[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Using mark of the saint on raids..

Using mark of the saint on raids..

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Using mark of the saint on raids..

Postby thurvok » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:13 am

Now that I can see all the debuufs on the mobs.. I have started using this spell on raids.. I see it almost always does land.. I am usually NOT the MT on raids as 1 of our warriors is.. I am curious what good .. if any.. is the debuff doing for that warrior..
thurvok

Server: Povar

Re: Using mark of the saint on raids..

Postby riou » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:46 am

It's giving him higher damage shield, Cleric version is loads better, tell em to stop slacking and put it on instead :P
riou

Server: The Rathe

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby thurvok » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:49 am

Hmmm our clerics are busy healing.. anyone know name of best cleric version of that spell. Seems I need to confer with our priests..
thurvok

Server: Povar

Postby Wanyen » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:19 am

Wanyen

Rogue Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:41 am

Mark of the Crusader (new SoD spell) will stack with both Cleric and Pally normal Mark lines. So be sure to pop that on raids as well :)

Our normal mark line does indeed heal, its just not displayed. Any heal from marks under 11 is not displayed for whatever reason.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Stephen51 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:34 pm

The heal has started to show, at least for me, and I cant tell you why, unless the patch has updated some settings.

It seems to be the reverse DS lands when the mob hits me, the heal lands when I hit the mob.

I think if a mob Rampages it will take the reverse DS hit, so if it Wild Rampages, it will take the reverse ds on the number of people it hits.

Some mobs have DS's and this can neutralise the DS (gnarled stumpy tree mobs in HOS spring to mind).
Stephen51

Server: Druzzil Ro

Postby Normy » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:04 pm

This can over-write most DS's. Some mobs in Demi really should be marked to avoid DPS death (do they KNOW where the autoattack off button is?). Some it just limits the DS, like the blob mobs in Solteris. For the most part, I don't cast it in raids on any trash. Its just not worth it unless I'm undoing a DS.

On the actual raid mobs, most clerics will not cast it. Why? I'm not sure, they are not all busy all the time healing. I just figure they aren't interested in memming the spell most of the time. So then I'll use it since all the melee DPS is getting the extra tiny heals out of it. For classes that hit a ton I'm sure this helps some.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:08 pm

screw all that. i use saint on Every mob i encounter. its like a religion now. Whats gonna happen, a clerics gonna overwrite? big deal.....at least it was on to begin with. The more damage done the merrier.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:17 pm

using it alot is never a problem. Its just most of the time a trash mob will be dead in 12 seconds, so I don't bother. In group or especially solo, I use this spell lots.
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Occam » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:29 pm

This will probably take over the slot where DA is currently perma-memmed.
Occam

Server: Felwithe, Faydwer (Xegony)

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Return to Spells & Abilities