[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Valorous Rage

Valorous Rage

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Valorous Rage

Postby Turayalon » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:45 pm

Greetings Paladins,

Unfortunately, I'm addressing you directly today because I need to fix a fairly large mistake made on my part with the way one of our spell effects was used in the AA "Valorous Rage". Currently, this one ability is enabling too great an increase in critical damage output and needs to be changed. My intent was to give you a burst damage tool, but not something that would allow you to top actual DPS classes on a regular basis. Currently, this AA is proving a massive boost to your crit damage, with a reuse timer short enough to be used every major raid fight in a night.

While I have no intention of reducing this bonus to the realm of 'uselessness', I do need to scale it back a fair amount. Currently, at max rank, it is providing roughly a 500% increase to critical damage. I intend to scale this back to half that number, as well as scaling back the other ranks of the ability similarly. This will still provide a nice boost when necessary, but will keep you more in line with where you should be.

I thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Now you can start the QQ gates this will be the big nerf im sure some were expecting to see unlike the current patch which really wasnt much of a nerf.
Turayalon

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Re: Valorous Rage

Postby Thebobo » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:32 pm

Would be nice to know who the dev was and where that post came from.

#1 rule in EQ if you get something nice - Dont brag about it.

--

But anway I am bored, few if any of my friends log on anymore and with the exception of rading there is little to do.

:|

Been looking at Rift.
Thebobo

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby boukk » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:27 am

boukk

Postby shiftie » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:04 am

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby boukk » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:10 am

Wait a sec?
We re getting nerfed because they re giving necro more Adps?
My faith in current dev team is running thiner and thiner each days.
boukk

Postby Thebobo » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:51 pm

Thebobo

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:36 pm

LOL, what a f.... joke.

Shit, paladins were almost fun to play again, quick, dial that back down and make us the mediocre crap class you always wanted us to be. No wonder my guild is nearly empty these days, who the hell wants to be led around by a dev team that knows so absolute little about their own product.

Seriously, refund my AA spent. I'm annoyed that I spent 36AA to get super close to pet DPS.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby boukk » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:11 pm

The nerf reason is just so retarded I can't find word to describe it.

And the nerf number just seems so random lol, Well i am just gonna halve it and see whut! So many though must have went into this lol.

Piss poor.

Between that and the boring as hell raid , time to quit.
boukk

Postby Elidroth » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:33 pm

Are you seriously going to try and tell me the ability wasn't overpowered? That you didn't KNOW it was overpowered?

The Necro spell isn't THE reason VR was reduced in power, but it was certainly another consideration in list of reasons. Under no circumstances should you be doing DPS class numbers, except perhaps in the case of undead.
Elidroth

Warrior Main

Postby Thebobo » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:40 pm

All I can say is it made playing a Paladin semi fun again, since all I seem to do is heal on raids (which I expect to be nerfed as well.)

You are going to loose far more folks being bored then the few crying about others DPS. Rather then nerfing the fun out of us maybe you all could address the lack of content.

As you can instance old world raid zones how about making some with harder mobs and new loot just like you do fabled. Call them alternate realities or something. Think folks would to do Kael like we use to, but for loot we could use (and not a monster mission.) Maybe ST VP TOV ect. Of course that will never happen and more folks will retire and move on.

Seriously SOE needs to do something to stop the quickening attrition rates.

We need content now not nerfs.

Sincerly
Bored in Befallen.
I want to log on to play but there is nothing to do.
Thebobo

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Dole » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:30 pm

The real problem is people leaving the game bacause they have nothing to do.

I've been playing non stop since 2001, I knew this expansion was too easy for groups, people got their upgrades and stopped logging in. You should be working on a reason for people to log in again.
Dole

Postby boukk » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:31 am

boukk

Postby Normy » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:41 pm

Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Thessiuss » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:43 pm

Thessiuss

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Shillingworth » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:34 am

Even in darkness, there is light.
Shillingworth

Server: Bertoxxulous

Paladin Main

Postby boukk » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:08 am

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7636

Posted a few parse there, got bout 100 more of em if needed.
boukk

Postby Wyvernwill » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:48 pm

Really, I find myself at odds here. A large portion of me doesn't actually care about the nerf... it's still a "burn" disc to use when I have nothing else to use. I'll still be doing the best dps the class can, regardless what that number actually is, on fights where I can (things like event 1, event 4/5 of conv for example). The numbers themselves, relative to dps classes, don't matter to me, for the same reason my dps mattered zero to me previous to HoT. I didn't see the necessity for DPS other than a nice thing to have on fights where we weren't required to do other things... then again, I've always been a purist in Tanking > Healing > CC > DPS in my view points, which is typically at odds with others.

Even still, I find myself taken aback by this nerf... Overpowered... this disc was not, and is not. It's powerful, when stacked and combined with multiple effects. It allows Paladins to contribute a decent amount of dps when nothing else matters and they would otherwise be dead weight. I've seen what shiftie posted for rough estimates of the top end... I'm sorry, I just don't see how paladin "burns" are overpowered in light of what true dps classes do. As for my own personal experience...

At the farming Convorteum level, I don't beat our top wizards. I don't beat our top zerkers. I don't beat our top monks. I get destroyed entirely by our top rangers and rogues. Basically... the cream of the crop of my guild in the realm of dps... beats me, wether or not I use 7th and Glyphs. They don't even need glyphs or 7th to do so. On my best burns, the ones where things are premium, I 'might' catch 9th-10th on the parse. It's rare as heck when I even break 7th-8th.

The only contention of what is "out of balance"... is Shadowknight DPS. Fact of the matter is this:
Paladin burns were still less than Warrior burns - This is the expected as Warriors are intended to be higher than Paladins.
Paladin burns were still less than ALL DPS class top burns - This is to be expected, Paladins aren't a primary dps class.
Paladin burns were way superior to Shadowknight burns - This is errant. SKs should be higher outside of undead.
Shadowknight burns are inferior to Warrior burns - This is arguably errant. I have heard that Warriors are intended to be higher, and that SKs are to be higher... it seems to change depending on who says what. In either case, SK should be higher than Paladins and roughly in the Warrior ball park (give or take).

Nerfing Paladin burns (and really that's all that's being nerfed and tinkered with) does not help the class that is broken (Shadowknights). Shadowknights are truly the ONLY class out of line where they should be. This nerf, really, just doesn't make any sense other than to appease a class that basically has fallen apart over itself and it's overwhelming self arrogance.

Sorry Elidroth... I just cannot agree that nerfing Paladins is the correct route to fixing a problem that revolves around SKs not doing enough DPS. Let's face it, even after you nerf VR... Shadowknights are still PATHETIC at their designed secondary role of doing dps. All you're doing is hoping to calm 'outrage' by nerfing the least likely class to get bent out of shape over dps matters.
Wyvernwill

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Barnwyr » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:27 pm

Let me explain this to you, since muddlespeak seems to be ruling.

No at the keyboard paladin should ever be on a parse above afk auto-attacking berserkers, rogues, and monks or unassisted mage, necro, and beastlord pets (gosh don't want to lose those box accounts), and in no way above the SK that just coh'd the mob to the raid, fd'd, then stood up and started attacking (one of our devs plays and SK and he'd be po'd). "thats teh vision guyz, try and keep up."

That is all.

http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/chara ... 1295446662
Barnwyr

Paladin Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby AbyssalMage » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:45 pm

AbyssalMage

Beastlord Main
Cleric - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:07 am

the change incoming is balanced around 7th which is just horrible IMO

It is really going to affect paladins without 7th year vet really really badly.

For example

/GU The Gatekeeper in 123s, 2202k @17901dps --- Shiftee 2202k @17901dps

[Tue Mar 15 19:46:40 2011] tells roiparse:7, '/GU The Gatekeeper in 126s, 53918k @427918dps --- Necro 3854k @34409dps --- zerker 3236k @26312dps --- necro pets 2783k @23587dps --- rogue 2673k @21734dps --- monk pets 2225k @18088dps --- Shiftee 1985k @16406dps --- pal 1971k @16160dps --- ranger 1949k @15714dps --- zerker 1909k @15906dps --- monk pets 1909k @15518dps --- wizard 1832k @15795dps --- rogue 1826k @15218dps --- ranger 1708k @13771dps'

Should be noted that no one burned long re-use abilities b/c they save them for TSW (event 2)

That's non 7th non glyph

This is holyforge/RI/IJ

/GU Borzaloth in 81s, 865k @10673dps --- Shiftee 865k @10673dps

[Tue Mar 15 20:21:57 2011] tells roiparse:7, '/GU Borzaloth in 84s, 67786k @806974dps --- zerker 4651k @57423dps --- zerker 4619k @56334dps --- rogue 3056k @36385dps --- rogue 3006k @36218dps --- rogue 2997k @35678dps --- zerker 2992k @35620dps --- rogue 2908k @35035dps --- zerker 2715k @32710dps --- monk pets 2691k @32038dps --- rogue 2535k @30545dps --- rogue 2431k @29293dps --- monk pets 2251k @28858dps --- ranger pets 2111k @25747dps'

and then this is with 7th'/glyph

/GU Kilrek the Cleaner in 62s, 2551k @41151dps --- Shiftee + pets 2551k @41151dps

[Tue Mar 15 20:48:46 2011] tells roiparse:7, '.;tell Kilrek the Cleaner in 68s, 59965k @881842dps --- pal 3389k @54658dps --- zerker 3176k @52938dps --- zerker 3050k @51688dps --- zerker 3009k @50155dps --- ranger pets 2834k @48861dps --- Shiftee pets 2551k @41825dps --- zerker 2392k @39862dps --- ranger pets 2359k @39989dps --- zerker 2273k @37257dps --- wizard 2202k @41540dps'

Paladins were switched into dps groups for one last go at dps before the nerf. so bard/shaman and natures fury... the pal that topped the parse had an incredible streak of Ri procs and outdid me by 1 mil damage in 60 seconds lol. Good thing they changed RI from 1 burst to many procs... lol ... not.

As you can see 7th is just too much of a mod to our current discs that stack.. So instead of stopping 7th from stacking like I suggested they are nerfing the ability that all paladins have access too which is of course the wrong decision. This is going to absolutely destroy paladins in terms of dps output on a burst situation and I am very disappointed to see the devs react in such a knee jerk fashion.
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Barnwyr » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:40 pm

Barnwyr

Paladin Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:45 am

Not that this is surprising at this point, but the Valorous Rage nerf went in today. Sure hope that means all other melees are where they want to be on DPS, otherwise our healing might be the next thing to go! Wait, we already gave that up for our burn abilities...
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Dundlemore » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:25 pm

I fired valous rage in guild hall to see if the test notes were what went threw . yes we took a 50 % decrease and the heal penalty is there also . They also snuck in a nice lil FU to pallies it now also carries - 300 ac penalty to . They wonder why people are leaving the game , crap like this is a prime example of why . Thank you sony so very much.
Dundlemore

Paladin Main
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Thebobo » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:34 pm

Thebobo

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby riou » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:41 pm

riou

Server: The Rathe

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Barnwyr » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:15 am

Barnwyr

Paladin Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Axeion » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:15 pm

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." — Robert E. Howard, The Tower of the Elephant (1933)
Axeion

Server: Bristlebane

Paladin Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Tuathadendannan » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:09 pm

I think eldoratard is missing the pally point here, let me refresh it for him as he travels by on the short bus with the fish emblem pinned to his chest.... devs have consistantly dropped the pally class to the point of unneccessary to the game with your stupid notions of class balance, the last time pallys got anything before splash that was note worthy was the 55 level paci spell, you devtards sit up there and listen to your boytoy warrs like frodlin or some screwball crybaby sk that cant handle being our daddy 100% of the time anymore, sadly and i truly mean sadly in the deepest sense, you devs have destroyed the faith of some really excellent and loyal pallys with this latest exploit, you know what they say about 1 bad review and you lose 10 ppl, your gonna be losing alot more than this, and btw I dont think you gonna have too much of a future in other games as devs, at least not if you divulge your existing devs names, good luck to retards that be and thanks again for ruining our class.
Tuathadendannan

Postby knytul » Mon May 09, 2011 12:18 am

insulting them is gonna get your message across.
knytul

Paladin Main

Return to Spells & Abilities