[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Hmmm can't log on

Hmmm can't log on

For stuff that applies to all (or none) of the classes...

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Hmmm can't log on

Postby Macnair » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:41 pm

So my trader was sitting quietly in the bazaar, in a minimized window, while I was working on another project, and suddenly I got a bunch of disk activity and discovered that EQ was crashing. In a couple minutes it had finished crashing, and I was looking at the server select screen. I clicked forward to server select, and saw my trader bot ready to log back on: but when I clicked from there, EQ crashed again, and eventually made its way back to server select once more.

I went through this cycle once more.

I closed EQ and restarted it, and did this cycle once more.

I rebooted, started no other programs, started EQ, and did this cycle once more.

I did a full file check, and did this cycle once more.

So for some reason I can start the game with no problem, get all the way to character select, and then the game freezes and resets itself back to the server select screen.

Any suggestions?

Macnair

Server: Vazaelle (Maelin Starshine)

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Re: Hmmm can't log on

Postby Samanna » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:11 am

The default response is "check your directX stuff".
Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Whitman » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:34 am

What other project? Were you fiddling with firewall/Antivirus/Anti-worm settings? (Port issues)

Does EQ crash for all your toons, or just your trader? (zonefile issue)

Is your GPU overheating? (hardware problems)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
~Voltaire
Whitman

Ranger Main

Postby Veril » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:04 am

run eqoptionseditor.exe and check your screen resolution - that's often a problem
Veril

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Macnair » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:15 pm

Well it works now, but it remains a mystery why it was not working before.

I logged in two other characters, they worked fine.

I tried to log my trader back in, and this time he worked fine, too.

Thanks for your help, all.
Macnair

Server: Vazaelle (Maelin Starshine)

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Return to General EQ Discussion