[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Withstand

Withstand

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Withstand

Postby Aragir Lancot » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:05 am

I mentioned Withstand in serverwide.paladins the other night and someone said they had a hotkey that activated Withstand every time they use bash. That sounds like a good idea to me, and I went to go an do the same thing, but then I realized I don't know how to activate Withstand other than by clicking on the hot button. Is there an altactivate code for Withstand? Or is there some other way to do this that I should use?

And please correct my syntax if its wrong. The script for the command would be something like:
/pause 5, /alt activate "withstand" (whatever the code is)
/doability "bash" (or whatever)
Aragir Lancot

Re: Withstand

Postby Thessiuss » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:43 pm

lvl 83 - /Discipline Withstand Rk. III ... or Rk. II or no Rk. just make sure you use proper punctuation or it won't trigger
lvl 88 - /Discipline Defy Rk. III
lvl 93 - /Discipline Renounce Rk. III

Remember that they are Disciplines and not AA, so you'd use /Discipline instead :).

ONE of my triggers looks like...
/Discipline Renounce Rk. III
/alt activate 489 (Yaulp)
/alt activate 3826 (Force of Disruption)
/doability 3 (bash)
/stand

That setup lets me cast all of them without having to put a pauses in there.
Thessiuss

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Aragir Lancot » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:48 am

You don't need the /pause anymore? Or you have that list so that it picks whichever one is available and does that?

I apologize, but I'm not really 100% clear on it.

If I created one that was

/pause 2, /discipline withstand
/doability [bash]

would that do what I want? I guess I should clarify that I want a hotkey that I can use to bash, but that will also activate Withstand whenever Withstand is available.
Aragir Lancot

Postby Thessiuss » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:43 pm

Works for me without the pause in it. I had to switch around my order so that everything would fire when i pushed the button, but for me, that works. Computer lag, server lag, dolphins, etc could all play a part in causing certain things to not fire. I don't like the /pause because it actually does put pauses between discs/aa when i want them to fire immediately.

Suppose i put a /pause 2 before each of those lines, all my previous abilities are down and i just want to stand? it'd take me pretty much 1second before i stood instead of immediately. it has to cycle through each one before firing what's needed. Some say, 'what's 1 second?' My response is, '1 second too many, go sniff your fingers.' I prefer stuff to be in the millisecond range, being fast is one of my best and worst qualities :D.

Also, if you like to mash buttons (like meeee) and you have another AA lineup hotkey, it could interrupt the entire string from firing.

For example, my cleric box:

Hotkey for repetitious healing so i can quasi afk:
/pause 37, /cast 5
/pause 37, /cast 5
/pause 37, /cast 5
/pause 22, /cast 5
/tell thessiuss you big smelly willy

If i try to hit any AA while that hotkey is in process, it will interrupt the rest of the string from firing. Hence, why i dislike /pause unless i don't intend on doing anything until the string is done.

In short, try making the hotkey, going to Crescent reach and beating on a snake or something. All of them should fire :). If they don't, try switching around the disciplines, AA and /doability. One other note, /stand always tends to screw with my setup and causes stuff not to fire, so I've had to put it last.
Thessiuss

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Return to Spells & Abilities