[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - SoT recast bug

SoT recast bug

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

SoT recast bug

Postby shiftie » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:40 pm

Can you look into a problem I have noticed with SoT

scenario

SoT memmed fully geeked out in buffs leaving one or 2 buff slots for SoT
Before casting SoT another class ninja buffs you with something and without being aware you are buff blocked.
SoT won't take hold as per normal
you click off 2 less important buffs to make room for SoT
The recast timer pops and you are able to cast SoT again
enter the bug
With 2 buff slots open SoT is still unable to take hold even with repeated recasts. I have seen it happen a few times with available buff slots open, the only way to cure it is to go to the spell book drop the spell and mem it again.
Can someone check this out and confirm one way or the other if I am mistaken or correct - if correct Hulking can you pass this along to the devs please.

cheers,
shiftie

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Re: SoT recast bug

Postby Hulkling » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:41 pm

sounds like a stacking issue. I know SoT won't stack with Druid reptile, and I believe theres another buff out there that blocks W/SoT as well...I'll see if I can dig it up.......

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/stacking.htm ... ource=Live

Most common buff that'd block SoT would be Ranger Strength of <insert> line, and Beast Lord Spiritual <insert> line. Basically, if you have a buff that blocks Brells, its gonna block SoT as well due to the slot 1 +attack.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby shiftie » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:29 pm

its not a stacking issue
this is with brells so no beast buff or ranger buff
it doesn't give the message spell will not take hold the second cast after you remove the buff lock
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:58 pm

The best bet is to see if you can recreate it, an exact list of buffs you had would be helpful. I'll see if I can get anything similar to what you mentioned.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:55 pm

oh hmm I see now, I'll see if I can re-create it. Does it happen with any other buffs?

edit: ok I tried it, my max is 23 buffs, and I only have WoT (yes i r slacker). WoT works fine. I was in HoS if that matters. I'll get SoT soonish, but if any others can duplicate this then that'd be great.

You begin casting Ward of Tunare.
Your spell did not take hold.
Your stoney skin fades.
You begin casting Ward of Tunare.
You feel the ward of Tunare surround you.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby shiftie » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:24 am

WoT does not have a recast timer you can cast it back to back so you'd need to try it with SoT

but thank you for testing it out
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:43 am

sooo theoretically this could be a bug with any buff with a recast timer, unless its strictly confined to SoT. I'll try some other buffs tomarrow while working on ASF faction :)
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby kolor » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:16 pm

Hulkling:
sot and reptile have been overwriting each other for a while (at least the same levels do, ie. rk 2 overwrites rk 2, not sure about diff ranks)
if i have a druid in group i now check to see if reptile is going so as not to overwrite it

i haven't seen the issue you are describing but i don't remember being buff locked (and clearing) before trying to cast it either
Kolor Kolossus
Holy Defender of Firiona Vie
(Level 85 Paladin of short stature)
kolor

Server: FV

Paladin Main

Postby shiftie » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:31 pm

again just to clarify this isn't a stacking issue with SoT/Reptile

It is a situation with being buff blocked and then clicking a buff but the spell will no longer take hold until you wipe it from your memmed spell set and then re-mem it. While I recognize this isn't a huge deal, it is not always possible to sit during combat and it is a bug none the less.

cheers
shiftie
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:18 pm

I have recreated this several times now

anyone else that does parsing/logs able to do so to show proof of what's going on?
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby palignome » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:24 am

Question, Shiftie - do you happen to have a Rune proc on/in the weapon you're using when you have the issue with SoT?

Just wondering because I'd had the problem when using my 2H - IF the initial cast of SoT wore off as the new cast was landing (not trying to time it that way, interesting lag issues being on dial-up) However, using my 1H earlier, I noticed that if Rune proc'ed at the same time SoT should have landed, they both 'wore off' and I wasn't able to recast SoT for a good while. I haven't tried the de-mem/mem fix, just waiting for 12-18 seconds or so lets it be recast. It might not be Rune in specific, maybe any buff/proc that has a chance to proc a beneficial can cause issues?

And agree, it's certainly nothing to do with ranger/druid buff lines - I have those blocked. For what it's worth, I did NOT notice the issue until after the swing delay issue patch recently. Coincidence most likely, but /shrug

(Will go through logs more when I'm actually awake)

Starreyn, Drinal
palignome

Paladin Main
Wizard - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:11 pm

Rune proc on weapon yes, however, not at the time I tried it last. I went to the guildhall and loaded up on every clicky I could buff blocking myself. Cast SoT and it did not hold. Clicked off a junk buff, recast SoT when it was available and it did not land.

cheers
shiftie
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:46 pm

ASF faction sucks ass, gonna be a few before I can actually verify this. However, if more people can verifty and post logs this I'll take it to the Devs. (last time I brought something to the devs w/o verifying turned out not to be true and I looked like a dumbass)
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:27 pm

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Abazzagorath » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:33 pm

My money is he is using the gargoyle LoN illusion.
Abazzagorath

Server: Drinal

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:01 pm

or they knew about it and fixed at as part of the last patch with the stacking issues, but no I wasn't using the illusion.
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Return to Spells & Abilities