[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Slow - history breakdown

Slow - history breakdown

For stuff that applies to all (or none) of the classes...

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Slow - history breakdown

Postby Lgurin » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:37 am

Greetings,

I'm a recently returned player who has this big gaping hole of knowledge from OoW to today. I'm trying to understand all the changes with our slow spells. As I remember it, we had 3 lines of slow. We had our main line, which landed based on MR, but required DR counters to remove. A disease slow, which landed based on DR and required DR to remove, and our AE slow which was MR to land, DR to remove. Am I right so far? So here's the list I remember ..

Turgur's Insects lvl51 MR based 75%slow - 3 sec cast time
Tigir's Insects lvl58 MR based AE 50%slow - 5 sec slow
Cloud of Grummus lvl61 DR based 40%slow - 6.4 cast time
Balance of the Nihil lvl65 MR(-40) based 75%slow - 1.5 sec cast time
--next?

So how does the rest of this line go? I've been playing with level 80 shaman and their slow's overwrite mine, which I would expect. I just want to understand how many more there are till 80 (I'm 67) so I can figure out which one's to focus on getting.

Thanks for your time.
Lg
Lgurin

Server: Dayton OH

Shaman Main

Re: Slow - history breakdown

Postby Yesak » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:51 am

To answer your last question, it is simply because they are higher level or they are using turgurs and you are using balance. Even up to 80 you will have others overwriting your slows (if you are using balance). It has nothing to do with focus as far as I can tell. Almost identical spells (ie, BW from a 79 or BW from a 80 with same focus) will almost always be overwritten by the higher level, and block the lower level's spells. I found this annoying thing out when tryin to rebuff a raid at 79. Hit MGB and casted Vem rank2 and it landed on about 5 people even though the previous caster had similar duration focus. Havent had any issues once I hit 80.

For the history:

Lingering Sloth lvl68 DR (-50) based 25% slow - no cast time (this is a proc you put on other people or yourself and the proc does the slow)
Balance of Discord lvl69 MR (-60) based 75%slow - 1.5 sec cast time
Vindictive Spirit lvl70 MR (-100) based AE 50%slow - 3 sec cast time (this also gives you a small rune/dmg mitigation buff on you when it lands)
Hungry Plague lvl70 DR (-50) based 40%slow - 3 sec cast time (this is a viral type spell, meaning if I remember right, it hits one mob and it spreads to all others within AE range of that mob)
Tortugone's Drowse lvl72 MR (-120) based AE 50%slow - 1.5 sec cast time (upgrade to Vindictive Spirit, same sort of thing)
Rolist's Drowse lvl77 MR (-120) based AE 50% slow - 1.5 cast time (same sort of thing as Vindictive Spirit)

Also an AA version of turgur's with, I believe, a -50 resist mod to it. Otherwise it's exactly the same.

I'm sure I've forgotten a few and people can fill in the gaps. I personally dont use anything but balance or turgurs in normal play. I may load up Rolist's for special AEing or raids where I simply want the rune, but otherwise, that's about it. Never worried about the proc slow or the viral slow. Neat toys but not a *have* to have. 8)
"Sometimes you have to face your demons, sometimes the demon is you." - Yesak Demunstorm
Yesak

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Kriyn Nutzforcatnip » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:58 pm

Sloth is nice to place on the tank for agro reasons as well, but it's not exactly necessary.
I'm ok, how are you?

Rodcet Nife (Quellious)
Kriyn Nutzforcatnip

Shaman Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Finori » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:05 pm

Get the upgrades - or . Both really strong buffs.
Finori

Postby Vasei » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:00 pm

Are there still swing reset issues with Lassitude/Langour or have those been fixed? Never sure if people click it off because their buff bar is full or because they're underinformed...

Test Server
Primal Brood
Vasei

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Finori » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:00 pm

Finori

Return to General EQ Discussion