[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Anguish Breastplate ?

Anguish Breastplate ?

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Anguish Breastplate ?

Postby Remdayen » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:59 pm

So is the Anguish Breastplate still useful ? Picked one up finally the other day helping out on some epic orbs.
Remdayen
Paladin of Circle of Prophets
Remdayen

Server: Fennino Ro

Paladin Main

Re: Anguish Breastplate ?

Postby Thessiuss » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:25 pm

I still use it.

IIRC it scaled to around 3-4% of your HP. I haven't checked parses/logs since HP inflated insanely but it was around there.
Thessiuss

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby joks » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:01 pm

There's a cap of 1000 per proc - with heal aa's, I guess that's in the 1400s now. It's especially good for old stuff, which is too low-level for the preservation of oseka spell line to work. And I like that there's no max amount of hits on it.
- Power Paladin
- Singing Sidekick
- an Everquest guild on Antonius Bayle
joks

Server: Antonius Bayle

Postby Remdayen » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:07 am

Thanks for the information there, I also noticed its on a different timer than the other breastplates which is a nice bonus.
Remdayen

Server: Fennino Ro

Paladin Main

Postby Cellan » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:07 am

Remember that healing boosts affect this heal even when it's capped. Aura, epic, Armor of the Inquisitor, First Spire .... You can still get it to proc extraordinary heals by stacking it.

I personally use my epic with anguish BP since they are on the same timer. if I feel I need more from it, I use armor and/or spire on top of that. No complaints at all.
Cellan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Aragir Lancot » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:02 am

Couple questions:

- Does the Qvic BP have the same effect as the "Anguish" BP?
- Which one is easier to get?
- Is this worth doing for anyone who has a gold account today? (instinct tells me yes)
Aragir Lancot

Postby Brohg » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:38 pm

-No, not even close.
-Qvic(really Txevu), but that's because it's shit by comparison.
-yes? "worth doing" is awfully subjective, and pretty nebulous overall as regards a fun-time activity :P

CoA BP is a bit of a project. If you're short on regular gear/augs, AAs or flags, doing those things will gain you more overall power per hour invested. This, though, is something a paladin can do basically solo (assuming lv90+ & a bunch of AA, but will be worlds easier/more fun with compatriots) to advance when other things have been checked off or are out of reach.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Aragir Lancot » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:01 am

huh. I don't know what I was looking at that made me think the Qvic BP had the same effect as the Anguish BP. That was pretty dumb of me.

I regard the Anguish BP as a useful tool to have, and if its something I can do with a group, I'll probably try to get it, just to have for my "bag of tricks." Ranks up there with finishing off all the MPG trials (1 left to do) and getting the Vish raid done.
Aragir Lancot

Postby Brohg » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:51 pm

Is level 84 () accurate? you can absolutely group through Arch Magus Vangl who has a chance of dropping the bp quest item, but Overlord Mata Muram who's guaranteed to drop the bp quest item may yet challenge a group at that level if thin on AA.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:17 pm

You guys are missing an extremely critical point when talking about the anguish bp. There is a group version (though it is less potent in duration and goes to the song buff window).

You can do it and it should hold you over until you are capable of taking out anguish if you don't want to rush through it.

There are two mobs that drop the bit The Ruined City of Dranik - and Wall of Slaughter -

The item you are looking for is the Dragorn Elder Scepter which is used in to make

This is at least an option if you can't take out anguish mobs

good luck

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Aragir Lancot » Mon May 14, 2012 9:10 am

I got the Elder Dragorn Sceptre off of Tiorpat Tornwing this morning. He was a tedious, but not challenging, fight. The hardest part was figuring out how to make him targetable. 3 shorn murkglider tentacles from now, I'll be able to use the Oathbound Breastplate in a pinch.

Obviously, the CoA BP will be an upgrade from that, and something I'll want to invest time into, but this was something I could do fairly easily that would increase my tanking quickly. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Shiftee. Now I just need you to come back and solo Vishimtar one more time!
Aragir Lancot

Return to Equipment & Loot