[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - HoT Spells & Abilities

HoT Spells & Abilities

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura and AA discussion.

Moderator: Druid Mods

HoT Spells & Abilities

Postby Cromagnon » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:31 pm

So now that the NDA is dropped, and that launch is tomorrow, I figured I'd throw out some of the things that have me excited about the new expansion:

Spirit of the Bear:
Slot 1 Increase Maximum Hitpoints by 10000
Slot 2 Increase Hitpoints when cast by 10000
Slot 3 Trigger Spell Nature's Blessing unless cured or dispelled
Slot 11 Increase Dodge Chance by 60%
Slot 12 Increase AC by 147 (raw value: 500)
Duration 30 secs (5 ticks)

I see this just being absolutely killer for battle rezzing tanks and getting them back into the mix, though it would be a role on a raid supporting mulitple druids doing a chain of this on the main tank, thats one thing that makes me cringe about it. All in all though, probably the most exciting of the bunch for me at least.

Frostfell Aura / Wildfire Aura Rk 2: /
Slot 1 Decrease Hitpoints by 1457 / Slot 1 Decrease Hitpoints by 1457

This is most definitely what I'm looking forward to, as much as Spirit of the Bear. These are a Mana Reiterate type aura (ench spell dd proc) minus the recurring proc chance. Very huge, I miss this when I'm on live servers now, I want my auras dammit! LOL

Arboreal Absolution Rk 2
Slot 1 100% Chance to Trigger Spell Arboreal Absolution Illusion when cast
Slot 2 5% Chance to Trigger Spell Arboreal Infusion II when casting spell matching focus limits
Duration 54 secs (9 ticks)

This one is nice, if it seems a bit underpowered in the group game. I tested and this worked in conjunction with MGB on the beta server. The 5% on what the fizzle for proc rate isn't right from what I saw, it was closer to 50%, and the heal proced by DD's is Slot 1 Increase Hitpoints by 828 . Really nice, if situational.

Will fill in more later, but there's at least some of whats out there. Please feel free to chime in :)
By Account:
Notfit 82 Gnome Enchanter
Cromagnon 82 Ogre Warrior
Mahlon 71 Dark Elf Wizard
----------------------------------
Dartil 90 Capri Wearing Druid
Cromkins 71 Ogre Beastlord
Locusta 66 Drakkin Rogue
Cromagnon

Druid Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Re: HoT Spells & Abilities

Postby crystillamt » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:01 pm

Saw this on boards for Thursday's patch.

*** Spells ***

Cleric/Druid Increased the damage and mana cost of Tectonic Shock.
Druid Corrected the damage cap on Remote Sunflare.

*** AA ***

Druid Survival of the Felicitous AA has been refunded and removed. It was never intended to be live.

Also, since you'd wanted your heals matching Shaman
Shaman Reduced the healing on Ascendant's Intervention to match Survival of the Propitious
(Looks like Aristo felt the shaman heal amount was too high, not that druid was too low)

EQ RoundTable Member
Devoted Brell serving wench
/
crystillamt

Server: Erollisi Marr

Cleric Main

Postby Cromagnon » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:30 am

Great to hear about the Tectonic upgrade, though hopefully its dramatic enough that its actually worth memming on large pulls, sharing the same timer as rest of our PBAoEs its pretty much been close to worthless for a long time now (the line of PBAoE spells).

As for Remote Sunflare... didn't realize there was an issue, but haven't been paying much attention to it either, but works for me.

Yeah... think we all knew Survival AA wasn't gonna last, had a big ole grin on my face when I saw that this snuck into live after seeing it on beta with the warning *Test content only - not for live servers*. LOL

As for the nerf to the shammy heal, don't think anyone wanted to see that happen, only us to stay in line and on par with the sister ability to survival, to bad :(

As for additions to my last post, some of the stuff I've gotten so far I've been enjoying the hell out of not already mentioned, are the new bracing cold resist debuff that procs the Heal Over Time, 500 mana for like two ticks of 3.8k heal isn't to shabby, have put this to use quite a few times and has def helped out. Situational but still nice.

Also, have been thoroughly enjoying the heck out of our new rain AoE, the damage increase is very very nice, and i think once word is out that we'll see alot more people using these as part of their lineup. They've always been good damage to mana ratio (especially on 2-4 targets) and now its even better :)

New promised has been nice, love using this on Knights especially, makes focusing on eeking out some dps even when main healer that much easier with the bigger heal now :).

Rk 2 charm... loving this one as well, the rk 1 was so frustrating to use withouth the resist check upgrade on the rk 2, but I'm digging it now that I have it... lots of opportunities to use this spell for pulling in some nice solo xp.

Can't wait to hit 90 tonight or tomorrow, looking forward to AAing, picking up our new Heal crit AA line, as well as our DPS burn AA, but I think first buys are going to be new Gift of Mana, followed shortly by Spirit of the Bear.

All in all, I'm thrilled so far by House of Thule, the zones are beautiful, the mobs and named balanced well in both spawn rates and difficulty, and the sheer volume of players zones like the Grounds can support is just phenomenal (90 in zone quite a few times with minimal camp problems, was shocking to say the least). Have also enjoyed not only the progression missions, but the optional 2nd instanced missions for the zones, been really nice to be able to just say "lets do a mission" and not have to worry about finishing pre reqs to request, or finding someone to grab for ya.

Thats it for now, will chime in again later on down the road, but looking to be a very fun expansion and I'm still excited :)
Cromagnon

Druid Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Cromagnon » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:55 pm

On another side note... the upped duration on Damage Shield in particular, and also our regen line is awesome, been totally digging 49+ min durations on these opposed to the 26-33min durations previously, very very helpful.

Still trying to figure out how to work out the new "sympathetic damage" that our new cold dot does and all that, but all in all looking great so far, our new debuffs are useful!.
Cromagnon

Druid Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby crystillamt » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:32 pm

I posted the actual stats on the spells that increased over on the EQLive forum. So sneak over there if you want to see the actual data of increases. (Note tectonic did receive a cast time reduction as well, it's 4.0 seconds instead of the old 4.5 seconds base). It's not a spell that everyone likes/uses but for those who do I wanted to mention that improvement as well.
crystillamt

Server: Erollisi Marr

Cleric Main

Return to Spells & Abilities