[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Pallie Pulling

Pallie Pulling

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Pallie Pulling

Postby zorgothx » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:32 pm

Quick Question. I just got to 86 and received the new pacify-type spell. I never used pacify when I was a lowbie and I'm not exactly sure how it works. I attempted to cast it on a non-aggroed mob in OBF the other day and it had no effect. Can somebody give me a tip on how to use this? Do mobs need to be aggroed first? OR are some trash mobs just immune?

Thanks in advance!

-Palawiki Lovesbeer (86 Paladin of the Test Server)
zorgothx

Server: Rockford, IL

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Re: Pallie Pulling

Postby Shillingworth » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:14 am

It doesn't work like the old pacify spells.

Pacify
1: Frenzy Radius (1/55)
2: Reaction Radius (1/55)
3: Pacify

Propitiate Rk.II
1: Reaction Radius (17/90)

Frenzy Radius = affects agro radius and radius of some ae melee abilities.
Reaction Radius = affects agro radius and assist radius.

Really the new pacify is extremely situational. There are two camps in all of HoT that I ever use it at, because that's the only place where there is a enough spacing between mobs for it to actually work.

More often than not when I'm playing the role of puller I use stuns, projection, vicious rabbit, and Balefire Burst (fade). Most of the time you have enough distance to stun two or three you don't want then fade them off when the one you want gets clear. But when that isn't possible use the rabbit or projection on the one you don't want, fade and your good to go. The tricky part there though is if you projection, you need enough distance from the mob you put it on or it'll just dump the agro it generates on you.
Even in darkness, there is light.
Shillingworth

Server: Bertoxxulous

Paladin Main

Postby Ughbash » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:16 am

Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Boleslav » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:00 pm

Our paci has a level limit of 90. In addition to that, some mobs are immune. Your "target is unaffected" notice is due to one of these two conditions.

That said, I use the new paci a lot when I pull. You need to be aware that it reduces reaction radius. That means a mob with aggro needs to be closer to the paci'd mob before the paci'd mob picks up the aggro.

If the two mobs are very close together, it can be impossible to split them this way. Also, be aware of the pathing the mobs will take. If you paci one, then pull the other, it may still aggro if it paths closer to the paci'd mob than it was when it started.

One trick I use is to paci one mob, then pull the 2nd with divine stun, pushing it further away from the first mob. It is a very useful ability for me. Good luck with it.
Boleslav Forgehamer
Paladin of Sacred Destiny
Boleslav

Server: Tunare (E'ci)

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby varutia » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:44 pm

Some mobs are immune to pacify, not much you can do about it. Another great tool for pulling is balefire burst, if you got two mob close together, just root the one you don't want to kill and then other will run towards you, once that happens just fade, now you got one.

This won't make you a proper puller, but very useful in a lot of situations.
varutia

Server: Bertoxxulous

Paladin Main

Return to Spells & Abilities