[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Crush of Compunction

Crush of Compunction

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Crush of Compunction

Postby riou » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:11 am

Hate Over ride has been removed, no longer = 2776(rk3) hate per cast, is now base DD hate of 1260(rk3)

This intended Hulkling? If so, $$ useable everywhere now(DPS nuke spell weeee ftw) :P
riou

Server: The Rathe

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Re: Crush of Compunction

Postby Genadinee » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:02 am

Blergh steal my thunder :P

I have a PM in with Elidroth atm asking the very same thing, also speaking with other Paladins on AB they are also going to be PM'ing him asking so he should get a box full of same questions so I would expect an answer back fast if only to stop them :)
Genadinee

Server: Atonius

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:38 am

so is crying seas our only hate override spell now?
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby riou » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:43 am

riou

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby boukk » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:50 am

Very bad change imo, i was using this as extra aggro, it kinda is a nerf to our maximised aggro.

And if you re aggroing when using this lame dps nuke, then your tank just plain suck.

Hope it s not intended, the dps part of this spell just isnt worth it.
boukk

Postby karkariace » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:22 am

karkariace

Paladin Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Vaindolf » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:39 pm

Retarded fking nerf
Vaindolf

Postby knytul » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:04 pm

screw that, im glad Crush has agro reduced. Im tired of afk dps'n on lame fights where i could be casting. GLorious to me is a blessing in disguise because i can cast it to get Twinheal, AND I can cast it to do dps, and now i can do the same thing dps wise with Crush. YAY!!!
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Nodden » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:23 pm

Lower recast to 12 seconds and manacost to 300(rk2) if this change is intended.
Nodden

Server: Antonius Bayle

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:52 pm

eh works for me. The mana ratio is currently 2.82, which is a far cry from the normal hybrid nuke ratio of 3.73. I say keep the mana cost, and increase nuke amount per the current mana. So 414 mana at 3.73 ratio would make it a 1544 nuke.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby riou » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:01 pm

riou

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Goldax1 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:50 pm

I will have to join in on the side that thinks this is a horrible change. This spell has been a very nice addition to aggro, and now it has been reduced in useability alot. It could still be used as a dps nuke in its former version. I dont know who in their right mind would cast crush of crying seas for dps, and then crush of compunction in its own wouldn't cause any aggro problems when dpsing.

I dont know what caused this change? Is it a greater scheame to fix dps
Goldax1

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Vaindolf » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:02 am

Vaindolf

Postby Kashta » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:11 am

I have to throw my hat in with the "this change sucks" crowd. I want more dps as much as most of the Paladin community does, but I would much rather have an extra hate spell than a low mana:dmg ratio nuke. If they wanted to give us a no-aggro version of Compunction (preferably with the improved ratio Hulk mentioned) on the same timer so we could choose between an extra aggro spell and a dps nuke, I'd be delighted. But I strongly dislike losing the one for the other.

~Kash
Kashta

Paladin Main

Postby boukk » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:21 am

boukk

Postby Turayalon » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:25 am

Aye stop talking like this is a dps spell to begin with lol. I like how it use to be more than what it is now. If we want dps then everyone needs to start getting behind eachother and asking for REAL disp discs and or AA. Take the new SK one for example that transforms you into a zombie for 1min 1/2 and you can crit for up to like 14k or so. That type of stuff is what we need not some lame spell thats meant more agro and not the whole 30 dps it gives ya lol.
Turayalon

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Vaindolf » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:17 pm

Get the aggro back on this as its been intended in the first place. Dont know a singel guildie pally that want it aggro free. All this was is a nerf on pallys aggro capabilities. Havent done diddlie do with our current dps.
Vaindolf

Postby Zanador » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:14 pm

Put the aggro back on the damn spell. This is a stupid nerf. For the dps clowns you want to dps? Reroll a dps class.
Zanador

Server: rathe

Postby Kjan » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:47 pm

prefer to have the spell back in its original form, little dps on this nuke as it is imo.

nice that they didn't announce this nerf either or give us the option to see if we wanted the change or not (if they did then I apologise)
Kjan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby boukk » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:35 pm

Looking at the post from some people willing to sacrify some hate for a ridiculously low amount of dps just makes me /facepalm and want to switch class.

Yeah let s sacrifice a big chunk of our aggro so you can spam a 50dps nuke (in a world where we re going to see mele burn for 25kdps) safely (which is something that could already be done unless your tank were afk).
boukk

Postby Cellan » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:51 pm

Either way I say. It's not like we can't swap another spell in for aggro, but I gotta agree with Hulking about upping the dmg amount on it. If one component was removed that was considered in the cost, the something has to give on the other side of coin as well.
Cellan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Goriel » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:03 pm

In a somewhat related topic, the stun spell Lesson of Compunction maybe has been turned into a targeted AE? looking at lucy its listed as such now. Am i just reading this wrong?
Goriel

Paladin Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:08 pm

Target Type: Single
Spell Type: Detrimental
Category: Stun [Targeted AE]

The category is Stun which contains alot of Targeted AE's: like chanters for example, but its not AE because of Target Type: Single
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Goriel » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:09 pm

ah. Oh well.
Goriel

Paladin Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby boukk » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:35 pm

the intent of the spell was for it to be cast instead of stun on unstunable content, and get something out of it more than just pure aggro.

If they want to give us dps they need to create a spell, not nerf one and create the illusion (for a few naive people) that you suddenly gained something.
boukk

Postby Hulkling » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:34 pm

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Vaindolf » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:01 am

It was one fast cast aggro spell that was not linked to the other stuns/crush. The other crush on the other hand is linked to one of the stuns, so yes it was a good spell for aggro. Glad to here its getting fixed (knowing SoE it will be fixed in about 6 months tops and not a word about it when its fixed)
Vaindolf

Postby Goldax1 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:17 am

Goldax1

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:11 am

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Cellan » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:07 am

Cellan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Goldax1 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:53 am

I am glad some of us found more and better use for it then just a "free" nuke then. Before CoC i did not have to keep aggro of twincasting group and raid members. Also a few encounters with player FD, Mob FD, Mob blur where fast and more aggro generation is needed.

Cellan:

You are aware that Crush of crying seas have the same amount of hate generated as Force of crying seas, and has a cast time of 0.5 seconds instead of the 1 second on stun. Same with crush of compunction. 0.5 seconds cast time instead of 1 seconds on Devout force.

But just using crush of compunction instead of Devout Force you get (2977-2605= ) 372 less aggro thats right, but you get it 0.5 seconds faster.

So using crushes instead of stuns on the initial lock, you get it done 1 second faster overall.

(I know i mistakenly wrote hand of disruption instead of force of disruption and i appologize for that. Force ofcause being the higher version of that AA line)

Did you have CoC up instead of Devout force? they are not linked
Goldax1

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby boukk » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:46 pm

boukk

Postby knytul » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:00 pm

i dont know about you, but when i have a chanter with me and Mana Reiterate, i can do some decent damage (for a pally) with both crushes, Glorious, and if undead: Eulogy and Benediction. Thats 5 damaging spells that trigger reiterate, @ 1500 appx damage per nuke casted, an extra 7500 damage done. Personally i love atm not having CoCompunc w/ an agro mod, but im not gonna cry about it going back to what it was.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Cellan » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:02 pm

Cellan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Vaindolf » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:23 pm

Ok guys didnt know where to post it. But ive been tanking/3 boxing in Artthi for awhile. And i found it doable 3 boxing some of the nameds. Then a friend SK came around, 10 k less hp and some 200 less ac and i laughed, let him try tank these hard hitters. Well he did + he wtfpnd all nameds with one merc cleric with no problem at all. OK where did i miss SKs got the wtf pwn god mode sent to them?
Come the F_UCK on man, HE OWNED ME. SOE WHere the 1-900-MixALot are you?= IM PISSED.
Vaindolf

Postby shiftie » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:49 pm

when you take things into consideration that sk innate proc is 4k which is equal to our highest heal amt... you begin to see how out of whack things are...

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Nodden » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:04 am

I'm two-boxing nameds in Volska's Husk :P .
But yeah sks are over-powered!
Nodden

Server: Antonius Bayle

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Goldax1 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:02 am

Goldax1

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby boukk » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:40 am

boukk

Postby Denak » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:13 pm

Has there been any word on when this is going to be fixed? I religiously use Crush of Compunction, Crush of Crying Seas, and Devout Force on raids, but without the agro, crush of compunction is just another spell I won't memorize any longer.

Excuse me if this has been fixed, but I use lucy for my updates and I see that it hasn't been fixed there as of yet.
Denak

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Next

Return to Spells & Abilities