[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Insanely high Bazaar prices

Insanely high Bazaar prices

For stuff that applies to all (or none) of the classes...

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Insanely high Bazaar prices

Postby Boogoog » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:52 pm

I am still progressing through SoF and SoD zones, so I am quite content to pick and choose my gear upgrades from traders selling reasonably priced HoT-era drops. Reasonably priced to me means 2k - 4k for non-visible slots and jewelry. Thankfully I don't lust after incremental stat increases since I need to save plats for spells on my two toons.

Every time I check the bazaar to see what's for sale, I am floored by some of the asking prices - 20K, 40k, even 80k PP. Granted, these are typically for VoA-era items, but is it really that common for players to make that kind of platinum from adventuring in the later expansions?

Also, I often see items I buy for 2k - 4k PP being sold for 10k - 20k PP. I can't help but wonder if those traders ever sell their items. Are they just delusional, or is there really that much demand (i.e., players with that much platinum to spend on alts)?
Boogoog

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box

Re: Insanely high Bazaar prices

Postby Trenolis » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:08 pm

Each server has different economics so it's hard to say. I've seen 2 different servers and I can say that they are very different. I've seen drops that may go for 2-4k as you said then the same drops on a different server for 30-40k. However the prices vary wildly depending on the day of the week or how many players are selling the item. Also the item price can be affected by the rarity or commonness of the drop rate. Weekends can raise the prices because more players are logging in. Also there are AFK traders that set their prices then leave their toons logged in for long periods of time.

I don't know if this helps but it's the best info I can offer.
Trenolis

Server: Down the rabbit hole

Beastlord Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Boogoog » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:31 pm

All valid comments Trenolis. I forgot to think about the AFK traders that haven't altered their prices in parallel with a server's economic landscape.

Could some of you level 90+ toons comment on the platinum earning potential of the UF, HoT, and VoA expansions. Does it get easier to earn large amounts platinum? For example, are vendor junk items worth 100+ PP and mobs drop 100+ PP?
Boogoog

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Aetemius » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:40 pm

With normal exping in HoT and VoA, it seems that BDs, diamonds and other gems drop more frequently for me. I've come out with 5-6k splits easily in a hour-long group, and that's not counting any named loot drops.
Aetemius

Server: Maelin Starpyre

Paladin Main

Postby Trenolis » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:09 pm

With each new expansion, the older ones lose value because everyone wants the better stuff. Tier 1 gear begins outdating the second highest tier of the previous expansion and such the lower tier from that expansion loses value. However, the lower level requirements of older gear keeps the prices up to a certain point since lower level toons are not able to equip gear from current expansions. Keep that in mind when you go bazaar diving.
Trenolis

Server: Down the rabbit hole

Beastlord Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Boogoog » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:56 am

I'm hearing you on FM Trenolis. I've noticed a lot more HoT items available in the Bazaar lately, and I am more than willing to wait until they are 2-5k rather than 10k PP. Levels dictate the real power shift in EQ - always have, always will.
Boogoog

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:24 am

Worth observing: any time you see an item in the Bazaar, it has not yet sold at the price it's marked with.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Lenil » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:12 pm

If you really need plat, go see the ladies in siren's grotto. Only use I've found for the cone nuke.
Lenil

Return to General EQ Discussion