[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - AA Question - mana regen AAs

AA Question - mana regen AAs

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

AA Question - mana regen AAs

Postby eaiana » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:43 pm

My Paladin has around 2700 AAs. I raid with an alliance that is currently farming Korafax and has the first three events in Tower down. During raids I am called on to group heal lots, and to cure and well as offtank, depending upon the event. Until now, I have invested almost nothing in mana regen AAs. I have concentrated on core tanking abilities, healing and DPS AAs. I often end events dry or nearly dry on mana because of the combination of healing and using things like Disruptive Persecution for additional DPS. Do the various mana regen AAs help hybrids much? Am I going to get a few additional heals and/or nukes out of an event if I invest in these AAs, or am I better of finishing some of the other lines like the crit DD lines?

Mostly up to date magelo here for the curious. http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1406494
eaiana

Paladin Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Re: AA Question - mana regen AAs

Postby Normy » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:12 pm

Well, you are kinda asking a play-style question more than anything else. I personally would say very much so, in fact I heal more on raids than most other tasks, so my healing AA's and mana AA's are up on my list (although I'm slacking on the latest list). How much benefit you'll see from them depends on the events of course, but passive boosts to your mana pool rarely hurt.

Some events you will not see any difference, like Pallorax, queen, or rottrued. But take an event like Mindshear, long and brutal, and you'll appreciate all the mana you can get your hands on.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby shiftie » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:59 pm

Yes, the mana regen aa help a great deal. Standing regen is a big deal when you start factoring in clicks/C/SE and clairvoyance. Chain casting including heals I can go for 30-45 min without running oom on a 35-40k mana pool. When you get to the higher end of things glyph of lost secrets is insanely powerful. There are certain fights that are quite the marathon in UF and I have to chain mod rods and use that glyph just to keep up. I can't imagine making it through the events without the mana regen aa etc.

as an aside: the gift of mana line wouldn't hurt either
Last edited by shiftie on Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby eaiana » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:12 pm

Thanks for the info, guys. I have about 25 AAs saved up now, I will start to plow them into mana regen.
eaiana

Paladin Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby varutia » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:25 am

It is worth it, particularly the ranks that only cost 5 each, once you got to ones that cost more that that, the value for investment drops off sharply, I'd go finish up some other AA before coming back again.
varutia

Server: Bertoxxulous

Paladin Main

Return to Spells & Abilities