[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Swarming

Swarming

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Swarming

Postby Pure » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:24 am

Trying to learn to swarm and have a few questions.
*What is a good zone to do it in?
*What spells/discs/abilities do you use? Ive tried using deflection for pulling, beacon and then pop mantle with armor of the inquisitor and then valorous rage. Popping LoH and then HoP because they both have a HoT component -- but I cant get a spell off to heal. I guess I could use denouncement and confession (forget the upgrades name, forgive me).
*About how many mobs is a good starting point? Ive tried starting with about 10.

Any feedback is ZOMG GREATLY appreciated. :mrgreen:
Pure

Server: http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1436582

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Re: Swarming

Postby Thessiuss » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:07 am

armor of courage is awesome for swarming, try using that instead of mantle on inc (if you're that high) then pop mantle when that fades (armor of courage & mantle on diff timers). Also, anguish BP clicky is huge too (get a 1200 or so heal most times you're hit for 1 min) with 2.0 epic. The only time i'll use valorous rage (when swarming) is with Armor of the Inquisitor & first spire (evens out heals/ac a bit). Awesome disc but my swarms lead me to getting an ass kicking from lack of heals if AotI and first spire/epic aren't up. Biggest thing i'm not seeing with your swarm list is 1st spire, epic, anguish BP (Dawnseeker's) and Armor of Courage.

if you're against a wall, have persistent casting maxed (or close) and using short cast time heals you shouldn't have issues self healing.

i do frostcrypt & can pull an entire room (15-20 mobs?), so it all depends on your hp/ac. I'm still trying to find a place with less pathing issues & lower HP mobs, however, i've been busy with HoT so haven't done much testing :P. Until then i'm sticking to FC (15aa per lesson so far =/)
Thessiuss

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Re: Swarming

Postby Normy » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:56 am

Any zone you can get a mass of undead that you can actually kill is a place to swarm. I wouldn't suggest it in the new expansion yet. Pre-88, I would say Ruins of Illsalin is your best bet. After that, i don't know yet.

As for how to go about it, pretty much the pattern is similar in any zone. Gather up mobs, find a good tight corner that will drag them in deep enough that your riposte will hit them back. Then go crazy. On big pulls in RoI, I generally start with deflection, once that drops CoA clicky, epic clicky, armor, LoH, and fight out the rest, keeping twinheal up and ready for when my hp drops low.

I don't have PC capped but I'm told it helps. Pretty sure on the high end we are immune to stun from melee anyway due to another aa.

Use inquisitors as often as it pops too.

Number of mobs depends on your survival rate and zone. In FC I can manage about 10-12 mobs about tops for me, and it's draining on my mana pool to do so. I do a little better mana wise with groups of about 6 in FC, but I get away with way more in RoI because they hit for much less.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Return to Spells & Abilities