[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - The Colors

The Colors

For stuff that applies to all (or none) of the classes...

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

The Colors

Postby Samanna » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:36 pm

If anyone doesn't care for the grey on grey on white we have going on here, feel free to visit http://beta.colorizeit.com/index.php?st ... _prosilver and experiment with colors. If you think you have the gee-whizziest theme ever, bookmark it and we'll put it up in the polls next week.

However, I would suggest that you are wasting your time if you want this to look like some headbanger's myspace page. :)

Bear in mind that the community desires three years ago will likely be representative of today's, too:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=124
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=125
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=126
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=127
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=111

Also, I will add that I've been customizing this theme for well over a month, and am starting to get familiar with prosilver; tweaking colors here is a cinch, but modding something out of the box will be time consuming, and not implemented quickly.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Re: The Colors

Postby Khael » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:54 pm

May I say that might be the most complex recoloring application I have ever set my eyes on. I made a few different ones but the only one I really liked in the end was this .

But I don't think it'll deal with the white-on-white issue, rather just put a bit more color on the site in general rather than it being gray-on-white. I'll play around with it some more since I'm bored anyway!
"Hike. Hikeba inochi wa tasukeru... hikaneba."
Khael

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:35 pm

I actually made navy, forest, maroon, purple, orange and bronze (like that one) themes, but I only wound up using the four different colored sets of buttons, so that I only have one set of theme files to keep up with.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Sabby » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:22 pm

Mine ended up with lots of neutral colors too... too... Or...
Sabby

Paladin Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:58 pm

Those are nice.

I think a palate that went equally well (or poorly, whatever) with the purple, maroon, navy and forest of each section should be a goal as well. I think a tan (vs grey) base could work.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Boromil Bearstruck » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:41 pm

The only suggestion I would make is to make the alternating colors of posts have a little more contrast. Maybe it is just because I am color blind with some colors but to me that light greyish color and white are hard to discern and thus when reading a thread its kind of like one long jumbled mess.
Boromil Bearstruck

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby Zorbee » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:04 am

I think the colors are fine.

I'm just not a fan of the squishyness of the layout.
Avenger Zorbee Bunny'Slayer - Destroyer of Helpless Bunnies ~
Deos Fortioribus Adesse! ~ The gods are on the side of the stronger
Zorbee

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Return to General EQ Discussion