Blocking Buffs, How-To Manually and In Game (Riou, 2/21/06)

Timeless Saves - Herein is stored lore, tips, and sage advice for the Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Blocking Buffs, How-To Manually and In Game (Riou, 2/21/06)

Postby Valya Wanderfoot » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:42 pm

Riou
Cavalier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:48 am Post subject: Blocking Buffs, How to manually and in game Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
I figure since no one has posted how to, I would for those who wish to manually update it, this is a copy and paste of my post in Beta, showing how it's done...

Quote:
make sure you are logged out completely 100% before doing...

ok this is how you "Manually" add spells to be blocked via your ini...

in your ini file Yourname_server.ini

you will come to a few lines that say something like

[BlockedSpells]
BlockedSpellID0=-1
BlockedSpellID1=-1
BlockedSpellID2=-1
BlockedSpellID3=-1
BlockedSpellID4=-1
BlockedSpellID5=-1
BlockedSpellID6=-1
BlockedSpellID7=-1
BlockedSpellID8=-1
BlockedSpellID9=-1
BlockedSpellID10=-1
BlockedSpellID11=-1
BlockedSpellID12=-1
BlockedSpellID13=-1
BlockedSpellID14=-1
BlockedSpellID15=-1
BlockedSpellID16=-1
BlockedSpellID17=-1
BlockedSpellID18=-1
BlockedSpellID19=-1

[im unsure if you can add new ID's past 19]

next you go to lucy.allakhazam.com, search for a spell... say Voice of Clairvoyance

in the URL box you will see something like
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?i ... ource=Live

so... the id is 5522, you just place the 5522 part in the first slot where it says "-1"
ie.
BlockedSpellID0=5522

and Voice of Clairvoyance will be put into your blocked buff list (next spell goes to ID1, then 2, etc)...

if you wish to take it off, just find the ID of the spell and put it back to -1 and the spell will be removed...

rinse and repeat for any spell you dont want!

Mod Rods, also work in this...

a Dev who worked on it explains how to do so in game

Quote:
Okay. I've recently added a new command that went to beta earlier this week.

I'd like to introduce you to /blockspell

/blockspell (function) (me or pet) spell# spell# spell#...(up to 20, the current max blocked spell)

Current valid functions are: display, add, remove, clear

Current valid targets are 'me' (you) or 'pet' (any pet you have, even if they aren't currently active.)

display - outputs a list of the spells you are blocking. Doesn't use any arguments of spell number.
ex: /blockspell display me

add - adds the listed spell numbers to the target
ex: /blockspell add pet 123 456 789 Requests addition of these spells to your filter. (only blocks beneficial ones. Ignores the rest)

remove - removes the listed spells from your (or your pets') buff filter.
ex: blockspell remove me 123 456 789

clear - clears all currently blocked spells from the filter specified. Doesn't use any arguments of spell number.
ex: /blockspell clear pet - clears pets' filter.

Cellan
Knight

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:23 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
can we sticky this here and copy it over to the Spells&AAs topics and sticky there too? this is awesome info and thanks Riou =)

Merts
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:37 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Sweet, all my feedbacks for "Protection from Selo's" actually paid off.

Lol, just kidding, I know it wasn't just me, but I did actually /feedback a few times for an AA or ability called "Protection from Selo's"... I also feedbacked if that wasn't possible (and I knew it wasn't likely) then for them to make a self only Selo song for bards.

I hate that song when I'm tanking. Any good tank knows you have to make lot's of small adjustments to your position while doing your job, and Selo's makes it a pain in the butt when you fly 10 feet away from where you're standing.

I know bards need it when pulling, but still, it's annoying when it's on me and I'm the tank.

If I can't block that song, this feature means nothing to me, but I think we will be able to since it goes in the normal buff box.

Caladel
Crusader

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:16 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
I cant think of any spell i would want to block on a paladin. Ya there are lof ot spells i usually dont want, but i can also think of times i would use them all. And blocking em means more hassle when i want em ehe.

Good for casters and melee tho, blocking clairty for example on a melee.

dpawson
PoN Admin Staff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
There was a time when I would have killed to block... what was that shaman spell/line that improved vision? Now noone bothers.

Occasionally someone still casts See Invis on me, or old school shaman buffs that don't do anything since my stats are capped.

I don't feel as strongly as Mertine, but there are times I really don't like Selos. Not so much for my movement, but because I don't need it and it takes a buff slot.

But yeah... as a hybrid there aren't a TON of buffs I'll be blocking.

Caladel
Crusader

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
There are times i dont want selos i agree, tanking its annoying because it changes my normal movement reactions. I over move because of it.

However ill live with that if it means i can have selos when i want it.

And ya vision spells are the only ones i can think of i would want to block. But, no one ever casts them on me anymore.

ellessidil
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
I personally am happy because now I dont have to play the recast BBB 30x a raid. I can just tell people who want it to block the darn ranger and bst buffs. Yay.

Kithar
Noble Squire

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:37 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
I really wish they would add a way to turn blocked spells on and off easily. I guess I could make a hotkey to set all of them, then clear all blocked after each raid but that is a hassle. When raiding I often click off things like regen/atk/ds that I use in normal group situations but they made no way to turn the filter on or off.
Valya Wanderfoot

Return to Tomes of Knowledge