[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Valor of Marr Upgrade

Valor of Marr Upgrade

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Valor of Marr Upgrade

Postby Silverboltt » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:01 am

Could we get Valor of Marr to go from:

Increase Attack Speed by 25%

to

Increase Attack Speed by 25% (L44) to 55% (L65)

Through AA or just because I don't like buying haste pots?
Silverboltt

Paladin Main

Re: Valor of Marr Upgrade

Postby Stephen51 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:06 pm

If the upgrade doesnt come off, why not look into this item

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=28461

From this quest

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/ques ... quest=3336

The task was a part-raid quest really back in the GOD days.

Get 1 set of drops in Uqua, 1 set in a GOD zone, and 1 piece from the Cragbeast Queen

But for some reason, the part from Uqua also drops in Tipt and Vxed, (Vxed is best imo) which also happens to be the zone you get the polished shells from. Both zones are instanced, and can be obtained with just 1 person, so can be done solo.

The CBQ isnt so tough these days, I think I could take it solo, or Molo. When I done it a while back, post Anguish, we did it with 1 group.

The haste on the belt is 50%. The only downside is its duration, haste has to be reclicked every 15 mins. Oh the hardship!
Stephen51

Server: Druzzil Ro

Postby knytul » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:27 pm

in SoF i duo'd it with a mage. Pally just cornered up and tanked it and Mage with air pet just went to town. Took everything the mage had (mana, swarm pets, etc.), but got it down np.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:38 pm

I did that quest. I doubt that a single paladin has the DPS to do the craigbeast. It doesn't hit hard, but it has enough HP and a very solid regen that prevented me from getting him down past the 90's. Took 2 rangers and an SK with me on the next trip and it was a very short fight.

But honestly, that's the easy part. The hard part for me was the damn shells. I spent many many hours in Vxed cleaning from one end of the zone to the other. I ran out of time on at least 4 instances camping them, and quite a few times i would simply kill for a few hours between doing anything relevant. Wish I had a DPS merc back then. Bring a wizzy or mage into Vxed if you really want to speed it up.

It was still worth it to not carry multiple stacks of haste potions or running out of potions when I really could use them.

All that aside, I agree with Silverboltt. This spell is not relevant at all by the time you get it in today's game due to potions and long duration haste spells. Making it scale up would make it useful again, but still a few steps behind the haste cast by chanters and shammy. Give the same line to Sk's to avoid flame wars.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby shiftie » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:04 am

valor of marr upgrade - I'm going to push on this during beta so that we can get it to scale properly. Actually I think I will send aristo a pm after I'm done typing this.

cbq - she's pretty easy these days, and I'm sure that if you got the rogue merc you could own her pretty easy. i've not tried to solo her but it is probably possible.

protip - if you are doing cbq. Keep dropping DZ and requesting a new killing only the first 3 or 4 stonemites. This saves a ton of time in comparison to clearing out the instance. I've done it this way with pretty legit success rate on a few toons.
Last edited by shiftie on Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby UDP13 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:01 am

I soloed her a couple of weeks ago. Remember you need a piercing weapon and use your crushes (these seem to land more often than any proc). didn't take too long
UDP13

Server: The Rathe

Paladin Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Silverboltt » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:27 am

Yeah for me it's mostly just a convenience thing. If you think about hastes from other classes in the same level frame and time period, the spell made sense:

Pre 50:
Paladin: Self-Only 25%
Enchanter: Targetable 60%
Shaman: Targetable 40%

AND this was before the onset of haste pots that were able to be mass produced. Now with haste pots available in the bazaar the spell is completely archaic and useless. Who knows if the devs will go for it, some people will throw a fit since it's higher than any haste for beasts for the same level (beasts don't get 40% haste until level 60, but have 50% at 63), so maybe we could ask for a much broader scale so the haste doesn't get to 55% until say level 70 or 75. That would keep it lower than other classes with haste for the same level. I think if we're careful about the way we ask for it we can get another formerly useful spell line returned to us (just like pacify :D )

I'm willing to spend AA on this upgrade too if they decide to go that route, but if they're not going to make the haste at least 50% or better, tell them not to bother. In a situation where I don't have chanter or shaman haste available, I'm going to use the best haste available to me. If they bump Valor of Marr to 40% or 45%, I'm still going to use a haste pot and we just wasted our time.

Is it a big deal? No. But it would be nice.
Silverboltt

Paladin Main

Postby Arethro » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:47 pm

Arethro

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:57 pm

still alot faster and easier with potions. The belt you have to open inventory, equip the belt, click it, put ur old belt back on, then put haste belt back in inventory. With a potion, its slotted to Potion belt, so your only 1 right click away.

8 min of duration difference + the many hassles of swapping equipment.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Luthair » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:10 am

Personally I don't have space for haste in the potion belt, too many useful things you want more quickly.
Luthair

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby varutia » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:23 am

The original spell rocked for a long time, at this point of game it is pretty useless I have to say.
varutia

Server: Bertoxxulous

Paladin Main

Postby Silverboltt » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:42 pm

Don't suppose we've had any update on this?
Silverboltt

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:03 am

I've brought this up several times, and post it each time they ask for Spell Wish Lists for next expansion.

You can probably guess what the answer has always been. :?
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Return to Spells & Abilities