[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Disciplines..

Disciplines..

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Disciplines..

Postby thurvok » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:11 am

You are groups MT in HoT Tier 3 zone.. Puller just said named up.. What are the Disciplines you would activate.. how many can we now activate at the same time?? We got several in HoT and am confused as to which are best and order to use them...
thurvok

Server: Povar

Re: Disciplines..

Postby Genadinee » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:22 am

Ensure Stubborn Stance is fresh for Inc, start with Deflection, then roll into Exalted Mantle, then assuming mob isnt dead move onto Armor of Courage. This will give you maximum protection. Smack Deny as often as it pops and hit Righteous Indignation when mob is first in camp for more swing aggro, and it may refresh before mob is dead dependant on group dps.
Genadinee

Server: Atonius

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:23 am

Hasn't really changed much when it comes to our defensive capabilities. Deflection upon first hit if you have it, gives you time to lock agro and for a slow to land. Big defensive disc after that, couple it with epic and armor if you alone are getting smacked around, or epic and first spire if your whole group is getting hurt. Deny/withstand every chance you get. If it goes long enough that your defensive runs out (unlikely in the group game) then remember protective confession for the additional vie. If you want to help heal yourself a little more than normal, start out with projection for a nice big agro adjustment early in the fight.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Thessiuss » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:06 am

On top of deflect, mantle, epic, 1st spire, armor of the inquisitor; i click my BP's/clickies. I personally like clicking the SoD BP for tanking and the UF BP for DPSing (mainly because the SoD BP effect lasts much longer). I click the Silver-Scribed breastplate (TSS group BP) since it procs a stun (aggro) which can heal me in return and i also click the Dawnseeker's BP which gives that extra healing boost per hit too.

If you have extra runes/vie i'd suggest clicking those too (magmatic deflector, Basalt Carapace, Fabled Ball of Golem Clay, etc). I usually turn on my tribute just before a boss fight or a burn fight.
Thessiuss

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:37 pm

I run tribs constantly on my tank. AC & HP together are under 100. I run Flurry also, but if you just do those two, a full trib meter will last months.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Shillingworth » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:52 am

I like to save deflect for the mishap situations myself. So my tactic is, get Ward and Cleansing going before the mob makes it to the camp, pop Armor of the Courage disc and Armor of the Inquisitor AA. First spell cast is Crush, second is the nuke is Exoneration for the twinheal, followed by the Vindication for both the heal and vie, and then Charge for the additional hate and vie. If anything goes badly during those points will either fire Penitence or LoH. Oh I also use the OoW group BP clicky, it is most useful when the mob is not yet slowed, especially when coupled with the heal procs from Ward and Armor of Courage.
Even in darkness, there is light.
Shillingworth

Server: Bertoxxulous

Paladin Main

Postby boukk » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:27 am

boukk

Postby Shillingworth » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:28 pm

Thought Defy was a given with it's low end cost and fast refresh. Dunno about stacking, but the effects do both land together, I suspect the vie itself doesn't stack but still keep the two in-case one gets chewed up I have time to get the other up again.
Shillingworth

Server: Bertoxxulous

Paladin Main

Postby riou » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:44 pm

Vies go through each hit and check the highest absorb to lowest first, so in the vindication vs charge it will do the 15% till it's gone then move onto the 10% if it's still up, and if you Defy it will check that before both
riou

Server: The Rathe

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Return to Spells & Abilities