[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - "New Idea" Spell/Disc Discussion

"New Idea" Spell/Disc Discussion

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

"New Idea" Spell/Disc Discussion

Postby Hulkling » Sat May 15, 2010 10:53 am

Not many suggestions here, but lets go over them and decide whats best, and maybe tweak a few things. So far we have:

1) Holyforge Discipline II: would like a short duration burst type discipline. Using Holyforge as precedence, suggest the following:

- Slot 1: Increase Chance to Critical Hit by 500% with All Skills
- Slot 2: Increase Chance to Crippling Blow by 50%
- Duration: 40 seconds
- Recast: 20 minutes
- Endurance: (?)

I think those numbers are right. Right now our base Crit rate is ~17%. Looking to crank that up to ~85% crit rate, and then 50% of those converted to cripplings.

2) Undead Pacify: self explanitory

3) Bashing Foray Discipline: 30 second reuse, increase bash damage by 100% , increase bash accuracy 200% fires 4 consecutive bashes

4) Holy Vengeance: Use the same timer as Holyforge and duration + reuse timer . Also locking out using both at the same time.
While active ( 5 min duration ) beign able to slay on any type of mob / same duration and reuse timer . Mobs now have enough HP that every class has a big dps ability this would bring us in line with others and still be useful in gruops that need a lil more dps.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Re: New Spell/Disc Discussion

Postby Hulkling » Sat May 15, 2010 12:10 pm

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Re: "New" Spell/Disc suggestion Discussion

Postby volklore » Sun May 16, 2010 8:01 am

I really dont want any undead only spells/discs since soe wants 2 slowly make them a thing of the past it seems so 2 me they are a wasted spell/disc slot of something we can get that would have alot more uses.

I like the bash idea but think maybe asking for a aa that will change our current bash into a frenzy bash with increasing teirs for accuracy and small damage boosts might be better then getting something like that in a disc form.

I like the holyforge disc 2 idea having a short term burst disc that is melee based would be nice figure it would also need a medium to high endurance cost for intial hit and then probably around 250 or so a tic.

I wouldnt mind having a healing boost disc not sure of a name for it but something that would boost are heals by 50 to 100 percent for 2 to 3 mins with a 25 to 50 percent boost to mana cost on heals with a endurance upkeep cost on a 40min or so timer so it cant really be abused but would give us a nice crap disc if a few healers go down on raids or even if healers die in the group game.
volklore

Paladin Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Re: "New Idea" Spell/Disc Discussion

Postby Thessiuss » Sun May 16, 2010 10:04 pm

What if we got a direct self heal? My idea stems off of Devout/Solemn/Sacred touch spells. Make it the same heal amount, a little less mana, but cut the cast time down to 0.5 or so (3 sec cast time blows). If people think it overpowered, then why not put a 12 second recast (or 24) on it, but for the love of tunare, please don't put a 9 second black out on all our spells like burst of dawnlight. I'd prefer it to be on a different casting slot than burst of dawnlight (mebbe devout touch /gasp) since having more opportunities to self heal would be nice (sk's get 2 taps they can do, no self targeting either so it's convenient). We can name it something like "i can has heal Rk. III" or maybe even touch of radiant light, touch of exquisite radiant light, touch of amazing exquisite radiant light (since it's soooo creative) and scale it per expansion.

i'm guessing 90% or of pallies (raiding and grouping) don't use Devout Touch or even have it memmed, unless they're trying to play as a backup cleric. However, i'm not one to place a bet on it since this idea might be epic failure. Food for thought!!!

Thessiuss

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Dundlemore » Mon May 17, 2010 6:06 pm

Holyforge 2 sounds good but add that it can be increaed in duration via AA cost . Holy Vengence is what we need most of all . Another sugestion - Holy Command - summon an agrroed mob to you / much like the SK spell . Gruop Steely Stance would be good for all of the ae mobs we see . Holy Vengence mmmmm prays to Marr for it to be so.
Dundlemore

Paladin Main
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:47 am

AE Root - same cast time as shackles, directional cone or pbAE, nothing fancy just something to help us get out of jail per se if we get alot of adds.

On the Wrath of Brath raid a badger mob spawns that drops a totem on the ground if anyone runs into the totem it explodes and has a huge KB. This could be implemented to give paladins more group/raid protective abilities.

Spell -

Totem of Marr -
Summon Marr's Trap
Summons a totem that causes an area effect PBAE KB 2.0 Second stun, 2 proc limit before it dissipates

Paladin channels the will of marr to protect his companions.

Think about how useful this could be for paladins to protect healers in a group or raid. Or to simply drop when on the run from a train to buy some distance b/w you and the mobs so you can gate/zone etc.

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby balladish » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:40 am

Totem of Marr idea is pure genius. Hulklin, can you please hit up Eldiroth and find out what the chances of getting such an AA are?
balladish

Paladin Main

Postby Stephen51 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:23 pm

Can I make another suggestion, or is it too late/not constructive at this stage? Are we just looking at what's listed and pick which we think is best? I don't want to derail things.
Stephen51

Server: Druzzil Ro

Re: New Spell/Disc Discussion

Postby shiftie » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:46 pm

shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Donthorn-FV » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:31 am

I would love to see a healing disc, could go something like +25 percent to heal base value, +15 percent crit chance, +10 percent to mana cost for all heals. duration could be 1 min, reuse 30 mins, just something that we can use to really blast through something when in dire need, i really take pride on trying to get as high as i can on heal parses on certain events.
Donthorn-FV

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Stephen51 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:05 pm

I have thought for sometime that we should have some sort of a rebound spell/disc, as it may help towards our dps problem whilst fitting our defensive class. I'm not one for crunching numbers I'm afraid, so it's just a general outline. The premise is when the spell is cast/disc activated, all hits would rebound at the attacking mob(s) and damage them for the duration of the spell. In its simplist form here it would need little upgrading as the damage done by the mobs increases each expansion therefore so would this spell. However I imagine other classes would have something to say, so some tweaking would be needed, possibilities include;

1. short duration/long reuse if full damage from mobs were to be transferred to them.
2.long duration/short reuse but only a portion of the damage is rebounded, the paladin still taking the brunt of the hits.
3. A medium duration/reuse but a hit total is added so once a mob has hit you so many times the spell/disc ends.

In the case of 1. very litle upgrading would be required, save maybe AA's that could extend the duration and/or reduce the reuse.

In the case of 2. It could be upgraded with a spell that rebounds more damage.

I thought of this sometime back and recently whilst reading some SK AA's I noticed an AA they get that transfers hits on them to heals (I must try and find the name if any interest is shown). This then would be a nice Yang to the SK's Ying.
Stephen51

Server: Druzzil Ro

Postby riou » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:07 am

2 new nukes that are on same timer as crushes(so you can dps more without the massive aggro gain), that take off the aggro and add more damage, make them just like 600 mana and 1800-2200 base dmg (since we are stuck at the hybrid like 3dmg:1mana ratio), each, or somewhere around there, in HoT this will be a little weaker then ranger / beast nukes which I guess is ok (theirs will be like 650 mana / 2700 dmg, which is 15% more mana/dmg then current ones)
riou

Server: The Rathe

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby boukk » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:20 pm

-Self only heal, call it whatever, 6kbase 1sec cast time 12sec recast, 1600 mana.

-Squire pet, equivalent of sk pet same kind of dps (add the aas also)

-bring back pacify

We imo need one of those especially seeing how hard mob in new content hits for.

As for undead pacify, please just trash this idea away, give a normal pacify back or nothing, I dont want this piece of junk taking any spell slot.
boukk

Return to Spells & Abilities