[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - RAIDING spell list

RAIDING spell list

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

RAIDING spell list

Postby Kneesmasher » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:27 pm

With the discussion about Challenge and a couple of people saying they can't replace anything on their current list, it made me wonder just what the RAIDERS are running for their spell list. I'm not interested in what you carry for grouping and XPing, but if you raid, I'd like to know what you use. Just for reference we are working on Sullon Zek and Mayong ATM.

Now granted, depending on the raid I have to change up things from time to time, but for the most part, this is what I run.

DA
Sacred Cleansing
Wave of Forgiveness
Wave of Piety
Burst of Sunlight
Challenge
Ancient Jeron
Lesson of Penitence (also RGC, Root, Crusader's Purity or BSG...and even Protector when buffing myself)
Force of Piety

I'll admit I should probably switch out the Sacred Cleansing. I don't seem to use it that much but it's good for topping off my Shaman when he's canniing or touching up a wizard and such. The rest of them I use regularly. DA you either have to keep memmed or just don't use it, due to the long refresh. I choose to keep it memmed so when I need it, it's there. I know most probably don't mem Penitence, but I have this thing about proper positioning so I push mobs where they need to be...out of walls, into corners, down a hallway, off a ledge, away from a ledge, that sort of thing. It's just a quirk of mine and the AA ablity (whatever the new one is) just doesn't have enough push for my taste.

Depending on the raid, I swap out Penitence for RGC or Root or Crusader's Purity, whatever I need. This is also the one I switch out when I cast BSG. Otherwise, this is it 95% of the time.
Kneesmasher

Postby thurvok » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:41 pm

I see soo many Pallies post DA as one of there MUST have raid spells... I just have never been called to have to use it... I know the reason is that since it takes 15 min for the spell gem to light up.. it is best to have it ready just in case.. BUT we have necros/rogues/monks/bards/SHD's in our raid.. What does DA do for you that one of those classes can not.. and on what % of raid does having DA make a BIG difference.. It just ssems to me that 95%+ of the time that gem slot will be wasted.. and even for the 5% where it would be used some other class in the raid could to the task as well if not better..

The one time I HAVE used DA is for the mission Samples of Corruption to get to the instanse in 1 piece, but thats a group activity..
thurvok

Server: Povar

Postby Wyvernwill » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:32 pm

Wyvernwill

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Anngelus » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:54 pm

Anngelus

Server: Bristlebane

Postby Ashramm Damodred » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:06 pm

Lord Ashremx<br>Crusader<br>Zek<br>Ascending Dawn<br><A href="http://eq.magelo.com/profile/58420"><FONT color=#009999>My Gear</FONT></A>
Ashramm Damodred

Postby Nyterose » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:20 pm

Nyterose Bre'ciliande
Appotus Dominus of Maelin
Nyterose

Server: Maelin

Paladin Main

Postby dindaur » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:38 pm

Lord Dindaur Stoutbrew
dindaur

Server: the nameless

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Brokkson » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:17 am

Brokkson *hugs* McDorf
Brokkson

Server: Nameless

Postby Silmare » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:26 pm

Silmare

Postby iron299wind » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:41 pm

iron299wind

Postby Dray » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:58 pm

Township Rebellion - Luclin
Dray

Postby Ghirador » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:23 pm

Ghirador <Final Empire>
Povar
Ghirador

Postby Bruennor » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:56 am

I go with a set up like this

Gleaming Light
Sunlight
Wave of Forgiveness
Wave of Piety
this slot is for aura, weapon proc, HoT, WoT, and a cure if 2 are needed
Brells, and a cure slot if needed
Ancient Force of Jeron
Sacred Force
Force of Akera

I keep two group heals up because I have the omens tier 2 bp, so Piety is much more efficient for me to use for normal group healing, and I use Forgiveness for a big bang if needed, usually to compliment Piety if needed. On most raids I am a tank/healer. I may be required to tank, but most of the time I am also required to group heal while tanking, and fast heal is just a given. I like using gleaming light to top off some people, or to hit people who are out of sunlights range.

As for DA, I am in the same boat as I just don't mem it anymore, save for Vish. Don't need it for any other fight I have seen. If a mob snares me when I am tagging for ramp, I use purification, other than that, don't need da.
Bruennor

Postby Kneesmasher » Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:43 pm

Kneesmasher

Postby Bruennor » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:39 pm

Bruennor

Return to Spells & Abilities