[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Any Tips for Soloing Ward of Tunare?

Any Tips for Soloing Ward of Tunare?

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Any Tips for Soloing Ward of Tunare?

Postby Gorblimey » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:34 am

I've had a couple of sessions in Devastation now and have run into Sverag to pick up every task that could get me WoT but my experience of slaying the mobs has been quite painful so far.

The Kobold Headhunter wouldn't give me the Kobold slaying task (funnily enough) leaving me to pick on mobs outside in Devastation - these have been easy enough to deal with solo and I've had some success at training one group into another to thin out their ranks but I've still ended up with precious few kills, no drops and a couple of deaths.

So I thought I'd check to see if anybody had any hints / tips?
Gorblimey Kindheart
Paladin and Proud!!
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1407370
Gorblimey

Server: UK

Paladin Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Re: Any Tips for Soloing Ward of Tunare?

Postby Natems » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:26 am

The way I did it was soloing some of the light blue mobs that dropped some of the quest items. Once I had 4 of the drops, I went inside and picked up the matching task and did turn ins right away. From what I recall, you don't actually need the task up front (I don't think it tracks looting of items as one of the task requirements), I believe it only counts turn ins. That would be my recommendation, items first based on what mobs are available to kill, then pick up the appropriate task and turn in.
Natems

Paladin Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Graytis » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:41 pm

That's correct, you don't need the task first. Whatever "part" you happen to wind up with four of first, go get that task and do the turn in at the same time, and then you can destroy the other drops you don't need.

As far as actually getting the drops in the first place, yes, you can get singles pretty easily. The whole perimiter of Devastation is pretty much a safe spot, and you can get everything you need more or less cruising around it. There are several spots that spawn easy single mobs, just tag it and pull to virtually any part of the zone perimiter. You can break up even large groups of mobs using root, though, especially easy since the OOC changes went into effect. Find a small pack, and at max distance, throw a root on one of the mobs at the edge of the pack... you'll probably agro the two or three nearest to the one you rooted, while the rooted one stays there. As soon as your root lands, haul ass (horse helps) until you're far enough away from the rooted one that it won't agro when root breaks. You can then root one of the two or three chasing you, and haul ass again (staying on the zone perimeter, of course), continuing until you're out of agro range of THAT one as well. Repeat as necessary until you're down to your single mob. Kill it, and start the process over again. It's a tactic that's easily mastered with a little practice.

Just be careful you're not training anyone while you use it.
Graytis

Paladin Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby frocus » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:22 pm

I did same as grey but id just take a few hit try to root most and book it a pretty nice distance on aa mount like 6 or 7 cubbies drop horse and fight my single the mobs werent hitting to fast was easy to get roots off and run usally wasnt getting more than 2 sometimes 3 adds to root and pulling with root dropped one of those.

Can also usually get undead at far south end solo most of the time as there's always one that leaves faster or slower than the pack when they path around.
frocus

Postby Zorbee » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:41 pm

I actually solo'd it in Rage itself, but mobs are scarce single. You have to go in the outside walls mostly to find single mobs. I got luck and happened to have undead up. Got enough items for a turn in and waited for the zone to change the next day.
Avenger Zorbee Bunny'Slayer - Destroyer of Helpless Bunnies ~
Deos Fortioribus Adesse! ~ The gods are on the side of the stronger
Zorbee

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Gorblimey » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:49 am

Thanks Chaps

Couple of questions:

Is it just the giants that summon?

I know the mobs fight each other but what has to happen to allow a different faction to take hold of sverag? I was presuming that the kobolds are in there to stay unless another side somehow "wins" outside in Devastation.
Gorblimey

Paladin Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby frocus » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:47 am

I think you pretty much need to wait on patch day for sverag to change nowadays think you had to spawn and kill the named at ramp to change it back in the day tho. I may be mistaken and thinking of something else tho.

Edit and only recall giants summoning in deva other than named.
frocus

Postby zdrastvicha » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:00 pm

no you dont have to wait for patch days for it to change i was killing in there yesterday camping jade of the ether and the kobolds were up suddenly i get chain summoned by like 15 mobs surprise surprise the werewolfs were taking over and running rampant took about half an hour for everything to calm down enough to head back to my camp.
zdrastvicha

Necromancer Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby frocus » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:21 am

Ahh cool was there for a week waiting on the damn kobolds to leave for my turn in for ward was lucky enought that the first set of 4 i collected was in control and had to wait out a patch for new race in house
frocus

Postby Gorblimey » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:49 pm

Thanks for the help - Job Done!

By the way ownership of Rage had changed from Kobolds to Spiders - tried soloing Light and Dark Blue Spiders in Rage and they proved remarkably tough and summoned. Went back to Devastation and spent a long time running around the outer perimeter avoiding the large numbers of Bolvirks and picked off groups of 3-5 Kolbolds, Undead, Shiliskins and Orcs splitting them out with root and pony-power.

So WoT now memmed and the only disappointment is how tough those spideys in rage were as I'd had a mind to go camping Jade of the Ether solo - looks like ill at least need some help to get through to and set up in the camp spot.

Cheers everybody.
Gorblimey

Paladin Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Zorbee » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:37 pm

Wait, what does summoning have to do with anything?

Gratz on your shiny new spell. You missed the glory days though.
Zorbee

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Zorbee » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:40 pm

I duo'd the JOTE but I also pulled the PHes for 3 named at the same time. If you pay attention to the mobs pathing you can get singles the whole time. You really only need to clear the wanderers that come near the PH (and not really them even since if the named spawns, he'll fight those mobs and win.)

The hardest part of that camp is getting there. Of course, actually it's the naseauting wait for a named. Camped it about 5-6 days before I got mine.
Zorbee

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:30 pm

there is a way to the jade camp without fighting in - and it is pretty simple if you haven't gotten the itme or figured out how send me a tell in game and i'll explain it.

cheers,
shiftie

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby dindaur » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:00 am

up and over the wall, need levi, and ya avoid every mob that aggros, does require some timed runs while watching the pathing but very doable.
it did take a long ass time to drop. be prepared to be there for a very long sitting, or many nights in a row.
Lord Dindaur Stoutbrew
dindaur

Server: the nameless

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Return to Spells & Abilities