Fiery Defender Completed (11/15/00)

Timeless Saves - Herein is stored lore, tips, and sage advice for the Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Fiery Defender Completed (11/15/00)

Postby Valya Wanderfoot » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:42 pm

Beldukil
(11/16/00 3:12 pm)
| Edit | Del All Firey Defender Compiled from Epic Board by Khael
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before I start I'd like to mention that the target-range for this quest is 50-60 if not 55-60, so when I say 2 groups I mean for the average level to be 55ish or above.

Irak Altil is a named skeleton in fear, that after following a line of questioning brings this up:

You say, 'what sword?'
Irak Altil says 'Hands of a twisted brother no longer living.'

You say, 'what shield'
Irak Altil says 'Earthly children of the god of hate. Keeping stand over his dark brothers and sisters.'

You say, 'what breastplate'
Irak Altil lets loose an unearthly howl as it gleams with sickly light. 'Upon she who lured me from my post. In that place where hatred festers. Painful corruption.'

The sword is found in The Hole off a mob named "Keeper of the Tombs & Spawntime has been reported to be between 7 and 10 days. Bring at least 3 groups to take this guy down.

Here's a map to The Hole(Thanks Andorion):
http://www.bol.ucla.edu/~berjd/hole/

The shield is found on Kirik Vil in Nektulos Forest, and can be handled by 2 groups since you get him alone. Just bring alot of petcasters/tanks to take him down faster than his regen can handle. No reportings if Disease Cloud stuck on him, but if it does it would sure help with the regen. Use the log at 1500,-800 for your group to pull to, he should roam by in sight on the northwest side of you on regular intervals. Spawntime has also here been reported to be between 7 and 10 days. He gives negative faction hits with many DE factions so keep that in mind for any evil helpers.

The breastplate is off Thought Destroyers in hate. Last four times I've went two has spawned three times and 3 the fourth. They spawn sometimes after you kill a banshee - right at the spot where the banshee dies. Level 55ish and shouldn't be a problem to handle for any group of people doing hate.

Irak Altil says 'The sword must be dipped in water pure. Light of clean spirit to cleanse the shield. A gem of clarity unlike any other for the breastplate. All must be cleansed and returned to the temple for my soul to be freed. Only the temple can cleanse, only they can touch the artifacts. Take the sets of two to the temple. When they are all three cleansed seperately take them to he who will grant me atonement.

The shield is to be turned in alone to Elia the Pure, she has the reagent herself. You will then recieve a "Gleaming Crested Shield"

The sword's reagent is found in West Freeport. Find the Peasant Woman and tell her 'I will take it'. Give it to her brother Joshua that's in the closest house from the Woman and you get "a bucket of pure water" which identifies as "Blessed by Sacrifice".

Now turn the sword and the water in to Reklon Gnallen in the Peacekeepers guild in Erudin. You will then recieve a "Gleaming Crested Sword".

The breastplate's gem is in Kaladim. Find Jark in the mines below the bank, hail him and say 'some'. Proceed with the dialogue and finally tell him the keyword 'dinner' or some other. Follow his instructions and bring him his dinner. Nella, his wife, can be found at the crystals(wishing pond) right in front of the temple(pal/clr guild). I'm told the keyword 'dinner' spawns her. Hail her and say 'dinner'. Bring the item back to him and you get "Pure Crystal" which identifies as "Blessed by Compassion". Now take both the Crystal and the Breastplate to Reklon Gnallen in the Peacekeepers guild in Erudin. You will recieve a "Gleaming Crested Breastplate".

Turn the three cleansed items(Gleaming Crested pieces) back to Reklon, he will hand you a "mark of atonement".

He also states:
Reklon Gnallen says 'I never thought our order would see these artifacts again. With the return of these relics we can now put at ease a scar upon the history of our order. This cleansing will atone for his failure. Your soul must be pure to have given so freely of yourself. Go now, take this crested token of our order. If you wish to free his soul you must undertake another sacrifice.

You say, 'what sacrifice'

Reklon Gnallen says 'Only this crest and the sacrifice of something that symbolizes your strength and purity will release his spirit into the cleansing flames of our lady Quellious. Go now. Thank you Soandso.

Next step is to bring your Fiery Avenger and the Mark of Atonement to Irak Altil, a non KOS undead mob in the Plane of Fear. He is normally up several hours after a server reset and he will stay up for days until he is used for a turn in, at which time he will despawn.

Turn them in and you recieve your new toy:

Fiery Defender
2hs 35/40
effect: holy shock (155 dd with a .5 second stun)
15ac 20str 10sta 15wis 70hp 30mana and +10 to all resists

As a final note I'd like to thank EVERYONE who's been involved in solving this quest, and EVERYONE who's sacrificed and bled to complete this. This is a great group effort, and once we found Irak Altil it went pretty smooth in my opinion. And of course, a last congrats to Camaan and everyone else who completed it tonight

Edited by: Gilfalas at: 7/24/02 10:11:48 am
Valya Wanderfoot

Return to Tomes of Knowledge