[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Tribute Question: Fury of Combat

Tribute Question: Fury of Combat

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Tribute Question: Fury of Combat

Postby petain » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:14 pm

I'm a bit confuse about the tribute ability "Fury of Combat" and can't seem to find an answer to. My questions are:

1. Does this ability applicable to paladin or warrior only ?
2. Does this ability allow me have higher chance of double attack, or crit ?
3. Does this ability (level 3) stack with or replace Ferocity III or Cleave III ?

I'm hesistate to spend the pp on an aug with Ferocity 3 or Cleave 3 only to find out that "Fury of Combat" tribute would replace either of them. Thanks in advance for your help.
petain

Paladin Main

Re: Tribute Question: Fury of Combat

Postby Khael » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:25 pm

This is a bit of a guess, as I've never used Tribute stuff much; but last I recall, tribute counts as "worn" effects, so it wouldn't stack with Cleave / Ferocity. Whether it replaces it or not depends on how good it is (can't find any numbers on Fury of Combat - Cleave 3 is 20%, and Fero 3 is 9%, I think). Unless it says that it's pal/war only, or other classes can't choose it, I see no reason why it should be pal/war only.
"Hike. Hikeba inochi wa tasukeru... hikaneba."
Khael

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Finhorn » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:15 am

it just gives you the ability to Flurry.
Which is a fast round attack of 4(i think) hits.
Finhorn

Server: Antonius Bayle

Paladin Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Khael » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:01 am

Ah, then it shouldn't have any effect on cleave/ferocity at all.
Khael

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby petain » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:25 am

Here are some information I gathered by asking peeps on my server regarding Flurry.

1. Flurry is an ability that all dual wield classes get.
2. Flurry gives % chance for additional attacks off the primary hand, up to 4 attacks, AND % chance to crit with each additional attack. Thus, you will have chance to perform double, triple or quad attacks and chance to crit with each attack.

If the above info is correct, it is obvious that "Fury of Combat" from tribute master is a back door for paladin to gain Flurry ability; thus increasing chances for slay undead. I'm still not sure if it will stack/higher override with Ferocity or Cleave, however.

Could someone, with some spare time, please parse "Fury of Combat" level 1, 2, 3 from the tribute master and see if:

1. It will work for paladin and
2. stack/override with ferocity/cleave ?

Thanks
petain

Paladin Main

Postby Finori » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:03 pm

Finori

Postby Luthair » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:52 pm

I used the AA a month or so ago for a few weeks, flurries were extremely rare while using it and its very expensive (more than AC+HP combined). I believe I could count the number of times it would fire in an evening without resorting to toes.

If I remember the mechanics correctly, flurries only trigger from triple attack rounds so its possible someone who has maxed Burst of Power might see better results. A higher level of ferocity may help as well, though I'm not sure on that one.
Luthair

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:39 pm

Ferocity boosts Double Attack. Since Triple checks only after a successful double, Ferocity increases Triples as a secondary effect. Flurry after Triple, da da da.

Warriors and berserkers Flurry quite frequently, so their benefit might be much better.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Sat May 24, 2008 7:30 am

The cool part is when you flurry and quad slay. The parsers were a bit surprised to see my damage output on that target.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Sat May 31, 2008 9:09 am

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Validek » Sat May 31, 2008 6:19 pm

Do you get a message when you flurry with this ability or does it just do 4 attacks? I tried it out didnt notice a message in any of my windows.
Validek
75 Paladin
<Sequel>
Maelin
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1340465
Validek

Postby Peaky » Sat May 31, 2008 8:00 pm

Peaky

Server: The Tribunal

Paladin Main

Postby tauaunt » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:49 am

Thats the correct message, and I would love to see that quad slay as well. I use the tribute all the time and have not got that lucky yet, but would be cool to have that happen.
No, I am not a pally, but I did stay in a Holiday inn express last night
tauaunt

Server: maelin

Postby Normy » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:10 am

I should have taken one, but it was in the middle of an event and had to hit my group heals and get some cures off. It was against the aug undead mob in AG north. But it was along the lines of 17k, 12k, 12k, 9k. Not sure if the trailing off of damage has any real purpose or if it was only my luck. I parsed over 2k for the fight though, I had alot of lucky rounds that fight.
Normy

Paladin Main

Return to Spells & Abilities