[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - SoD AA List

SoD AA List

Timeless Saves - Herein is stored lore, tips, and sage advice for the Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

SoD AA List

Postby Hulkling » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:13 pm

Updated as of 10/14/08. New AAs are in bold.

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Re: SoD AA List

Postby Peaky » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:03 pm

I really like a lot of what I see here )

Hastened RC and SCRM I am glad to see on our list.

Mental Fortitude sounds great, though I wonder what the max percentage of resist will be . . .

I'm rather disappointed to see that the belt slot will not let me have a 6th, I could really use at least 7 total, and hard capping it at 5 sucks.

I can't wait to see what Healing Light does, that sounds quite good if it is a defensive proc as I suspect (a la WoT line). If this is an offensive proc I can foresee issues with a stun going off willy-nilly.
Peaky

Server: The Tribunal

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:57 pm

Healing light is a chance to proc a group heal every time you cast a stun. Its not huge, but its pretty cool. Doesn't work with weapon stun procs, but does work with Epic click stun procs. Also works with Divine Stune and Hand/Force of Disruption.

My favorites are LoH (with the huge-arse HoT), Divine Aura (no more perma spell mem!), Healing Light, and Force of Disruption 2 (3k hate)
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby shiftie » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:33 am

does it work with tss or tbs bp click?

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby LordDavias » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:56 am

Any ideas on the recast of Forceful Rejuvenation?

Looks fun for say, casting 2 bursts in quick succession or using to 2 DAs back to back.
<a href="http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1361398">GEAR</a>
LordDavias

Server: Antonious Bayle

Postby Stephen51 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:51 am

Stephen51

Server: Druzzil Ro

Postby kolor » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:05 am

hulk is there any way you can post the spreadsheet file or even pdf for these somewhere?
kolor

Server: FV

Paladin Main

Postby olts » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:38 am

do the aa group buffs stack?

c.
olts

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:55 am

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:01 pm

Newb question of the day, what does it mean when it says "increase 10 PH" for the Fundament of Power lineup?
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:22 pm

lol sorry, thats HP.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:37 pm

And I assume those AA's are based on progression in the expansion then? The "Towered to Spires" requirement listed there?
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:00 pm

Nope, no progression. All 4 fundament AAs are tied to gether. You have to purchase Fundament of Power 1-2-3 before you can purchase First Spire. Then you have to purchase First Spire 1-2-3 before you can purchase Fundamanet of Power 4-5-6. Then 2nd spire 1-2-3, then FoP 7-8-9, then 3rd spire 1-2-3. Its like buidling a Tower...probably more like a castle hehe

FoP 1,2,3
1st spire 1,2,3
FoP 4,5,6
2nd spire 1,2,3
FoP 7,8,9
3rd spire 1,2,3
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:46 pm

Nice, these are going to be on my top priority first over defensives, since I expect the return on those to be very low.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:41 pm

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby LordDavias » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:27 am

I almost forgot..

Thanks Hulking for the info (i've even seen people linking ur General AA table around since it shows cost and progression so well)
LordDavias

Server: Antonious Bayle

Postby Kether » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:01 am

The work formating these info lists is commendable.

Does this new heal proc have full heal aggro, or does it have gimped aggro?
Kether

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:39 am

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Kether » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:49 am

Thanks Hulk.

About general group heal aggro. Aye, intelligence is likely a factor, as is your groupmates being/not being on the mobs hatelist. With the combat state indicator this is much easier to see now. It is quite possible for the paladin to pull/tag a mob and have adds, and then cast a group heal for very little benefit because some/many/all of their groupmates are not on the mobs hatelist.

If healers/debuffers/dps are waiting to engage its quite possible the hate values from their heals are wasted.
Kether

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:37 pm

updated Hand of Piety numbers. Rank 16 = 8400, rank 17 = 9000, rank 18 = 9600
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:10 pm

That AA list is really nice Hulklling. Hopefully it will be wikified. ..

Wiki'd?

Wiked?

Added to Sam's wiki for paladins!

:)
Ride free brother.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Saintsaens » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:22 pm

Yep, probably within the next couple days after SoD's release. I'm trying to get all the information found out first so I don't need to keep redoing the same pages over and over again (like where the rk 2 and 3 spells are found, or what the hard numbers for AAs are, for example :)). Not to mention it's still very possible this stuff could change (anyone remember our self DI that was taken away the day of DoD's release? Yes, I'm STILL bitter about that, especially now that the shammies and druids got it and we didn't :))
Saintsaens Sacre`Coeur
Lvl 100 Holy Defender
Officer/Assistant RL, Sol Invictus, The Tribunal

Formerly
Saintsaens Sacre`Coeur
Lvl 65 Paladin
Officer, Splintered Essence
Vulak`Aerr

Formerly
Lvl 52 Crusader
Archaic Arbitrators, Tallon Zek
Saintsaens

Server: Bristlebane

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:52 pm

ohhh forgot to mention....Divine Stun 3,4,5 now have knockback of 5 units. DS 1 and 2 still have knockback of 3, since those ranks are before Hand/Force of Disruption are available.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby thurvok » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:43 am

Armor of Wisdom.. Uh does that just add 9 AC to your regualr AC for every rank??
thurvok

Server: Povar

Postby Gunzo » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:59 am

Thank you Hulkling and all the Paladins who made this expansion a good one for Paladins.

Also thank you for ensuring the cost of AAs was kept down. I saw an ugly trend with the last expansion, so it's good to see things are back to 'normal'. A quick question about AA exp. Will it get harder at 81+?

Thanks again!

Gunzo
Gunzo

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Arslayn » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:20 am

To Thurvok-- Armor of Wisdom - 5 ranks - cost 6/6/6/6/6 - Increase displayed AC by 9/10/9/10/9, 47 total <--- The devs said in beta that this was Softcap AC in response to someone complaining that the returns were low

All in all this Xpan looks to really rock for paladins will be interesting playing one in group situations and makes me sorta sorry Ill miss out playing in raids as a Paladin anymore.
To those paladins that beta and lobby for these types of changes I say thank you since its a rough job Im sure :D
and
"Not all that wander are lost, and not all that glitters is gold"
Defenders Of
Arslayn

Berserker Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby riou » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:56 am

riou

Server: The Rathe

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Hulkling » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:37 am

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Unmei » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:15 pm

Unmei

Veteran --

Server: 7th Hammer

Enchanter Main

Postby Cymril » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:46 pm

So mostly undead don't run, so how handy will the undead snare work? We can't really kite I guess?
Cymril

Postby UDP13 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:14 pm

I have noticed, just in Oceangreen Hills and Village, that the undead there do run. This AA may be a result of that.
UDP13

Paladin Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:50 pm

So we have one saying it raises softcap, and another saying it doesn't. Any clarification? Beause as it stands, I will be unlikely to spend 30AA on 47 AC at least until I'm near capped on other more useful things.

If it raises softcap, I'll be upping this alot on my priority list.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby riou » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:44 am

riou

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Arslayn » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:05 pm

I did more digging around and I was incorrect or misinterpretted it its just over softrcap displayed so it is just 47 regular AC and tbh a very lack luster reason to spend 30 AA, I will give in that its the equiv of maybe 2 free AC augs. *Shrug* I appologize for the created confusion.
Arslayn

Berserker Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:31 pm

Ive talked w/ Nodyin about the Undead Snare AA and the only reason we got this AA was "the paladin population requested it and there was no harm in giving it to them". So basically, we asked for Undead snare AA, and we got it. Purpose of it is completely irrelevant to Nodyin.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Sylvia Sunhair » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:31 pm

In general a good list but no more slay AA ?

Edit

And ive been told by all possible classes that paladins are getting an AE stun with SoD, what hapened to that ?
Sylvia Sunhair

Server: Luclin

Postby shiftie » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:12 pm

well if you think about it burial rites and upgrades make the snare proc spell useless. With all the new spells coming out you'd be hard pressed to keep that nuke up in hopes that it might snare a mob =/ so giving us an undead snare isn't so far out of line as it makes up for a rotting spell.

cheers,
shiftie
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby riou » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:51 pm

riou

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box