[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Spell/AA suggestions

Spell/AA suggestions

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Spell/AA suggestions

Postby WaringMcMarrin » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:12 pm

I have been asked to collect some suggestions so lets get started!

WaringMcMarrin

Veteran -

Server: The Tribunal(Ayonae Ro)

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Re: Spell/AA suggestions

Postby Genadinee » Sun May 01, 2011 5:13 pm

Without a level increase there will not be the usual rehash of current lines, so we are left with Underfoot again, a limted number of spells and AA.

At the rate current of the High End devouring both content and AA's then the Devs have a huge Dilema, if I dont see 2K AA then I will be bored before Xmas on multiple toons and I'm not sitting burning glpyhs just to have a reason to Exp.

As for what they should do, to be honest I don't know but on current form of give then decide its too powerful and then nerf I hope they test anything and everything to destruction in Pre Beta then Beta.
Genadinee

Server: Atonius

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby WaringMcMarrin » Sun May 01, 2011 11:19 pm

WaringMcMarrin

Veteran -

Server: The Tribunal(Ayonae Ro)

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Thessiuss » Mon May 02, 2011 1:31 am

AA:

Upgrading:

Hastened Marr's Salvation: 3 ranks, lowers 1 min each.

Act of Valor upgrade: 3 ranks, first rank transfers 2500hp/ma/end, 2nd rank transfers 5000hp/ma/end, 3rd transfers 7500hp/ma/end. it takes that much away from us (trying to bring use to this AA).

Blessing of the Faithful : (2 ranks? 1 rank? 3?)

Fundament Spires: upgrades, don't really have the exact numbers crunched but upgrading them to scale would be nice.

Mnemonic retention: i find myself needing more spell slots :P.

Weapon Affinity: i'd personally like to see us procing more.

Suggestions:

I like most of the ones listed in this post from last year. Some good suggestions we could use in that post.
Thessiuss

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Boleslav » Mon May 02, 2011 9:06 am

AA: Hastened Balefire Burst :D

Spell: Give us back Denouncement that does more damage than it heals

General AA: Merc on Retainer
Would be nice to have the option for more than one merc that you can swap between. Maybe make a longer cool-down period so you can't swap every other fight (1-2 hours?). But right now you are married to your merc unless you like to spend 10k to swap. Just a thought.
Boleslav Forgehamer
Paladin of Sacred Destiny
Boleslav

Server: Tunare (E'ci)

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Nightops » Mon May 02, 2011 11:40 am

Act of Valor change - Maybe something like changing it to a form of 'promised DI' that only fires if the person its on is going to die (after clr DI fires) and add a long reuse timer of several hours or a hidden buff block on the receiving target so paladins are not boxed just for this ability. Or if the idea of dying doesnt go well with the population, it could be changed to a transfer of hp/mana/end by targeted click at a rate of something like taking 50khps 20kmana 30kend and giving half to the target. Right now, there isnt a way to do an endurace transfer or 'endo mod rod' to my knowledge so this could put a new aspect into the game.

Knight's Guard Disc - like the old warrior guard back during velious, this disc would allow Knights (with shield) the ability to help guard the MT by taking 10% of the incoming damage from the warrior and placing it onto the knight at 3 times the damage rate. Example - war gets hit by mob for 20k damage, if he had Knights Guard on him, he would only take 18k and the Knight would take 6k. Damage on the knight would have to be high enough for at least a druid healer be required, but low enough the disc would still be used without blowing the knight out of the water on half a dozen hits. Also this ability could be used to shield warriors only requiring them to be MT and not allowing knights to shield knights or any other class.

I would also like to see more buff slots and if possible, another spell gem slot. I end up getting buff locked everytime I tank on raids or even sometimes when I try to burn IJ or RI. I would certainly pay 15aa for each... even 20aa.

Stat cap increase - Not as heroics, but the regular stats cap to be increased. The aa could have a prereq that the original 'innate stat' would have to be maxed at 15. This would be more designed for the folks that are fully maxed aa right to have some place to put their extra AA's into while not making a large difference for those toons that dont have a lot of aa to burn.
Nightops

Server: Luclin

Postby Thessiuss » Mon May 02, 2011 1:20 pm

Last edited by Thessiuss on Tue May 03, 2011 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thessiuss

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Mon May 02, 2011 3:08 pm

Knights Hatred: Redirect all agro generated by the knight for the next 30 seconds this is active to the ToT. Usable every 15 min or so, and would take a short duration buff slot so it could be clicked off in emergencies. Could be an AA or a disc. This would give knights utility to help warriors build agro quickly at the beginning of an engagement.

Chains of Purity 4: AA root is fixed duration for 30 seconds, then random after that. Spells can still break it early. (meant to help us pull a little easier)

Gift of Resurrection 2: 96% rez. (Yup, I'm still asking for this. Could make it expensive, 20AA and lvl 90 required and I would still love it)

Group HoT: scale HP, stacking, and mana cost to current spells

Tank Shielding, 5 ranks: Increase the cap of Shielding by 1% per rank. Warrior, SK, Paladin AA line.

Twinheal Spell: Identical to the Twincast spell, except for heals.

Innate Run Speed 7 or 8: Self explanatory.

Enhanced RLAA: This isn't paladin specific, but it wasn't exactly stated that it had to be in order to suggest it here; I would like to see a few RLAA added. Like an ability to designate an assistant raid leader that would have the ability to make group changes, set loot permissions, invite to raid, and lock/unlock the raid as needed.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Warpeace » Wed May 04, 2011 6:23 am

An upgrade our Aura it still gives us a little extra healing power but really needs modernized Improve the heal focus 7- 10 % including and or add X amount end regen

Upgrade our Rez…other classes that did not have the ability before have received it now. 90% is too low if no 96% then between 93-95%. If that is not doable because rez envy make our rez give back some percentage of mana and endurance to make it desirable.

Devout furry upgrade
Silvered furry upgrade has lagged behind – I know we already have slay but why not
Twinproc
Healing Adept 3 more ranks
Healing Boon 3 more ranks
Healing Gift 3 more ranks
Mastery of the Past 3 more ranks
Mental Clarity
Mental Stamina
Quickened Radian Cure
Radiant Cure
Shield Block
Spell Casting Mastery 3 more ranks
Spell Casting Reinforcement 3 more ranks
Veterans Wrath 3 more ranks
Weapon Affinity
Flurry more ranks
Twincast
destructive fury
Mnemonic retention – 1 more never hurts
Something to proc more group heals say from weapon strikes could be added to a possible Devout furry and silvered furry upgrades
Upgrade our marks to produce better heals
Warpeace

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby boukk » Wed May 04, 2011 4:04 pm

General: new:
upgrades:

Archetype: new:
upgrades:

Class: new:_quickened stun ,Cast time reduction for stun (down to 0,5)
_Hastened leap of faith 3 ranks (reduce reuse)
_quickened disruption (make disruption's lines instant)
_Hastened beacon of the righteous. (3 ranks 1min/ ranks from 5 to 2min reuse)

upgrades: _Valorous rage upgrade 3 ranks, boost critic 50% each rank and HH 1% / rank.
_ Inquisitor s judgement usual upgrade
_Leap of faith 2 (extend the distance)
_New ranks of LH
_New ranks of HoP
_New ranks of armor of the crusader
_Beacon of the righteous upgrade
_Blessing of the faithful upgrade (add % chance proc/duration/ac/% boost)

Will update when I get more time.
boukk

Postby varutia » Fri May 06, 2011 1:15 am

Number one should be cast time reduction for stuns to 0.5 this is pretty big for both tanking and solo people.

Group Armor of the inquisitor

Blessing of the Tunare - three rank - each rank increase proc heals healed amount by 50%, 100% and 150%. Also please make the stupid tunare line proc affect by this as well. This AA is a blatant copy of SK's consumption of souls.

AA version of the aura increase by 5 to 10% healing, really sick of mem the damn aura all the time.

Lower resist version of shackle of tunare or an instant cast one, even better both at same time

96 percent rez

Most upgrades I don't bother to list, just about everything we got should get upgrades to keep the usefulness up.
varutia

Server: Bertoxxulous

Paladin Main

Postby Vaindolf » Fri May 06, 2011 4:20 am

Spirit of the Nightbane - 3 ranks 20 AA / rank. Swarm pet AA with epic swords. rk1 one pet, rk2 2 pets and so on. Each pet able to "absorb" 5% of all their masters damage (spelldmg/melee). Duration 30 sec, or until they die(HP needs to be tested). DPS something like 500dps / pet. Reuse 1 hour.

Hastened spirit of the Nightbane - 3 ranks. Lower reuse for Spirit of the Nightbane with 10%, 25%, 50%. Cost 12 AA / rank.

Harden Nightbane - 3 ranks. Cost 15 AA / rank. Increases Duration and HP of the summoned pets with 10 sec / rank and X hp.

Improved Blessed Aura - 3 ranks. Cost 9/10/11. Increase healeffectivness by 1% each rank when using Blessed Aura for a total of 8%.
Vaindolf

Postby Axeion » Sat May 07, 2011 1:13 pm

Knights Horsemanship- Allows a knights holy steed to stop as if the rider was not on a horse.

Armor of the Cavalier - Allows the knight to get greater armor from their holy steed.Mounts with no armor 1st rank grants 250 ac.Each rank after grants ac 10 per. ( would be nice for some armor grafics )

Speed of the Pegasus - When activated grants the paladins holy steed levitation effect as well as al its other abilities. Being a toggle it wouldnt afect those who use steed to help against push in outdoor zones. Instant cast lasting 1 minute icon. Refresh 30 seconds .Goes to short duration buff window.Perhaps some blue bale fire like epic 2.0 around the hooves while the spells in effect.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." — Robert E. Howard, The Tower of the Elephant (1933)
Axeion

Server: Bristlebane

Paladin Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Freevudo » Sat May 07, 2011 7:14 pm

Holy Beacon (good name not really coming to me)
Turns all of the Pally's melee damage into a group heal (mob is not damaged) for 30 secs/min? When active pally cannot cast spells. That way a pally can turn their DPS "burn" into a powerful heal when the need arises.

Freevudo
Freevudo

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Kinil » Sat May 07, 2011 8:16 pm

The undead proc only self line is dead is it not? Make our fury proc line also do added damage to undead, similar to the cleric stun line damage.
Kinil, 85th Paladin
Test server

Kinil, 65th Paladin
Trakanon server
Kinil

Paladin Main

Postby Dundlemore » Sun May 08, 2011 2:38 pm

Spell list

Battlefield Rez - 96 % ( long cast / recast )
Crusaders Aura - 7 % heal focus and 5 % chance for a twinheal
Crusaders Force - PBAE stun
Crusaders Intervention - self DI
Crusaders Vengence - Turn a mob undead for 5 ticks
Dundlemore

Paladin Main
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Dundlemore » Sun May 08, 2011 3:20 pm

AA list

Act of Valor upgrade - we tale all the damage to our gruop for 6 ticks
Holy Command - we summon a mob to us / same as SK version
Projection of Piety upgrade - increase the distance it can be cast from + beef up the pet scaling to new content
Dundlemore

Paladin Main
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Sun May 08, 2011 3:33 pm

Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Sat May 14, 2011 4:22 pm

You should have set a strict format for the feed back in this warring so that you could tally results and skim the feedback easier. It might not be a bad idea to start that at this point either.

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Sat May 14, 2011 6:27 pm

Free target stun - I like the idea of this because we are limited on ae aggro, having something like this on a similar timer to splash would give us something in the ae aggro department. Previously I felt kinda bad about infringing on SK ae aggro but a strange thing has happened in the last expansion where SK single target aggro can eclipse ours giving them a total aggro advantage in all situations. This should of course be level capped and possibly have a recourse with maybe a mana return. This would need to exclude healing light proc chances to avoid exploitation.

Free target root - upgrade to shackles and an interesting spin on the ranger/druid ae root.

Self DI - self explanatory make it cost 2x the cleric version with a fairly long recast or something

Combined spells

Combine light + heal over time set mana cost to an appropriate level vs recast

Combine the marks - our spell set does not support the use of the short duration mark, so either combine them or make the short duration unresistible so that it at least provides some benefit. The recast on it is way too long to justify the spell gem slot especially with its resist rate.

Upgrade Aura - Echoing the twin heal component being added to our aura as well as increasing our aura to 7-9%

KB stun trap - 2 proc limit, 30 sec duration, 30 sec recast, combat ability or aa so it can be cast on the run and not take up a spell bar slot. Exactly like the KB trap on the Wrath of Brath raid with a tweak to the KB distance possibly.

ToTT heal/nuke - Copy of the cleric tott heal that nukes – this has some really interesting attributes and I won’t go into too much detail but it would be awesome to see it added to our arsenal.

Revamp of our weapon Imbue suggestions:
1.) Add 1.0 sec stun so that it can proc healing light and we can put to rest the symbol of the planemasters. With the really low ppm this is hardly overpowered – level cap it if needed.
2.) Increase the damage so that our AA (blessing of light) increasing the DD of procs actually is worth investing in. It is time that procs from weapon imbues account for more than 13 dps.
3.)Add a 1 tic deflection proc akin to the rangers crackling blades/sheltering thunder ability.

AoC - Upgrades to armor of courage to increase proc limit.

Valor of Marr - Increase the haste % of valor of marr based on level starting at 35% and increasing to 50% @ 85.

Cleanse - Upgrade our self corruption cure to include poison/disease/curses

Vies - Move the ToTT vie from confession/devotion so that it doesn’t conflict with cleric SR or normal Vie.

Yaulp - Add a mana regen to Ward of Tunare lines akin to cleric yaulp (since this is our yaulp replacement). Without the prayer shawl we bleed mana at an incredible rate.

Persecution – 2 second melee resist stun 30 sec recast – I think it is bogus that other classes get this nearly 0 resist stun and we are still relying on spells and level caps, monks and rogues should not be ahead of us here.

Brells Might - Group Steely/Stubborn Stance with a + healing twincast

Healing Curse – exactly like the brownie curse in beza/zeka puts a reversed heal over time on the target healing the targets target each tic.

AA

Innate runspeed 8!!!!

Armor of the Inquisitor – increase duration/ + ac
Beacon of Righteousness –upgrade frontloaded hate and reduce recast
Blessing of life – scale the heal proc to more properly align with player hp values and increase PPM.
Blessing of light – increase the dmg modifier
Blessing of faithful – increase duration + ac gained
Chains of purity – increase the strength of this aa
Disruptive Persecution - increase DD
Flurry – ranks 6-9
Gift of life – make this scale appropriately with LoH instead of being behind on totals healed.
Halt the dead – fixed duration snare instead of the random duration it is right now.
Hand of Piety – apparently a lot of people are mad about the change we requested last beta and prefer the old version. I propose a compromise. Improve the base heal (non crit) to scale with player HP and also increase the HoT portion to match.
Healing light – increase to heal amount
Inquisitors Judgement – increase DD – possible reduction of recast?
Leap of faith – increase to rank 2 ++ distance of leap
Marrs Salvation – reduce recast and increase the – agro mod
Slay undead – as mob HP values increase it might be time to see an increase to this aa line. After the nerf to valorous rage we are not competitive on undead fights. An increase to frequency + 1 or 2 ranks might be needed.
Valorous Rage – increase the % gain as needed to maintain balance with other classes, I don’t want to rely completely on weapon ratios for a dps upgrade.

Blessing of Tunare – You feel your feet grow roots. – Anti movement AA, perma roots the paladin. Previously paladins were immune to fear but the devs have circumvented this by adding in sinkhole like effects, it would be nice to regain this advantage as a class attribute, 2.5 min duration 10 minute recast.

Crushing Light - % chance to proc a mana reiteration spell when nukes/crush spells are cast, offensive answer to the defensive healing light

Divine Healing – When activated this ability slowly drains the paladins HP/mana/end healing all players in range 1k/2k/3k per tic with a chance to crit, stacks with other paladins in raid. One – two minute duration or until the players end/mana are empty, can be clicked off.

Valiant Barrier – Group DA

Crippling lights – when activated this ability temporarily blinds your opponent lowering their attack rating, ac and mitigation. 6 tic duration (can be extended) two minute recast, can’t be resisted (or dang near close -500 mr check). Flash of light upgrade.

Group Armor of the Inquisitor – self explanatory

Furious Healing – 3 ranks when activated this ability increases healing crit rate 10/20/30% as it reduces melee and spell damage output. Same timer as might of prexus

Blessing of the Fallen – 20 minute duration buff– when a paladin is slain all players in range are healed for 15k (can crit) – with player HP hovering around 90-100k next expansion that is a decent heal without being too high.

Might of Rodecet – 3 ranks when activated this ability increases spell damage output 5/10/15% and adding a 10% chance to twincast while reducing healing and mitigation. Same timer as furious healing

Protection of Prexus - targeted buff 3 ranks 1 minute duration, 15 minute recast – increases parry and block rate 5/10/15%

Gift of the Pious – (targeted buff) – bestows the blessing of the pious on your target .5 cast time 4 tic duration (can be extended) casts Anguish BP healing buff.

Hastened spires – reduces recast of spires to 5 minutes

Lead the Charge (name stolen from last year don’t know who gets credit sorry) – battle leap ability, increase hate +5000 places you on top of the npc.

Nullify magic – free up a spell gem and make this an AA

Vanquisher – headshot ability for lower level undead targets via ranged/spell attacks.

Demoralize – 1 minute duration 10 minute recast - -500 MR, reduces a targets ability to riposte.

- more to come when I have more time -
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby varutia » Tue May 17, 2011 4:42 am

Upgrade knight's return bash, three more level to make it bash on every riposte.

Fury of knights, three ranks - each bash got a chance to trigger another one, 50% at rank 3.

Skilled with shields, three ranks increase accuracy of the bash, make it land every time at rank 3.
varutia

Server: Bertoxxulous

Paladin Main

Postby Stephen51 » Wed May 18, 2011 12:45 pm

Paladins are traditionally a defensive tank, but anything that increases our survivability while tanking is frowned upon by the other tank classes, traditionally warriors.
Paladins do the least dps of the tanking classes, possibly of all classes. Any increase in our dps is frowned upon by the other tank classes, traditionally Shadowknights.

I think the majority of Paladins want an upgrade to dps especially after the nerfs which seemed a little careless (IMO).

AA - A new faster steed with more AC than the in game gifts.

AA - Dedication to Deity - Using this ability casts a single target Nuke, which builds up the more enemies the Paladin kills. No need to put much of a recast as killing 1 or 2 mobs will only do 100/200. Have a max mob kill limit that the nuke will do say 1000 mobs. Make the nuke something substantial in Paladin terms. Make it unresistable.

AA - Hand of Piety - it is broken, fix it. Give us a long recast AA that will allow us to MGB it.

AA - Act of Valor - Utterly useless in it's current form. If the AA is going to kill the player need to be substantially better (possibly the MGB heal above, or even MGB LOH).

AA - Confidence of the crusader - The Knight rallies his comrades in battle - The groups melee/spell damage is increased by 5/10/15% for 1/2/3 mins (6 ranks?)

Spell - Brells - Add AC or add max avoidance (110) or add max shielding (40) Or something dont just add hps.

Spell - Symol of ? Lets take a leaf out of the Shaman's unity line and lets have symbol + Bulwark of Piety upgrade + the other hp buff we used to get. Thats if we even want this buff any more.

Spell - Copy of the ranger spell Cloak of Quills, but without the DS component. The two spells wont stack, the ranger spell would overwrite ours.
Stephen51

Server: Druzzil Ro

Postby Nightops » Sat May 21, 2011 10:41 pm

I know I saw this somewhere, but I cant find it on this thread.

I would like to bank more then 1 each of the expendable AA's. There isnt a real arguement against doing this imo, unless the internal coding isnt able to do it.
Nightops

Server: Luclin

Postby Pure » Mon May 23, 2011 2:55 am

Lots of good ideas in this thread ... wow

I personally would like to see the free-target stun idea in play.
Pure

Server: http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1436582

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Candara » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:40 pm

Hand of Marr - Group heal on the same timer as HoP, but with HoP's original mechanic. Chance to crit and no heal over time. Base level would begin equal to HoP 22. Require lv 21 of HoP to purchase. Paladins would have the choice of one big heal with a chance to crit, or the heal over time version. Discussion of the HoT levels of Hand of Piety have really polarized players and this would solve the problem. Continue to add levels to Hand of Piety so paladins can purchase either/both.
Last edited by Candara on Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Candara

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Beezy » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:46 pm

Well first post here but been doing a lot of reading! I really like some of the ideas here in this thread, Shiftee has some great ideas, and I really liked the Holy Beacon idea where when activated we would use our damage as a group heal. Only problem with that (Shiftee pointed this out) is that it conflicts with the SK leech ability from their epic clicks.

I would not mind seeing a spell that when casted could turn the mob into undead for 30 seconds or so, I know necros have the spell to turn them into skeletons so the code is already there.

If the above spell wont happen, then maybe upgrade the silvered fury spell to have a low chance of getting a "slay type" of hit on live mobs. Would have to be a pretty low chance though, but would still be kinda neat.

EDIT:

Love the idea posted by candara also, I liked the original version of piety than this new version.
Beezy

Paladin Main

Postby Tankin » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:10 am

Id like to see new customizable auras for every class.

Have the initial level of the aura + 5 additional upgrades to it. Lock it behind quests, either all in the next expansion or 2 UF, 2 HoT, 2 new expan. Once you complete the first quest to get the initial aura, a window pops up with choices of what you can select. Some choices will only have 3 ranks, some 6. Each following quest would give you a window where you get to select what to add to it, giving the choice of multiple small benefits or 1-2 stronger bonuses.

Restrict it behind general upgrades and archetype specific as well (dps cant select healing mod, healers cant choose melee bonuses etc) However you do not have to select from general before you can purchase archetype ones, hybrids will have multiple choices depending on makeup

Ideas for aura customization -

General
HP regen - 3 ranks - 20 hp per rank - 60 max
Mana regen - 3 ranks - 5 mana per rank - 15 max
End regen - 3 ranks - 7 end per rank - 21 max
AC - 3 ranks - 34 ac per rank - 102 max
Stat increase - 3 ranks - +5 increase to all stats per rank - 15 total

Melee archetype
+damage - 6 ranks - add 25 damage per hit at the end of calculations per rank - 150 max
+flurry - 3 ranks - 1% increase to flurry chance per rank - 3% max
+double attack - 3 ranks - 1% increase to double attack chance per rank - 3% max
+critital hit chance - 3 ranks - 1% increase to ciritcal hit chance per rank - 3% max

Healer archetype
+healing - 6 ranks - 2% healing increase per rank - 12% total
+twinheal - 3 ranks - 1% increase to twinheal chance per rank - 3% total
+chance to crit HoT - 3 ranks - 1% increase to crit HoT chance per rank - 3% total
+chance to crit heal - 3 ranks - 1% increase to crit heal chance per rank - 3% total

Tank archetype
-damage - 6 ranks - reduces hit damage by 50 per hit per rank - 300 max
+shielding - 3 ranks - increase shielding cap by 1 per rank - 3 total
+riposte - 3 ranks - 1% increase to riposte chance per rank - 3% total
+avoidance - 3 ranks - increase avoidance cap by 5 per rank - 15 total

Caster archetype
+spell damage - 6 ranks - add 120 damage per nuke per rank - 720 total
+twincast - 3 ranks - 1% increase to twincast chance per rank - 3% total
+chance to crit Dot - 1% increase to crit DoT chance per rank - 3% total
+crit nuke - 1% increase to chance to crit nuke per rank - 3% total

As with previous auras, no stacking, higher benefits will overwrite smaller ones. Perhaps no archetypes and really make you choose what you want. I think it would be a great addition and allow every class and player a new way to bring something unique to their groups.

All classes that previously had an aura should be granted the aa to allow having 2 auras up at a time.

Anyone else think this would be a good idea?
Last edited by Tankin on Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tankin

Paladin Main

Postby Tankin » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:18 am

-Allow weapons and shields to be dyed

-Create a container, perhaps for sale for 1000 loyalty tokens, that allows the purchaser to place a weapon or shield inside and turn it into an ornamentation of that type, however the item turned into an ornament will be destroyed in the process. Gives players the opportunity to use their favorite weapon graphics again.

-Class weapons! Its time we stop having single class items rotting. Create a token that drops as a bonus loot in chests from the tier they want class weapons to drop in. Turn in the class weapon token to an NPC and it will hand you your class's weapon. Handing the weapon back to the NPC will change its weapon type, same stats, perhaps a different proc for each, giving players the option of a few different graphics.

-Meaningful type 3 augs - In addition to the normal type 3s in expansions, unlock 3 tiers of type 3 augs, 2 through grouping 1 through raiding. You get the choice of a type 3 aug for each damage and healing spell each time you complete one of the tiers. Link all the augs in each tier to their own lore group, so you cannot have more than 1 from each tier but you could destroy it and purchase a different one. Tier 1 augs 5% increase to damage or healing, Tier 2 10%, Tier 3 15%.

* = new aa

*Group Armor of the Inquisitor - group version of self only, shares timer

*Hastened Force - makes force of disruption / disruptive persecution lines instant cast

*Hastened Marr's Salvation - 3 ranks, lowers reuse 1 min each.

*Hastened Spires - 3 ranks, lowers reuse 1 min each

*Hastened Balefire Burst - 3-4 ranks - reduse reuse by 15 seconds each

*Extended Blessing of the Faithful - Increase duration to 90 seconds to 2 mins

Divine Stun - Double the push, maybe even 250%

Weapon Affinity - ranks 8/9

Disruptive Persecution - rank 3 - increase damage to 8kish

*Hand of Marr - 6 ranks - HoT form of hand of piety with 3 additional ranks, shares timer with hand of piety

Hand of Piety - 3 ranks - all ranks changed back to original form with normal 3 upgrades

Gift of Resurrection 2 - 93% rez, no reason we shouldnt at least be able to rez for as much as necros

Flurry - 3 more ranks

Speed of the Knight - 3 more ranks

Knights Advantage - 3 more ranks

Combat Fury - 1 more rank

Veterans Wrath - 1 more rank

Twinproc - 2 more ranks

Shield block - 3 more ranks

Force of Disruption - rank 6 - increase agro

Armor of the Inquisitor - 3 more ranks

*Blessing of Marr - 3 Ranks - increase amount healed by our heal procs by 50/100/150%

Spell Casting Mastery - 1 more rank

*Knowledge of Mana - 1 rank - increase duration of gift of mana line to 36 seconds and have 5% chance of lasting for 2 spells

*Cascade of Valor - 1 rank - 30 min reuse - 1k HoT + 10% increase to all forms of damage on group for 10 ticks, MGBable - make this cost 30 I dont care

+normal healing / tanking / general

Yaulp - Add a mana regen to Ward of Tunare lines akin to cleric yaulp (since this is our yaulp replacement). Without the prayer shawl we bleed mana at an incredible rate.

Persecution – 2 second melee resist stun 30 sec recast – I think it is bogus that other classes get this nearly 0 resist stun and we are still relying on spells and level caps, monks and rogues should not be ahead of us here.

Free target stun - I like shiftiee's ideas here, make it instant cast

Earnest Fury upgrade - Add 1.0 second stun for chance at stun heal, increase base damage to 2500+

Valor of Marr - please make this scale to 50% already

Revamp Challenge for Honor line - Remove Vie component from the spell, reduce cast time to 0.5 secs, make it a much stronger hate over time and have it cast a combined version of our mark spells on the target, also give it a chance to spread to up to 2 other targets

Marr's Instigation - 2 line spell, first line 3-4k damage, second line 7-10k agro, 6 second recast, instant cast. 150 range

Denouncement Upgrade- Change to 5500 nuke 2350 heal, 0.5 second cast, 2 second recast

Reverse Denouncement - 2650 nuke 5500 heal, 1.0 second cast, 1 second recast, higher mana cost - same timer as denoucement

Brells - Add 3% chance to dodge or riposte along with normal hp upgrade

All I can think of for now, will add more if I think of it
Tankin

Paladin Main

Return to Spells & Abilities