[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Just Returning, need AA Advice pls

Just Returning, need AA Advice pls

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Just Returning, need AA Advice pls

Postby Yandroz Zzyzzx » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:17 pm

Hello, I'm just returnign to the game after a lenghtly absence. I'm working on AA"s and I would like some advice on the order in which I buy them. I'm mainly soloing so please keep that in mind.

Here's what I'm considering currently:
Knight's Return Strike, I have 0 currently
Blessing of Life, I have 0 currently
Armor of the Inquisitor, I have 0 currently
Combat Stability, I have 21 of 23 currently
Combat Agility, I hvae 19 of 23 currently
General Sturdiness, I have 0

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Yandroz Zzyzzx
Brother Hayle says You have proven yourself worthy to hold Soulfire.
Inte Akera tells you: Take this sword, the Fiery Avenger.
Irak Altil says: Your selflessness has made it possible for me to redeem my honor.
Inte Akera tells you: I see you have Redemption.
Inte Akera says: You have proven yourself to be a powerful Paladin and a savior of all Norrath.
Yandroz Zzyzzx

Server: Luclin

Paladin Main

Re: Just Returning, need AA Advice pls

Postby Normy » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:30 pm

For solo purposes, max blessing of life. Its far from perfect, I think of it as damage mitigation, but it does fire enough to notice. I would get that before the last of your defensives, since the highest ranks of those are expensive and don't have a huge return.

If you fight anything that enrages, ever, get at least 1 rank of Knight's Return Strike. Anything more than that, I don't know because I don't have it.

General Sturdiness, its expensive for 500HP, but extra hp is extra hp. Its like having another slot and having a 500hp piece of gear in it.

Armor of the Inquisitor, I do recommend at least the first rank since you can pop that and hit your burst for a very effective heal in a bad situation. The AC boost never hurts, but the added healing effectiveness is the best part of it. Same boost as your epic click, but I'm pretty sure they don't stack (well the effects do, like proc and added ac, but you only get the 40% healing bonus, not 80 for them added up).

If you solo alot, you are going to need to be concerned with your DPS output, so look into those. The AA's can make a sizable difference there.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Gorblimey » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:05 am

From my personal experience an investement in DPS AAs was worth it as it enabled me to more effciently/reliably grind out yet more AAs.

And yep for grinding against easier targets or as damage 'mitigation' against hard stuff I really like Blessing of Life.

I also bought the first rank of Armor of the Inquisitor exacty for the reasons outlined above.
Gorblimey Kindheart
Paladin and Proud!!
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1407370
Gorblimey

Server: UK

Paladin Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:45 am

epic and armor stack

the healing mod causes extreme results - with them both on cleric landing 36k+ heals with their quick heals - as far as self healing it is like having a permanent remorse for the duration of the clicks.

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:49 pm

Wow, ok, I didn't know the healing bonus stacks. That will pretty much turn each of your burst spells into a CH.
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Peaky » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:07 pm

Buy at least one rank of KRS; this makes you immune to riposte damage.
Peaky

Server: The Tribunal

Paladin Main

Return to Spells & Abilities