Cloak of Truth (Galadril Adamante, 5/01/02)

Timeless Saves - Herein is stored lore, tips, and sage advice for the Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Cloak of Truth (Galadril Adamante, 5/01/02)

Postby Valya Wanderfoot » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:38 pm

Therian Grimblade
Wandering Knight
(4/26/02 8:04 am)
| Edit | Del All Cloak Of Truth
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyone Done this? AC 15 and str/wis with a +5% to meditate I would think we would be all over this unless you need a week to camp rare stuff,

Any Comments on this quest?
Therian Grimblade
Warder Of Elania Grimblade

Solem Lifewarder
52st Deepwater Knight

Reconstructed
ECI

Falloraan Trueblade
Wandering Knight
(4/26/02 12:05 pm)
| Edit | Del Re: Cloak Of Truth
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Only thing I know about it is anyone taking the faction hit at the end will be unable to do the quest, so need to avoid the hit if you are helping someone else and want to get one for yourself eventually.

Falloraan Trueblade
52nd Season Half-Elf Cavalier
Thunder Struck - Tholuxe Paells

Galadril1961
Blessed Protector
(4/26/02 1:25 pm)
I've done it. There is only one bottleneck in the quest, but its a fairly big one at least on Bristlebane.

Quest starts with Abrogast and Miller who are in the building to the side of the Katta Bank. Most of the steps are really quite easy. Just talk to them and get your instructions.

Early on you need to get a book from behind a locked door so round up a rogue. When you enter the room a vampire will agro you. It was light blue to me when I did this at 55 and I killed it easily even though I wasn't prepared for a fight. Grab the book off the table. The rest of the early steps I've skipped and are just alot of running around between Katta and Shadowhaven up until you get to Peqi.

Peqi is the bottleneck. He is a 24 hour spawn and heavily camped. I took him down with late arriving help and had some difficulty because I started out with low mana and unbuffed due to people coming in behind me looking like they would jump him. I would say a 55 paladin fully self buffed and fom shouldn't have alot of trouble. He's a caster so have your chain stuns going. Having one person to help would be a good idea if you are any lower level. Peqi drops a container which you will need before you proceed any further because the items that go in it are no rent until you put them in and combine.

You will need to get two Akuel Xi ans Vius from Akheva. These are neither very easy nor very hard to get. It is very easy to get just one in a night so be prepared to see it poof since it is no rent or make yourself a corpse and don't loot it until you get the 2nd one. They drop off the black robed dudes in there that harm touch, the best place to find them is straight down as far as you can go from zone in, just past the area where the mind worm trap is. Once you have both put it in the container from peqi and combine so that it is no longer no rent.

Once you've got this combined item you head back to turn it in. When you turn it in, Abrogast and Miller and they say that they need to go to the bank and pick up your reward, but when they get back they decide they are going to reneg on the deal so you have to kill them for it. The key thing here is to let them go out of the building they are in, then into and out of the bank - they don't have the quest rewards on them until they leave the bank. Make sure anyone helping knows to wait to attack until the proper time, my partner jumped early and I thought we were screwed - we ended up zoning out and when abrogast and miller were deagro'd they luckily completed their trip because when we zoned back in and killed them we did get the cloak and other minor drops. You will in fact see them holding stuff that they didn't have before and know when it's safe to kill them from there. One is a cleric and one a warrior so I would advise not trying this alone. Both conned dark blue at 55.

The cloak is tradeable and last I heard was going for 20k on Bristlebane. It would be even better for a druid who can't get many high ac back items. I like mine alot and notice that on those occasions when I actually do get to sit down that my mana goes up faster.

Galadril Adamante
Officer, Order of the White Dragon
Knight of Tunare
Bristlebane Server
sblue@bright.net

eqjonze
Blessed Protector
(5/1/02 11:51 am)
Very nice post. I suggest maybe the Tomes

But where is Peqi located?
Jonze 56 Paladin
White Wind on Drinal

Edited by: eqjonze at: 5/1/02 9:53:25 am
Valya Wanderfoot

Return to Tomes of Knowledge