Paladin Spells...

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Paladin Spells...

Postby kraziib » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:53 am

Good morning! I've recently returned to Everquest after an eight year hiatus(military obligation). My primary character is a level 65 Dwarven Paladin from a once well known, but now inactive, guild on Rallos "Zek" (Hammer of Brell). I believe I'm the only one on Zek running around with the guild tag still-and like the old-school role-playing nostalgia of it. Anyways I'm having trouble figuring out what spells to get and put in my line-up.Like other posts I primarily solo due to lack of playing time.I've read most of the posts here concerning AAs and were to solo(Veksar, WoS, Nadox, Hole, etc.) and to go after undead. Most of the quested spells I won't have time, nor the group to do. So what spells that can be purchased should I get (location)? Also is it possible to do EPIC without a group using a Merc? Obviously I won't be able to do 2.0 without one. Thanks!

-KB

~On a side note my 71 Iksar Warrior will be looking for a guild if anyone on Zek has openings.
kraziib

Paladin Main
Warrior - Alt/Box

Re: Paladin Spells...

Postby Peaky » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:39 am

This thread is similar, I'd recommend giving it a glance. While it's specific to someone at level 70, it's a good reference point I think:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts ... _id=157519

Here is my reply from that thread:

Level 70 and below "must-haves," when using a cleric merc (in reverse level order, roughly):

1. Brell's Brawny Bulwark
2. Blessed Aura
3. Ward of Tunare
4. Armor of the Champion
5. Disc: Guard of Righteousness
6. Pious Fury
7. Last Rites (if researched spells are available to you) / Spurn Undead (if researched spells are inaccessible)
8. Silvered Fury
9. Force of Piety (if there is any way for you to get your Ancient spells from Anguish, you'll also want the other stun)
10. Shackles of Tunare
11. Nullify Magic
12. Valor of Marr (if you don't have the funds to buy haste potions, or if you run out in the field)

Paladins don't really get any "fun but not mandatory" spells. While it would be wise to have the best heal you can get from each of our heal lines, at a mininum . . . it will depend upon your playstyle and if you truly use a cleric merc 100% of the time as to how much you'll use those spells. For reference, the top heal spell from each line from level 70 or lower:

1. Group heal: Wave of Piety (some folks like to rotate two group heals, if that's you, then: Wave of Trushar/Marr)
2. Heal over time: Pious Cleansing
3. Quick heal: Light of Piety
4. Slow heal: Touch of Piety

With regard to "must-have items," that's obviously subjective and based upon your playstyle. There are a vast array of weapons with utility procs, as well as clicky buff items that will help, but the list is so long that I'll try to limit this to relatively common items to begin to answer your question. Here are some that I would highly recommend that are accessible to you at your level (excluding the gear you choose to wear, as that doesn't seem to be the focus of your question):

1. Epic 1.5/2.0 if either are accessible to you (even if you have a better weapon . . . the click is very handy)
2. Damage shield clicks and/or potions; look for "skinspikes" in the bazaar - that will help soloing
3. Haste/Heal/Clarity/Beastlord regen potions - a haste click is available, but not exactly simple to get at level 70

I wouldn't recommend Direwind at your level of aa just yet, the other suggestions preceeding my post are helpful already.

-----------------------------------

I'll come back at look at this later when I have a little more time, I figure this might give you something to work with for now. With respect to purchasing the spells, if you can't find them in the bazaar - you might want to see if a researcher is available. In this level range there are a couple useful quested spells, but they are also researchable; for anything level 61-5, odds are it's a turn in from a parchment/rune in PoP.

This link is handy for referencing where to obtain any specific spell:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spel ... ion=search

The epic 1.5 doesn't have any particularly difficult parts with the gear improvements since Omens, though level 65 is a bit low to do most of it solo/merc. There are, however, certain parts that require a certain amount of people to be in a specific location at one time, or at least grouped with you, in order to advance the quest.
Peaky

Server: The Tribunal

Paladin Main

Postby Monndane » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:16 pm

WTF KB, you should have just sent me an in game email or tell...

I still have leadership access to HoB (i think), but i've moved onto Ascending Dawn years ago. Shoot me a tell in game and i can help you out man.

Monndane Tussane
Trom Grom'Barag
Hammer of Brell
Monndane

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby kraziib » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:19 pm

Arrr Brother Monndane...
Wulf told me you were still about. You realize we founded HoB almost eleven years ago! I hadn't even met my RL wife (truth be told she's the main reason I left EQ-as I'm sure is the reason many of our old mates left). I'll search you out brother. See you in Norrath.

-Hammers High!
kraziib

Paladin Main
Warrior - Alt/Box

Return to Spells & Abilities