[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - What AAs will you buy first?

What AAs will you buy first?

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

What AAs will you buy first?

Postby Dole » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:07 pm

Figured I would start the post -

What AA seemed to give the most bang for the buck? What's the coolest AA? etc.
Dole

Re: What AAs will you buy first?

Postby Kinil » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:43 pm

Fade! I loved it during beta. Paci next he he.
Kinil, 85th Paladin
Test server

Kinil, 65th Paladin
Trakanon server
Kinil

Paladin Main

Postby riou » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:52 pm

Fade
Leap of Faith
AE Aggro
then probably DPS-related
then tanking-related
then healing-related
riou

Server: The Rathe

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby varutia » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:50 pm

Aggro reduction mod, fade then possibly the killshot stuff to speed up the solo lesson burn, buff extension aa will be high on the list as well.
varutia

Server: Bertoxxulous

Paladin Main

Postby boukk » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:31 am

Balefire burst, leap, valorous rage.
boukk

Postby shiftie » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:49 am

balefire burst
leap of faith
valorous rage
Blessing of the faithful (killshot)
Disruptive persecution upgrades
Inquisitors upgrade
Marrs salvation
Beacon upgrade
hand of piety stuff (it has a heal over time component like loh now 4500/tic at max rank) also able to get recast down to 15 min iirc

dps stuff
healing stuff/shield block
tanking stuff

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:39 am

So far my list is:
Balefire Burst (fade)
Valorous Rage (DPS)
Disruptive Persecution (DPS)
Inquisitors upgrade (DPS)
Blessing of the Faithful (killshot)
Marrs Salvation (-14% agro mod)
Leap of Faith

And then we'll see how it goes, probably defensives after that like Shield Block. Too bad 30 aa will only probably scratch this list.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby boukk » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:07 am

boukk

Postby Silverboltt » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:30 am

Balefire Burst
Leap of Faith
Disruptive Persecution
Valorous Rage
Blessing of the faithful
Inquisitor's Judgement
Marr's Salvation
Beacon upgrade
Buff extension
Projection

Passive DPS Upgrades
Passive Healing Upgrades
Passive Tanking Upgrades

I put Disruptive high up because in the long run you're going to get more mileage out of it. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED hitting Valorous rage, pureforge, IJ, 7th, glyph, righteous indignation, 2nd spire, etc in Beta, and the burn DPS is sick, but considering VR and pureforge are only usable every 20 minutes they are exactly that: burn dps. If I'm in a DPS role in group content or even high HP raid targets, DP upgrade is going to *add* minimum 250k (assuming no resists and no crits, which is unrealistic, since it does crit) damage in the same 20 minute time frame. At 5k dmg now, with 133 casts in a 20 minute time frame, you're looking at well over 650k (before crits), so I think DP does a lot for our sustained DPS.

After the cool stuff I'm actually going to get passive DPS first. I'm not going to initially shell out 100 more AAs for 5% mitigation and avoidance when I can put those first couple new AAs to better use. The grind to 90 will be upsetting since I'm spending my initial AAs then going straight to 90 with no breaks for AA.
Silverboltt

Paladin Main

Postby Silverboltt » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:31 am

Silverboltt

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:49 pm

Already changed my list today. Got Leap (2 AA makes it worth it), Balefire Burst (has already saved my butt once), and the first rank of Killshot. Still sitting on some as I level up, am digging the killshot AA while soloing.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Kinil » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:47 pm

Kinil

Paladin Main

Postby Orthanos » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:57 am

I play a pally but I have a big problem with pallies or any other class getting a fade type ability. Will it save my butt? Yeah probably, but it is a class defining skill of bards. I wonder what would happen if they gave bards our slay ability..........Makes me wonder.
Orthanos

Server: Saryrn

Postby varutia » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:07 am

At this point of game, the class line already got blurred a lot, the game isn't what it use to be. Our fade <> bard fade, I seriously doubt any bard would give a crap about paladin fade in current form. In case you don't know, just about every class in EQ already got fade ability in one form or another, we are one of the last to get it.
varutia

Server: Bertoxxulous

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:09 am

But that is the nature of the game, they farm out abilities as we go.

Bards don't have slay, but for all the talk about slay and how massive it is, we've been outparsed for the last three to four years by our SK counterparts on undead mobs, and they wanted slay living to "even it out"

Druids and shammies can both rez now, an ability unique to clerics and eventually paladins.

Necro, SK, and Bst can all FD now I think, so no longer a monk tool.

Monks and rogues and necros can mez, maybe memblur too? Can't remember.

Hybrids can now buff like their parent class, just with less duration.

I know what you are saying, just pointing out that this is the nature of the game. Since most classes had an emergency save-my-butt ability, it was nice to see it brought to the paladin class, it has already saved me a dozen times while running through the new zones.

I don't know if I really consider Fade a class-defining ability, but they are still the only ones that can do it consistantly and really use it as a pulling tool. I don't consider it stepping on toes too much because we will never approach the level that which bards can pull this off. I compare it to AE agro. We now have an ability to do it, but we don't even come close to being in the same ballpark as SK ae agro because ours has alot of restriction on it in reuse timers.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Orthanos » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:10 am

heheeh well all I'm saying is if bards get slay i am gonna shelve my pally hehehe
Orthanos

Server: Saryrn

Postby Normy » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:44 pm

It would ALMOST be nice if we weren't the only class, just so people would stop making such a big example out of it, lol.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Ughbash » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:30 pm

Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box