[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - WARNING - EQOutriders.net

WARNING - EQOutriders.net

For stuff that applies to all (or none) of the classes...

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

WARNING - EQOutriders.net

Postby MiniChu » Wed May 28, 2008 4:13 am

EQOutriders.net seems to be hacked.

When you load it, it will attempt to play a movie, and tell you to install an Active-X object to be able to play it... Of course, you do NOT want to do that ;)

If you end up there, kill your browser using taskmanager (ctrl+shift+esc), select the browser and click "End task".

To me, it looks like they did a simple SQL Injection posting a redirect... annoying buggars !
MiniChu

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Re: WARNING - EQOutriders.net

Postby Khael » Wed May 28, 2008 9:17 am

That sucks. Any idea if the board was compromised also?
"Hike. Hikeba inochi wa tasukeru... hikaneba."
Khael

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Spetsnas » Wed May 28, 2008 10:49 am

Not sure if the forums have been attacked as my link direct to the forum index has been hi-jacked by the p0rn site also.

of Bristlebane
Spetsnas

Server: Bristlebane 4 Life!

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Wed May 28, 2008 12:30 pm

Well, my password there isn't my password anywhere else that I recall.

Bummer, though.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby WaringMcMarrin » Wed May 28, 2008 7:35 pm

Any updates on the cause and or fixes for the site?

WaringMcMarrin

Veteran -

Server: The Tribunal(Ayonae Ro)

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Wed May 28, 2008 8:50 pm

You guys are welcome to a temporary or permanent home here.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Whitman » Thu May 29, 2008 5:04 am

At first, you had to try and access the forum to get redirected to a pr0n-site, but now even the front page of EQOutrider tries to redirect you. I only see the page long enough for the web adress to show before my Norton shuts down everything (including the microwave, the TV and the alarm by my bed, it seems). Result: the forums are inacessible, dammit. I need my fix!
Whitman

Ranger Main

Postby ariowen » Thu May 29, 2008 2:38 pm

Yes, I am missing my ranger fix as well.

BTW, love your site Samanna, used it for many things in the past. I lurk, but thought it would be a good time to let you know you have a hell of a site and thanks for the kind offer. I am sure that the outrider folks will get this taken care of soon.

ariowen

Ranger Main
Cleric - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby GheffGutterbrains » Thu May 29, 2008 3:21 pm

Appears the people that hacked the site live in my complex... I put out two 15" monitor with a sign on them that said "Free to a good home" in the common area. I get home from work and both CRT are utterly smashed in the parking lot. Found out from the neighbors that they caught the two kids and their rationale given to the cops "Cause it looked like fun to bust them up"...

One person's pain is another's enjoyment I suppose..

Another way to look at this... EQOutrider /Ranger FD

What my can do for you!
GheffGutterbrains

Server: Luclin (Veeshan)

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby Caythy » Thu May 29, 2008 5:35 pm

eqoutrider.net is working for me - and there is no diskussion going on, that there was an actual attack.
I'm using to skip the intro.

Are you sure, your DNS service is clean? There are ways to 'poison' those servers:
Shaman - the other chain wearing and spell casting melee.
Caythy

Shaman Main
Ranger - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby MiniChu » Fri May 30, 2008 2:51 am

Well, that might be - but it does not look like that is the case from where I am sitting. I am using several different DNS'es daily, and has had this problem on at least 5 different ones now. This would mean the DNS attack would have to be pretty highlevel.
Also, the link you refer to, to the static front page, works fine for me also. If this was a DNS attack, that address would have been compromised for me aswell; which would mean that in order for me to see it like I currently do, any DNS hacker would have to have had it replicated to his own server - and why not use that entry aswell to display me the pr0n? As soon as I click to the "Forums" link from the front page, or use the direct address http://eqoutrider.net/forums I get the hacked version... all in all, this still looks like a compromised webserver at eqoutrider's to me.

However, if you say you can access the forums, and not just the frontpage I'm going to have to take your word for it and say lucky bastard; I miss my Outrider fix ! :D
MiniChu

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Whitman » Fri May 30, 2008 3:48 am

/echo temp_minichu

Is it possible you are looked at a cached version, Caythy?
Whitman

Ranger Main

Postby Caythy » Fri May 30, 2008 6:28 am

Caythy

Shaman Main
Ranger - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Sarkaukar » Fri May 30, 2008 11:24 am

To block it until it is corrected, I use Noscript 1.65 for Firefox.

1. At lower right panel with the S, on a good site, select Disable scripts globally.

2. Then right click on the S, right click, Untrusted, then Mark Deforestarts.com as Untrusted.

That should stop the script from running when viewing the site until it is corrected.
Sarkaukar

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby ariowen » Fri May 30, 2008 5:20 pm

Outrider is back and functional.
ariowen

Ranger Main
Cleric - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Kanamori Hitatomi » Sat May 31, 2008 7:12 am

My guild's website was hacked recently (we're still going over all the data tables to ensure it's sanitized). We upgraded the boards to Yuku recently, don't know if that had anything to do with it. The major thing was the hacking of the email links to add something to the end of the email addresses to cause people using that function to install a virus to their computers.

Of all the things to hack, a guild message board? WTH!

92 Barbarian Shammyknight!
Bristlebane-Tribunal Server - I play on Tribunal damnit!

SHAMMYKNIGHT !!! Okay, perhaps I'm now less of a speedbump than fluffy was when we first got him...
Mod - Most work is on our
Kanamori Hitatomi

Server: Tribunal

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Return to General EQ Discussion