[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - DPS AA

DPS AA

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

DPS AA

Postby Justinious » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:22 pm

Thanks for all the advice from my earlier post on augments.

This one involves AAs. I was away from the game for several years and am grinding back levels (80) and AAs (now over 500). I solo a lot and group some so I want to make sure I maximize my solo DPS (for what it is worth) with AAs. What AAs are MUST HAVE and what AAs are recommended (and in what order).

Any input would be appreciated.

Good hunting.

Justinious
Justinious

Paladin Main

Re: DPS AA

Postby Brohg » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:19 pm

As a soloing paladin, you'll target undead as totally as you can. Max out Slay AA at every level you can, and get all the +number_of_swings AA. Punishing Blade, Knight's Advantage
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:15 am

Its hard to know without knowing what you are starting from. Max your melee crit line, your slay line and your Speed of the Knight line. They are pricey, but are generally a good return. Knights Advantage also will give a noticable difference. Stick to undead whenever possible, and grab yourself a cleric merc. If healing yourself is creating too much downtime, you might find it better xp to split it with a merc but be able to more consistantly kill without worring about mana for heals.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:07 pm

Dont sweat your increase crit damage aa per say just yet.

1st) Slay Undead AA
2nd) Any increase # of swings AA (Also referred to as the Ferocity AA's)
3rd) Then Any Increase Crit AA (Cleave AA's)

when ur goin against undead, you want to be slayin as high as possible, as frequent as possible....Crit aa's just apply to normal crits (not slays).
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Blabberpuss Stryyker » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:10 pm

Blabberpuss Stryyker

Paladin Main

Postby Brohg » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:26 pm

Adds hits when you're swinging a 2h weapon
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Kakimor » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:00 am

LoL Brohg Knights dont get Punishing Blade AA :) Knight's Advantage and Speed of the Knight are the AA
Kakimor

Berserker Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby boukk » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:11 am

We do, just name got changed intbetween (iirc)
boukk

Postby frocus » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:35 am

Punishing blade is the non Knight add attacks with 2 handers. Knights get Speed of the Knight which is basically same thing tho the values may be different.

And judging from the parses i was doing on the flurry aa's it was looking like swing wise getting to Knight's advantage 6(max unless increased with SOD) had most benefit swing wise since on top of increasing the double attack chance more double attacks means more triples. Speed of the Knight seemed to be tacked on to the end of the attack so wasn't increasing flurries nor would it allow a triple on failed double attack roll.
frocus

Postby Justinious » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:35 pm

I have KA and Slay Undead maxed, and SoTK at 5 (out of 12) and 0 into Burst. For procs I have maxed WA and for crits I have Vet Wrath at 6. I know "we need them all", but I am trying to figure out if it is SoTK, Burst or Vet Wrath or some sort of balance. I have not parsed my DPS, so all your anaylsis is very helpful.

Thanks again.

Justinious
Justinious

Paladin Main

Postby Brohg » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:39 pm

Didn't know about the name thing, my bad :P

For live dps, Veteran's Wrath is the highest damaging AA. Slays are different, since they're not related to crits, so anything with even incremental more chance to swing again (check again to see if you Slay) is preferred. SotK > KA > BoP, but all > crits stuff for specifically soloing undead.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Return to Spells & Abilities