could find from non-VoA content, that I could conceivably acquire... etc
Aragir Lancot

Postby varutia » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:08 am

There is one off the merchant in brell's rest which cost gold tokens, this is the one I am using.
varutia

Server: Bertoxxulous

Paladin Main

Return to Equipment & Loot