[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - 4 / 17 Patch - Druid highlights

4 / 17 Patch - Druid highlights

General Discussion for the EverQuest Druid.

Moderator: Druid Mods

4 / 17 Patch - Druid highlights

Postby Fenier » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:32 pm

- Added new spell drops to Meldrath's Majestic Mansion.
- Increased the drop rate slightly for some spells in Crystallos.
- The Adrenal Boost focus effect has been changed to Life Line, which is a mana cost reduction on Pure Life.
- Breastplate worn effects that enhanced one rank of a spell or discipline now enhance all three ranks.
- The Vinelash Ensnare effect triggered from Vinelash Cascade will no longer overwrite the highest version of Entrap.
- The efficiency of Secrets of Faydwer direct damage spells now scales up on higher ranks of the same spell.
- Increased the range of the Wrath of the Wild AA line to match other Damage Shield spells that Druids have.
- Increased the hitpoints and resists of all "Wards" for all classes to make them better able to resist ambient damage.
- Iksar and Wood Elves should be able to increase their forage skill caps after purchasing the forage AA.
- The bobbing effect of levitation has been removed. A new effect that pushes you off the ground about a foot and a half has been introduced.
- Fixed an issue that could place levitated players below the world when entering certain zones.
- Fixed an issue that would cause levitate to fail if a player's mount was hit by a spell (usually an aura).
- Lockout timers linked on many similar long-reuse spells of the same line.

Things changed which did not make the notes:

Fix for Fortified Survival should now be in place. EDIT - did not go in

Clicks and Focii for SoF BPs now added at the Crystallos essence point. The focus has changed to 19% at group level, 25% at raid level for the spell series Purvida

-Fenier
Fenier

Server: Cazic-Thule

Druid Main
Paladin - Alt/Box

Re: 4 / 17 Patch - Druid highlights

Postby Aelfin » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:46 am

fen, i understand you are some kind of optimist but, after this patch, a list of crap that is fuxx0red all to hell would prolly be more useful than a list of possible things updated.

seriously dude, quit whatever job you are doing and get into marketing. naming this post 'druid highlights' is true spin genius.
Aelfin

Druid Main

Postby Fanra » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:15 am

Don't blame Fenier for the huge number of bugs introduced, he didn't do it.

He's just pointing out what was in the patch message that applies to druids.

I'll admit that other than the "things that didn't make the notes" that there really was no point to his post, since anyone who can read would see that when they logged in or just read the main post with the entire patch notes in the General section.

As for his "marketing" skills, that is pretty much needed if you are going to deal directly with SOE and the "optimist" is probably the main reason he was picked as CC in the past.

A new "EQ Community Leader" has already made snarky comments about my "tone" toward SOE, he is under the delusion that if he is polite and kisses their butts he will succeed with getting them to pay attention to the players and druids. I already told him I've tried that and gotten nowhere. Let him figure that out himself.

If his "respectful" "tone" works, then good for him. But I'll believe it when I see it.

The day that SOE sends me a message that they want to work with me, that is the day I'll be polite toward them. So far, all I've gotten is garbage in return for my polite suggestions.
Last edited by Fanra on Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
90 Hobbit Druid

"We can turn people into wolves who do not want to be wolves better than ANY other class." - FyyrLuStorm

Flexibility is one of the major definers of druids. By locking us into "healer mode" or "nuker mode" we lose that flexibility. Power Sources Suck! Just say no to expendable items.
Fanra

Server: Bertoxxulous

Druid Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Aelfin » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:35 am

meh, i'd hope by now fen knows i don't blame him, or any player, for the current state of the druid. the blame rests completely on the devs.
my post was meant to be more of a 'jfc i can't believe how frikken bad sony sucks at patches.' like 1 step forward with those 'highlights', 583641745936 steps backward with the myriad of bugs introduced.
Aelfin

Druid Main

Postby Brohg » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:04 am

Be more specific? What's bugged by this patch?
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Fanra » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:18 am

Fanra

Server: Bertoxxulous

Druid Main
Monk - Alt/Box