[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - lost gear

lost gear

For stuff that applies to all (or none) of the classes...

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Postby bundler » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:26 pm

Sorry to derail this entire thread, doh. i went to the exact npc the gm said to, hunter locke, and no mission offered the bone i need. funny thing is, i only get three choices, two bones and pp on every mission. i have done all the subcombines except the last one and the final one. i replied to the gm that i still can't finish, guess i'll keep hoping.
bundler

Server: Fennin Ro

Postby Sowslow » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:52 pm

Sowslow

Server: The Rathe -> Quellious -> Povar

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby bundler » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:29 pm

it SHOULD work that way, but it won't work for me, :-(.
bundler

Postby Sowslow » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:59 pm

I remember having to redo a couple of quests to get another bone to show up. So you have tried redoing some of the quests and still no bones?
Sowslow

Server: The Rathe -> Quellious -> Povar

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby bundler » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:45 pm

bundler

Postby bundler » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:54 pm

bundler

Postby Ughbash » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:57 pm

Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Tordail » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:57 pm

~
Tordail

Veteran -

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main

Postby Ughbash » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:04 pm

Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby mackilvenny » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:48 am

mackilvenny

Server: Scotland

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby bundler » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:42 pm

sooo, i guess what i am seeing here is that even though i only need one bone to finish, i need to do these quests again to finish?? does anyone here remember it being like that?? i have done these lots, and have always received no bone for ANY mission till you get a couple done and THEN i get several choices as a reward.
again, i am mad at soe because i have done these missions enough that i DO get offered bones as a reward, BUT i cannot get a mission that will give me that bone as a reward. does it make any sense that NONE of the missions i get offer a ring finger metacarpal?? if the mission isn't fubared i should be able to get whatever mission i need to complete the tasks that will offer that bone, imo. it seems stupid that i have done enough quests from hunter locke that i can get bones, but i cannot get any quest from him to finish. again, does anyone here remember it being that way??
i know these are easy, but killing lt blue mobs in old zones is booooorrrrrinnggg. i maintain that i have done everything soe requires but as mick jagger sings.. "i can't get no satisfaction"!! if i want this much wasted effort with no hope of any reward i want, i would go get married again.
P.S. do gm's get to use a headache as an excuse?? lol
bundler

Postby Macnair » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:57 pm

I had a similar situation occur: it appeared that I had done all the tasks the NPC offered, but I did not have all the bones I needed to receive from that NPC. The reality was, I had not yet unlocked the 5th task which that NPC offered. It looks like you have the same problem: you have already received all the bones the NPC currently shows, but you are not seeing all 5 tasks. That means you still have to get the last task unlocked.

Whether it did not unlock because of a hiccup in the system, or because you don't remember exactly how many missions you did and therefore have not yet done one of the missions you need to unlock the last one -- well, that doesn't really matter. Even if the GM's log is mistaken, he thinks it indicates you haven't done the step you need to do in order to unlock the last task, so he isn't going to just give you the last bone because he likes you.

It won't take you long to finish. Just do it, and you win.

Macnair

Server: Vazaelle (Maelin Starshine)

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Veril » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:09 pm

My memory of this is as folows:

The NPC's generally have 5 tasks.

You don't get offered a bone for doing the first task.

Each unique task you do after that gets you a bone, so you end up getting the 4 bones you need from that NPC. Repeating the same task 100 times still only gets you 1 bone.
Veril

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby bundler » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:11 pm

ok, i'll do all the tasks he offers and if the @#$%^ing dumbass doesn't unlock the mission to get the bone i want i'll give up, sigh.
bundler

Postby bundler » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:10 pm

bundler

Postby Tordail » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:14 pm

Tordail

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Samanna » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:38 am

Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby bundler » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:49 am

bundler

Postby Samanna » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:46 am

Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Macnair » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:55 pm

Macnair

Server: Vazaelle (Maelin Starshine)

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby bundler » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:30 am

no, i got all five quests offered to me, but could only get three rewards, two bones i already had, and 25 pp. if i can get all 5 quests and not get the choice i need, it seems there is something flawed. i guess i am just doomed to proivide amusement for those that didn't get the grief i did, lol.
bundler

Postby Brohg » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:19 am

But you didn't do them all. You just got the tasks and sat on them, then complained. So for whatever task you did next, you were offered all the previous rewards, and the next one. You weren't offered the one after that because you weren't about to earn it. The other posters (and now me) are expressing frustration at the fact that you'd have had nothing to say if you'd just played the game two weeks ago, but instead made it some GM's problem, and ours.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Tordail » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:20 am

Tordail

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby bundler » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:27 pm