[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - corpse poof

corpse poof

For stuff that applies to all (or none) of the classes...

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

corpse poof

Postby Macnair » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:26 pm

So I got stunned and then interrupted twice, and then I got dead. I zoned to the guild lobby, summoned my corpse, clicked "Loot All" and -- as soon as I had all my stuff, the corpse poofed.

I figured that the corpse had to still be there, it was just under the floor or something: so I typed /corpse. That gave me the message, "You don't have any corpses in this zone."

Reminds me of the good old days, when you had to leave something on your corpse if you hadn't been rezzed yet, or else it would poof and you would no longer have a corpse to be rezzed.

Has anyone else had this happen? Is it just a random unexplainable incident, or is this a new feature since the last patch?

Macnair

Server: Vazaelle (Maelin Starshine)

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Re: corpse poof

Postby Tordail » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:52 pm

I could swear someone posted about that on the Bug Reports 4.16 thread on the EQ Live boards, but they won't come up for me ATM. It's stickied in the Veteran's section.
~
Tordail

Veteran -

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main

Postby Brohg » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:47 am

Check if you actually lost exp. I had two bodies the other day, and when both were gone, could have sworn I'd only gotten one rez... but my exp was correct.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Macnair » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:34 am

Yeah, I was down about 10% exp.

But when I logged on this morning, my exp was back, and my petition had been answered.

GM said he was able to find the corpse and rezz it, but did not indicate where the corpse was hidden. So all's well that ends welll, I guess.
Macnair

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby dindaur » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:38 am

weird, wonder where it went
Lord Dindaur Stoutbrew
dindaur

Server: the nameless

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:43 pm

hidecorpse bug? Do you habitually use /hidecorpse looted?
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Macnair » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:47 pm

I often do use /hidecorpse looted, it's true.

The message on that, though, is: Now any corpse you loot, except your own, will not be visible.

So I should have been able to see my own corpse, even if that effect was still on from whenever I used it last. Certainly that is the way it works, normally: looting a bunch of mob corpses and they each become invisible, while my own corpse keeps on being visible, after having been looted.

Also, I used the /corpse command, which returned the message: You don't have any corpses in this zone.

The GM's message doesn't provide a lot of help. If he had said, "Well, I didn't have any trouble finding the corpse, it was in plain sight on the floor of the Guild Lobby" -- well, that would have indicated something. Or if he had said, "For some reason your corpse popped to Shadowrest, even though it still had lots of time showing on it." But he simply said, "I was able to locate your corpse."

I should have thought to type /consent Cabbage or something, so that I would get the message: "You have given Cabbage permission to drag your corpse in ______ zone."
Macnair

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Tkasha » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:24 am

I use /hidecorpse looted all the time and before patch it worked like it was supposed to, hide all corpse except mine. Since patch, when I loot my corpse it will poof, until I do /hidecorpse none. It will appear again.
Tkasha

Server: Stromm

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Funi » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:56 am

Same thing happened to me the other day but i typed /hidecorpse none and got my res.
Funi

Shaman Main

Return to General EQ Discussion