[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Tome of Deflection

Tome of Deflection

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Tome of Deflection

Postby knytul » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:10 pm

IS LIVE. Its our equivalent to weaponshield: lvl 59, duration 12 seconds, reuse 40 min

Pal/SK Tome Vendor in PoK Library
knytul

Paladin Main

Re: Tome of Deflection

Postby Ssixa » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:50 pm

Sounds good, I'll have to go pick that up! Is it on a seperate timer from defensive disc?
Ssixa

Ranger Main

Postby Normy » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:44 pm

When did this go live and why was nothing said about it? Sounds like a mistake to me, something they are likely to pull, but thanks for the heads up. Will go pick that up as soon as I get on tonight.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Nodden » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:38 pm

Edit: Ah, sod it. I just noticed the disc window says duration is 12 seconds.
@ Ssixa: Yes it's on a separate timer.
Nodden

Server: Antonius Bayle

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Gorblimey » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:47 am

<shocked>

<astounded>

It's about bloody time but still.............. :D
Gorblimey Kindheart
Paladin and Proud!!
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1407370
Gorblimey

Server: UK

Paladin Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby frocus » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:55 am

According to Sk boards aa launching early was intended and was not supposed to be part of new ex pac so no need to rush to buy it before it poofs just need to buy before raid etc. :D
frocus

Postby Normy » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:47 am

And very happy to report that it is working perfectly. Was nervous that the object made it into the game, but that it would be broken or something.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Isaelie » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:21 pm

This is great news!
Isaelie

Server: Chicago 'burbs

Rogue Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Tanot » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:03 pm

Tanot

Beastlord Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:11 pm

Apparently this does suffer from the same bug afflicting other WS type discs, in that mobs with strikethrough will still land hits.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Brohg » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:51 am

"bug"?
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby frocus » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:42 am

Strikethru is intended to allow Mobs and PC's to by pass defenses its no bug. Knight's return strike granting immunity to ripostes is a bug strikethru working as its meant to isn't. Unless you mean the mobs have 100% strikethru rates :)
frocus

Postby Normy » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:18 am

I should have put "bug" into quotes, because it wasn't exactly my term. Since this is the first time we've had a WS-like ability, I simply use other classes terminology. It was made out to me that some mobs in SoF and likely SoD have enough of a strikethrough ability that this will not save the person using this, thus lowering some of the most important raid functions of it.

Probably working as intended.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Arethro » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:16 am

Wow! This is great!
Arethro Blackbishop
Arethro

Paladin Main

Postby frocus » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:22 am

ahh. They could have done worse to folks to remove functionality from WS like discs like they did short term in Gates where some mobs I.E. final named in tipt ignored anyone trying to tank using parry discs and started chasing casters around tho instead they upped certain mobs strikethru rates so as to negate parts of the disc in SoF i guess havent really played ranger since DoD heh.

Edit think the WS ignore was only short term havent been back thru tipt etc where WS was needed or tryed recently tho. Just remember them saying it ws short term til a proper fix could be worked out.
frocus

Postby Zorbee » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:17 am

They have said that Strikethrough was not intended to defeat Weaponshield ability, when it gets fixed I'm sure that ours will be fixed as well.
Avenger Zorbee Bunny'Slayer - Destroyer of Helpless Bunnies ~
Deos Fortioribus Adesse! ~ The gods are on the side of the stronger
Zorbee

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:48 pm

Ahh, so maybe they were correct in calling it a bug then? Meh, either way, its just something to be aware of.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby olts » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:01 pm

i tested it in fc today, it worked great... havent attempted tier2+ sof raid mobs yet, so i cant speak of the strikethrough issue there. and i cant raid in solt anymore, so i cant test it there as well. but for tss its definitly working.

a really nice one.

c.
olts

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:58 pm

Used in Crystallos and the mobs were able to hit through it, although much less. So it worked, but I can see where people can complain about it, still took me down to half health when they hit for 3k once a combat round.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby MiniChu » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:33 am

It is a bug; so that's the correct term. This however, has only been true for a short while.

When SoF landed, and mobs started killing us poor rangers from the tier 2+ through our WS, the message was that : "Strikethrough is intented to do just that; strikethrough - so live with it... or rather, not.." ;-)

That changed lately though, I believe it was at fan fair, where a dev suddenly changed and said, it was not supposed to strikethrough WS, and was considered a bug that would be fixed. Much rejoice.

Either way can be argued to be right - yes; it is a Strikethrough, so I guess it should be doing just that. However, the WS for rangers is not a tanking ability, rather a lifesaving ability for when the proverbial Sheisse hits the fan (poor guy - he's just a fan!). With mobs hitting 10k+ combined with the ranger's non-existing mitigation, this means as we usually hit this disc when already low on HP, a single strikethrough has a pretty decent chance at killing us off, rendering the disc worthless - more often that not have I died before even being able to let my group/raid know that I was WS'ing ;-).

So yeah; it's currently flagged as a bug - let's hope it gets fixed (and you guys' new toy as well; this is not meant for tanking for you either - rather a lifesaver for you/your group/your raid... Strikethough reduces that function by miles, though you guys have a much bigger shot at surviving a Strikethrough)
MiniChu

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:21 am

I'm kinda hoping it might get extended by a tick or two, to closer match the abilities of others, but I'm not holding my breath on it. Found out only recently that rangers can get a full 42 seconds out of this ability. Still, I'm not about to complain since I'm still a bit shocked that I got the ability at all.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:28 am

Dev_01: Geezus knights are still crying for a voidance disc
Dev_02: 1-900-MixALot it, give it to em, we got strikethough now to bypass it.
Dev_01: *snickers* Good point. /install Deflection
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Return to Spells & Abilities